Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
New Wario Cup is live!

FAWiwSWUUAAnddr

You have 14 stages and a choice of 2 characters. The 14 stages are the same every time, and in the same order too. It does, however, get rather fast by the end.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I haven't played enough of the level 3 versions of the microgames because this challenge kicked my ass. Looking forward to practicing it. I got an A rank last week after only a few tries but finished with a strong "E" on this one.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm getting very close to finishing all the non-Wario Cup missions. Just need to finish up 3 more genres in the Play-o-pedia (only doing 1 a day since it's tiring to do more than that at once lol). Everything else is done, including getting all crew members to level 30 (thank goodness you don't need to grind coins for that and it will just happen as you complete other missions).

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
First crack at this week with Ashley and Mike went well. I might have to play around with other crew members for a better multiplier.

Penny could be good for dealing with some of the fire stages directly, I suck at controlling her though.

Yort

Oct 28, 2017
I did the last Wario Cup pretty early in the week, and it's interesting to see that my rank actually went up since then when I checked it today as more people tried it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This current cup is pretty intense, I was top 24% whithout failing any games, tried again with other characters and now top 4%, my characters are still pretty low level and I can feel it, haha.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Geez, scoring 46 on Penny's Mix sucks. I managed to do it after like an hour of trying, but any microgame requiring even the slightest bit of finesse suddenly becomes a huge pain in the ass.

At least the song is a bop, so it's got that going for it.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Difficulty multiplier seems important for this cup. Was trying really hard to do it with Jimmy and 5-Volt but ended up getting top 7% with Mike and 5-Volt.

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I'd like to start fresh from the beginning again in coop with my partner, but I also want to keep my progress and online trophies.

Is this possible? Hopefully I am missing something, as this would be fun to play through with my partner.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to start fresh from the beginning again in coop with my partner, but I also want to keep my progress and online trophies.

Is this possible? Hopefully I am missing something, as this would be fun to play through with my partner.
Could you create a profile for your partner and play on that?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Every mission other than the Wario Cup stuff is finally done! I can finally stop the grind lol.

I did this week's Wario Cup with Penny and Kat (yes, seriously). It took a bit but I did manage to do a perfect run, giving me a score of 4093 points. That put me in the top 1% lol.

Steezy

Jan 7, 2018
There's no way to update the rankings in Wario Cup, right? Without beating your score I mean.

I'm worried that my current score won't be enough.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing it with my wife. Game is quite a challenge. I like it. Simple and fun. Oled will make this a great bed co op game.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Finally got my hands on this game! Long story short, it's really great. I wish they had more challenge cups, though (e.g. if you can play three different challenges in one week).

It was very fun to play the latest Fire and Ice challenge with the two hardest characters, 9-Volt and Kat. In the main game, I kind of got the feeling of "Why would I ever use X character here? They're a bad character" but in the Challenges I instead think of it as a fun puzzle to figure out how to perfect 14 games with the hardest characters.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I did the Wario Cup pretty early last week and placed in the top 18%. I thought for sure I'd drop down to B, but I logged in today and actually went up to 15%.

This week's double Pyoro event is gonna be super annoying with some of the microgames. Time to feed him tons of prezzies.

toibocks

Sep 23, 2021
Finally another survival-based Wariocup. To me the funnest part of this game is seeing how far you can get, rather than optimizing playing specific games like the last two were about

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The latest Wario Cup might be the most infuriating, blood-boiling, loathsome one yet.

I hope they do more like it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
In the new cup, is the level 2+ of that Siren minigames unwinnable?
The pearls don't fall fast enough to get the 5, I tried with the tongue but it doesn't grab those.
The latest Wario Cup might be the most infuriating, blood-boiling, loathsome one yet.

I hope they do more like it.
In the explanation they show Dibble + Spitz together so that's one assured to come.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Such a brilliant and fun game. I was already pretty satisfied before I even unlocked everything. This one will be in rotation for a while.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Wow, I suck at this latest Wario Cup (double Pyoro). Haven't gotten better than a B rank so far.

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I'm honestly having a blast with the game. After the definitiveness of the classic formula with Wario Ware Gold I really appreciate the twist here with the controllable characters.

