• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MajorB

Apr 18, 2018
"We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we've learned and push forward. We know that's a tall order," said Phil Robb, Co-founder and Creative Director, Turtle Rock Studios.

Shade level:
total-eclipse.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Evolve was honestly a good game plagued with a few external issues and Left 4 Dead is legit one of the best games ever made so I have high hopes.
One thing i loved about Evolve was each DLC skin was it's own character. It wasn't a big thing but it was nice.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yeah let's go! That title seems like they have a chip on their shoulder as a developer haha.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The name is silly but I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays. Hope it's good.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great!!
Could be even better than getting L4D3 if they nail some some special new mechanics with current gen tech/dev.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. I also enjoyed the hell out of Evolve so probably day one on this.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Full priced game, not ruling out microtransactions, from a publisher that likes microtransactions, zombies, no mention of their last game in the press release, game sounds super generic.

Exciting.

Oh and the game they do decide to mention is over a decade old now. Sweet.

Last edited:

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Great name, even before I read Left 4 Dead in the thread title, I saw Back 4 Blood and immediately thought of L4D.

If this is L4D3 in all but name, I will be tremendously happy.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
Good for them. Why wait for Valve to finally come around when they can just go the spiritual successor route? I can't wait to see this in action.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
They could have called it
Right 4 Life

That sounds like the kind of thing Steam would put on their store nowadays

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Hope it's good, but man...this really seems like it's coming late to the party.

If it reinvigorates the genre though, it might have a chance at success.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it is literally "left 4 dead 3 but we don't own that IP"

Agreed, it's pretty hard to miss with the title they chose.

I wasn't jazzed with Evolve, despite liking the concept and enjoying some matches when everything came together as intended. If they follow rather close to the L4D design, it should go well. A lot of people still speak fondly of it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dislike the name. But damn if I haven't been waiting for a solid successor to Left For Dead.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well if Valve aren't going to make L4D3 I'll check this out.

The name though, ehh. B4B.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, why did Evolve fail?

I LOVED L4D and am absolutely on board!

Better concept than execution. In general teams were far more effective than the monsters, and effective monster players lead to very boring matches of nothing really going on until the Monster player evolved enough to begin hitting the group effectively. Plus the ridiculous prices 2K put on the DLC and the overall execution of that aspect of the game harmed any longevity. They attempted to go the F2P route later on to balance that out, but it was too little, too late and still didn't address the issues of engagement in the game itself.

At least that was my recollection, but I didn't stick long with the game. Someone who was involved longer may be able to better explain.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
I'd actually like to see a game that merges Left 4 Dead and Evolve features, at least for the competitive mode.
And no, not the microtransactions.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
making a game announcement with no media, even a logo, seems pretty weird in this day and age

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
List a dozen or hundreds of the titles..
Ok ok, hundreds is obviously an exaggeration. But there are dozens out there at least.

7 Days to Die
Contagion
Codename CURE
Dead Effect 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
How to Survive
Killing Floor
Killing Floor 2
No More Room In Hell
Project Zomboid
Resident evil 5 and 6
The Forest
Umbrella Corps
Zombie Army Trilogy

Oct 26, 2017
Ok ok, hundreds is obviously an exaggeration. But there are dozens out there at least.

7 Days to Die
Contagion
Codename CURE
Dead Effect 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
How to Survive
Killing Floor
Killing Floor 2
No More Room In Hell
Project Zomboid
Resident evil 5 and 6
The Forest
Umbrella Corps
Zombie Army Trilogy
Uhh most if these aren't similar titles... They aren't coop games!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

7 Days to Die
Contagion
Codename CURE
Dead Effect 2
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Dead Rising 3
Dying Light
How to Survive
Killing Floor
Killing Floor 2
No More Room In Hell
Project Zomboid
Resident evil 5 and 6
The Forest
Umbrella Corps
Zombie Army Trilogy

Those are similar games? Lol did you just google zombie games and list them? Most of them are nothing like L4D.

Oct 26, 2017
Read my first post. They're not the same games, sure, but all have the characteristics I mentioned.

This one?

FPS.. co-op.. zombies.. multiplayer...

As I said, most of the games you posted aren't even in the game genre, coop shooter.

The Forest is mostly single player survival game.
Project Zomboid isn't even a first person, or a shooter in the first place!
Dead Island/Dying Light games are story based single player campaigns with some coop on the side. They don't even focus on shooting part.
Dead Rising 3 is the same.
RE5/RE6 aren't FPS, are story based, and in realty plays totally different to L4D.
etc

Even games like Killing Floor that ARE technically coop shooters, play pretty differently to L4D.

Payday 2 is more similar to L4D that most games you have mentioned, lol.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Left 4 Dead is the only game I've bothered using a mic for in online coop. You genuinely need to work together or you aren't going to make it.

I absolutely adore it, thank god someone who isn't Valve is reviving the genre.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
As a huge fan of Evolve, I'm very happy that these guys are going to work on a large scale project. I wish them nothing but success and I look forward to supporting them if\when the game is ready to go.

Go get em Turtle Rock.