• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
The first one was embarrassing enough for WB.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
wait so wtf are the cast members doing with the hashtag on social media? lol

Jul 18, 2018
Good stuff.
The leaked clips that Snyder made (part of snyder cut) are shit anyway.
Bunch of stans are delusional, thinking the movie will be better with the clips.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Hope the Snyder cut is finally released and it's like the video from The Ring where you just die because you see it

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
So it does exist?

Now I'm just curious.

I disliked the movie, but am interested in how Darkseid was involved for the sequel.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because they are smart and have no reason to undue the progress theyve made with their DC movies after dumping that hack snyder. But DCEU fans are masochists apparently so go ahead and release it so we can all have a good laugh.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
They should reconsider. Regardless of how good or bad it is, I think the original artistic presentation would be interesting to see.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I'm not sure I buy this. With Affleck and Gadot tweeting the hashtag out, it seems like they're building hype for something. It's tough to buy that they would just do that off the cuff.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they re-released it they would have to pay a lot of people, and redo a bunch of contracts. All for a version of the movie that a small, vocal fanbase would pay to watch. It's not worth it for them, and eventually the 6500 people that follow that account on Twitter will find something else to do.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So why did all of the cast members decide to spontaneously start tweeting about it?
It was bizarre, especially with coordinated black and white pictures. When that happened, my gut reaction was "oh, this is a marketing thing now, it's happening".

That could still be true, who knows. But one thing is certain; finishing effects and editing work on this other cut of the film to a releasable state would be expensive as hell, and there's no reason to think it would be any better than the version we got (considering it's Snyder, I'm inclined to believe it would be much worse).

TableBeRound

Alt account
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
It's really baffling if it wasn't intended as marketing.

I guess they're just showing support for Snyder? It seems like Snyder is a genuinely good director to work with no matter how you feel about his movies.

As for the Snyder Cut, it wouldn't change any minds but at least it wouldn't be an embarrassing Frankenstein's monster. The first JL deserves better than that.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
eipugIu.jpg

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
at this point it's become a pretty far reaching meme and it could prob make some decent bank even if it doesn't improve the quality of the film

my guess is it'll happen.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Yeah, I don't buy it. The actors straight up tweeted up support. This is a marketing tactic.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Surprising that a studio has little interest in putting out an unfinished cut of a derided movie by a director whom they specifically fired off that movie because of said cut.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that some would wanna watch that atrocity in an even longer version is beyond me

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
If any insiders were privy and the cast posting with the hashtag are doing it for marketing purposes, they would not say anything as more than most marketing attempts leaks would kneecap it in a very direct financial way. That would open those insiders up to larger than normal lawsuits.