• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Funny title, Valve is doing fuck all with L4D so they might as well go for it.

I really enjoyed Evolve, it's a shame what went down with it. This team does a lot of cool stuff within the MP space so I'll be watching this for sure.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm excited!! Hope this does well for them. I have extremely fond memories of playing looots of L4D2.

Your zombie hate extends even to L4D, a known quality zombie shooter with some of the best FPS co-op?
L4D broke new ground for its time, more than a decade ago. I played it too and enjoyed my time with it.

But this is 2019. Dozens, if not hundreds, of other similar games have been released since then.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
From the sound of it it looks like it's a long way off. Probably 2021 at the absolute best.

On one hand I'm excited because L4D is one of the greatest co-op games ever made. On the other hand Evolve, so.............

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking in.

Left 4 Dead 2 is my favorite co-op game of all time. Bring it!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda disappointing that the first thing we're hearing about this game is not how we can preorder it to receive unspecified exclusive content, how are we supposed to get excited?

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
"We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality."

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not the Left 4 Dead we asked for, but the Left 4 Dead we deserve.

I hope this is as good as the first game! I'm excited to hear and see more.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
Another zombie game?! I thought those were unwanted, generic games, that we as gamers moved on from.

I'm in.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
L4D broke new ground for its time, more than a decade ago. I played it too and enjoyed my time with it.

But this is 2019. Dozens, if not hundreds, of other similar games have been released since then.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not interested in too many of those. I liked L4D because of the campaign structure, the character banter, the horde mechanics, the special infected, replayability, extra modes like Scavenge, and so on. I've yet to see a big game come out that hits quite all those notes for me, and I wonder how many others feel the same. I guess time will tell if the market is still interested in an experience like this in the same way I am. I've tried stuff like Payday or Dying Light, but they're just... not the same. I dropped them within the first couple hours.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interested to see what fresh stuff they bring to the L4D formula. Hopefully a more advanced director mode and more interaction with zombies etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't fault them for doing this. Hopefully it's as good as Left 4 Dead. I think that's a pretty terrible name though.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Nice!!

I unfortunately was late to the party for L4D but what I did play was superb.

I wanted to get into Evolve but the controversy around it kind of turned me off.

I hope there is no bullshit with this. Consider it on my radar for now.

Hell I love simple stuff like killing floor 2. This has potential.

Nov 2, 2017
Turtle Rock you say? I am listening...

ezgif-3-baf1abbc92ac.gif

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Not a very wise idea to put "Next-Gen" in there with a focus on Current Gen at a time where PS5/Xbox 2 rumors are all over the place. Still, I am incredibly stoked for this!

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'm down. I loved Left 4 Dead and I actually liked Evolve pretty decently honestly, plus I do honestly think a lot of issues with Evolve (primarily, it's monetization methods) had to do with 2K more than Turtle Rock, and I appreciated they updated the game to be better post-launch and think they've learned from that experience.

I know they are going to say this isn't anything like L4D3 would be, and I actually believe them when they say they'll be innovating on what they've done with L4D did and this is an actually ambitious project in some of what it's trying to do, but I think this is as close as we're going to get to a L4D3 anytime soon.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Both Left4Dead games were so much fun. The genre has moved on quite a lot since then though but I'm optimistic.

Seems early in development, a bit like the Cyberpunk announcement in 2012 to advertise it to potential devs.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well since Valve arent doing shit with L4D3 I am all in on this one.

I even liked Evolve. Shame the market didnt respond to it.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Very excited for a Turtle Rock Game and all but... couldn't you have maybe done up a trailer with this announcement? Or some nice screenshots at least? Something other than a press release maybe?

edit
I haven't seen such a blatant rip off name since Evil Within for Reaident Evil

In fairness to them, they came up with the original name they're 'ripping' off here.

edit2
This is actually answered in their F.A.Q.:

Yeah, I read that. Still pretty weird. Not "Sit in a crowd during an E3 show and announce a new Star Wars game with nothing more than a title" weird, but weird.

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for a Turtle Rock Game and all but... couldn't you have maybe done up a trailer with this announcement? Or some nice screenshots at least? Something other than a press release maybe?
This is actually answered in their F.A.Q.:

With so little to tell us, why are you announcing now?
  • Back 4 Blood is a hugely ambitious project and we need the best of the best to come join us. As an independent studio, we have to announce early to let our industry know we're up to something big. If you are in the video game business and you are looking to make real contributions to a brand new AAA IP developed in Southern California, check us out. Our job listings are here with more to come in the next year: https://www.turtlerockstudios.com/careers 1.
    We also want to hear from you all about what you think about the games we've made in the past and what you are looking forward to in the future. We love getting to know and interact with our community and the sooner we can do that, the better!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Even though they say "this isn't L4D3" in the FAQ I hope it's still focused on L4D mechanics coupled with some new features. There's no need to reinvent the wheel here.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Both Left4Dead games were so much fun. The genre has moved on quite a lot since then though but I'm optimistic.

Seems early in development, a bit like the Cyberpunk announcement in 2012 to advertise it to potential devs.

This is where I'm at, there has been quite a few games with that focus since L4D 2 so, if it's just more of the same fine, fans will be pleased but most people won't give it a chance.

The announcement gives me that 4 player coop TPS egypt game vibes.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
If it's anything like Evolve, riding on MTX and such, they can kiss my ass. If it's rather similar to what L4D/2 or Vermintide/2 are then I'm in!