I finished the story mode in like two hours, but by now I've reached more than 15 hours just trying to beat the score missions and the golden trophies of the weekly Wario cup. I really hope we get some kind of DLC (maybe new characters, despite I don't really know which supporting characters are left from other entries).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This new cup is tricky, you think you can save a a bit of time of some games but you can't, and sometime Lulu can save almost 2 seconds in the 3rd games but it's very tricky to do, I managed it twice in like 30/40 tries.
Anyway I'm glad I didn't have to level those characters because I'm getting really short on money.
Realizing there's still 45+ weeks of those is pretty crazy, I don't know when I'll stop caring about it, I'd guess when SMT V drops, haha.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
The local multiplayer games in this are the best local multiplayer releases I've played in at least 5 years. Such a great variety of games and every single one of them is a lot of fun.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
This new cup is tricky, you think you can save a a bit of time of some games but you can't, and sometime Lulu can save almost 2 seconds in the 3rd games but it's very tricky to do, I managed it twice in like 30/40 tries.
Anyway I'm glad I didn't have to level those characters because I'm getting really short on money.
Realizing there's still 45+ weeks of those is pretty crazy, I don't know when I'll stop caring about it, I'd guess when SMT V drops, haha.
Ooof, I did my best and managed to squeak in under 34 seconds, but it was still only good enough for B. It's definitely RNG based because certain microgame setups can waste seconds of time if you're unlucky.

I've resigned myself to just getting the gold cup and settling for whatever online rank. Like you said, as the weeks go on more people will drop the game and only the diehards will stay, so I imagine getting an A will only get harder in the future.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
New cup was amazing for me, 100 games and very close to 30k points, good luck everyone haha.
The games are not that hard but you gotta spam the button like crazy for a few of them.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure who else is still playing the Wario Cup, but being forced to use only Kat and 9-Volt is really highlighting how completely unfun these characters are. I rarely feel it's my fault when I lose.

I don't feel this way when they're part of the big rotation of characters, but when it's only them it really sucks.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It took a long while, but I finally am at the max level in Wario Cup, which is 20 (être le plus suprême / most supreme being).
All while being A rank each weeks, the crazy part is that there's still 26 cups to be released.

Recently the cups have been really hard to get good rank, I think only the most hardcore people kept playing it, haha,

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone.

I'm considering picking this up, but I'd like to know how the single player content is. Is it worth getting it I'm primarily planning on playing solo?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Hey everyone.

I'm considering picking this up, but I'd like to know how the single player content is. Is it worth getting it I'm primarily planning on playing solo?
it's a pretty typical warioware title. the "story" is short and you'll blow through it quickly but as long as you're into shooting for a high score it's got a lot of replicability

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Hey everyone.

If you've played previous WarioWare games, it's exactly like that. The multiplayer component is mostly an addition, not a replacement to the normal single player content.

ScOULaris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you've played previous WarioWare games, it's exactly like that. The multiplayer component is mostly an addition, not a replacement to the normal single player content.
Okay, thanks. That's good to know.

Do the various single player modes add some variety, or is there really only one mode that you'll end up playing most of the time?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Okay, thanks. That's good to know.

Do the various single player modes add some variety, or is there really only one mode that you'll end up playing most of the time?
For the most part, the modes have you play the same set of microgames under different constraints. In terms of structure, the game has a very expansive in-game achievement system for getting certain high scores on each mode / performing certain actions, etc. Wario Cup is probably the most interesting unique mode, but unfortunately you only get one mission per week.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
For me an important detail was, that the doodads are missing in this game. The points you earn in singleplayer are spent on character cosmetics (mostly color swaps).

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It is done, the evil is defeated, I've been playing this game every Tuesday for an entire year

View: https://twitter.com/ned_ballad/status/1564604241205145600

Although there's still one ??? block in my Challenges list, and since the game is a year old next week, not this week, kinda weird I got this now and not next week. Or the ??? block in my Challenges is a glitch because they didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to do this every single week for an entire year lol

Actually, come to think of it, I unlocked this achievement before even doing the cup, like just opening the menu was enough. The whole thing is weird

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, man! I petered out pretty quick, even though I enjoyed the game well enough. I hope you enjoyed it!