• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
I thought there were two competing narratives: either he was fired before his daughter committed suicide because the film was "unwatchable" or he left the film to mourn his daughter's suicide. Did I miss something?

I think this is how it went down: Snyder screened his rough cut, execs hated it and "fired" him (IIRC due to director's guild rules "fired" directors are still allowed to direct reshoots and finish the film but on a very tight leash), Whedon came on to help Snyder write the reshoots, Snyder's daughter passed, everyone tried to focus but it wasn't working, and ultimately WB/Snyder agreed to part ways with Whedon fully taking over.

Technically Ridley Scott was "fired" while editing Blade Runner, but was immediately told to get back in the editing room and finish the movie.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Some people in this thread are so damn petty, ignorant, and obtuse all at once. Goddamn lol.

killing Batman after two movies, the first of which made him terribly unlikable and whom many felt was a mishandling or the character, is completely different from a decision that was the culmination of a multi-movie character arc.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
That "directors cut" image is fake as fuck. They don't call it a "directors cut" while they're still filming.
Why would it be fake? I think per DGA rules, directors can work on and edit their own cut of a movie even if a separate entity (movie studio, production company, etc) doesn't want to release it. It's not like once principal photography finished he slapped these signs on cans of film footage. Zack has screened his version of the movie before to his friends/peers before.

That and every label having the same mis-aligned print.
I don't understand how that makes the image fake? It's just printed words on film cans. Why wouldn't it be similar?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
killing Batman after two movies, the first of which made him terribly unlikable and whom many felt was a mishandling or the character, is completely different from a decision that was the culmination of a multi-movie character arc.
It wasn't going to be after two movies it would've been in the third justice league film snyder and terrio originally had planned and that would have been after Affleck's original scheduled solo film so he would've died after 6 appearances( bvs,ss,jl1,jl2,the batman, and jl3)

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
It wasn't going to be after two movies it would've been in the third justice league film snyder and terrio originally had planned and that would have been after Affleck's original scheduled solo film so he would've died after 6 appearances( bvs,ss,jl1,jl2,the batman, and jl3)

Then based on their previous work I have little confidence they'd execute it that well.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Why would it be fake? I think per DGA rules, directors can work on and edit their own cut of a movie even if a separate entity (movie studio, production company, etc) doesn't want to release it. It's not like once principal photography finished he slapped these signs on cans of film footage. Zack has screened his version of the movie before to his friends/peers before.

I don't understand how that makes the image fake? It's just printed words on film cans. Why wouldn't it be similar?
It sure looks like a staged photo made after the fact. And like Alwayscrazybacon pointed out, all of the labels having the exact same slightly off centered text kills the authenticity of it.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
It sure looks like a staged photo made after the fact. And like Alwayscrazybacon pointed out, all of the labels having the exact same slightly off centered text kills the authenticity of it.
I don't understand the insinuation, why stage a fake photo? Like this is an old photo from when principal photography was done and he Photoshoped it? I suppose that's possible, but it seems more like a stamp to me.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The man hath spoketh

rq98puvumm241.jpg

With runtime and all.

I wonder if that's 2hrs 14min or 214min? Give me the latter please.
The most surprising part about this is people are still using Vero

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I thought you meant that the whole thing was a set up, not just the film cans.

i dunno, a lot of directors only wanna use film and Zack is seems pretty dedicated to the art of it all.
nah i think just the film can thing is a staged photo. I think some version of the Snyder cut exists, albeit probably an incomplete version.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say that the film cannisters are fake. I think the point of the picture was to get across that the cut does indeed exist and him saying it in this official manner (fake pic or not) was the sole purpose behind the message.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
If the cut exists, it's one of those extremely rough cuts that you produce part way through the editing process; ie unfinished and nowhere near where the final movie needs to be.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Era has a weird obsession with the guy. By all accounts, everyone who has ever worked with him always sing his praises. However, this forum would have you believe he's some alt-right shitbag that ruined their childhood.

We continue to express ourselves using binary tools and expect it not to have the resultant effect of binary thinking.

BinaryGeekCulture.jpg

freshVeggie

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel was awful.
Batman vs. Superman only had a few good scenes but still failed.

Why do people expect JL Synder Cut to be a revelation?

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Era has a weird obsession with the guy. By all accounts, everyone who has ever worked with him always sing his praises. However, this forum would have you believe he's some alt-right shitbag that ruined their childhood.
He seems like a nice dude. He's a trash director who got a raw deal on his vision of Justice League.
Man of Steel was awful.

They want to see the end of Synder's vision and believe it can't be worse than what they already have.

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly believe he is a good guy and it seems it he is great to work with.
I think his directing skills are very lacking, still would gladly share a drink with him.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Man of Steel was awful.

I mean, the people that want to see the different version of JL likely really enjoyed mos and bvs. I don't think most proponents of the Snyder cut think it's going to change other people's views on previous movies, just that they themselves would like it more than the theatrical release. You can't really change someone's mind that they want to see a different cut a movie, in the grand scheme of things it really isn't a big deal.

And it's hard to blame them, the theatrical jl cut was a strange Frankenstein's monster of competing ideas and tones. A more consistent movie doesn't seem like that crazy of an ask.

And more importantly, a director's cut would entirely throw away elfman's score. Which would definitely be an improvement lol.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
If the cut exists, it's one of those extremely rough cuts that you produce part way through the editing process; ie unfinished and nowhere near where the final movie needs to be.
That's not what those that working on the editing and special effects have said. They've all been pretty direct that while there are/were a few things unfinished a ton of the film was done and in a far more complete form then many realize. Junkie XL has said that his score for the film was done. The goal post by some keeps getting pushed back but those that worked on this have always said the cut exist and it's largely done. We just keep seeing more and more proof to back that up.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
imagine anyone actually wanting to revisit this embarrassing piece of shit movie, but like, make it longer
god i wonder if that shit about killing louis was true, it was dumb enough at least

the fanbase harassing folks online for this is really icing on the cake

i mean, he legit put out turds of superman and then this movie, and he's now working on ayn rand garbage, but go on

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Well, Snyder's Justice League.

3.5 hrs of the Justice League/Unlimited cartoon? Yes, please!

see now we're fuckin' talking

Nobody questioned that the clown had shot the damn thing, just that it's not in a state anywhere near being screening ready..the amount of editing this would need just isn't worth the cost to WB, especially now that they seem adamant to just disregard any canon it set up anyway.

Stop stroking this idiots ego, it's distracting him from that gross Ayn Rand adaption he's supposed to be doing.

exactly this
i don't doubt any film leaves shit on the cutting room floor, i just don't watch something like hellboy this year and go "you know, this would've been better if there was just more of it"
shit stung as a hellboy fan, too

Same thing he's been doing since the film bombed, just stoking fires to maintain the attention he's been getting. He said part of a bike that was pretty much off screen and under a sheet was robins once, and another time claimed that the Doomsday in BvS wasn't the real Doomsday. He'll say pretty much anything to keep that fanbase going.

Pretty sure he's getting paid commission on how many people he's getting to sign up for that crappy social media site too at this point, lol.

it'd be funny if folks weren't making it an identity and harassing people online about it

He is an edge lord though.

full stop

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
it'd be funny if folks weren't making it an identity and harassing people online about it
They turned on Cavill the other day after that interview where he said he'd not heard of the cut or been shown it. Literally people in the Twitter thread calling him a snake because he turned on Snyder after Snyder 'gave him his career'.

Absolute fucking clowns. Even if this thing was real, they don't deserve to see it.

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
Every post Zack Snyder made about this fiasco made me hate him as more than a film-maker

Now I can say he's a stupid fucking Ayn Rand fanboy without feeling a hint of remorse

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Now I can say he's a stupid fucking Ayn Rand fanboy without feeling a hint of remorse
I mean that's kind of an oversimplification, as he has talked about the problems of her work and rand drinking her own coolaid with regard to philosophy/fame. It's more similar to Ken Levine making Bioshock and using it as a yarn to interpret her work, realizing it's goofy/weird whilst trying to crack a story. I'm pretty sure they did a podcast together where they talked about the challenges of wanting to use her work and parse through the ideas for an audience.