• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017

Reminds me of a quetzalcoatlus:

xau7b.jpg

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's as good as the first. Despite the tragic decision of casting cardboard as the main character, it was the perfect Godzilla movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if it was a controlled leak to test the design or a purposeful troll to make the public THINK that's what Ghidorah is gonna look like.

Hmm.

And man, rewatching that G'14 clip. Fucking loved so much of that film. Too bad people are hung up on the characters which I actually thought were fine. Between the Monarch agents and Ford (military kid) and Olsen, I thought they had well defined motives and were perfectly fine. Not "perfect", mind you. But not bad either. Just "fine" and that's ok. They weren't G'98 bad and that alone should be commended lol. Hell, despite what everyone thinks, I even thought it was refreshing having that kind of main character represented in a Godzilla film and giving us those kinds of "on the frontline" shots.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Godzilla 2014 more than skull island. I still don't believe that they'll be able to make Kong large enough to fight him once that movie arrives. That being said, i also preferred the human elements in Godzilla to what they had in skull island. Disappointed to hear they're going in that direction

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
The piano notes made that scene.

Yep.. pure perfection.. now that I'm remembering the movie, it just pisses me off that if they had better, more interesting characters, more emotions and not so many cutaways from the monster battles, the movie could have been fantastic.. I love how they showed sized of the monsters by using shots from below, from pretty much the human perspective in the streets.. and the H.A.L.O. jump scene with the music from 2001: A Space Odyssey, it was another great shot scene in the movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZJiBZtahk

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Found Godzilla 2014 incredibly boring even on a recent re-watch. Really hope this deliver. Skull Island was decent.

Shin Godzilla is still the recent Godzilla movie to beat.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I liked Godzilla and Skull Island despite there problems, they had their moments.

As long as they show the monster fights in full this time, which is all we really want, it should make for a fun time at the movies.

Oct 25, 2017
Spindly flamingo legs, wing walking like a Jurassic Park Pteranodon and not a giant dragon from outer space, it's further from the OG monster than Zilla was to Godzilla

I think the legs are the only actual thing to nitpick here. The 'pteradon wings' are just how wings work. I can't think of a dragon in any movie that has different wings. If it doesn't have arms the wings become the arms.

Examples:

That's all they're doing here.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with the top half it's just those stork legs are terrible, and I'm so sick of Hollywood Giant Monsters having them.

We've already seen it with Cloverfield, Godzilla 2014 and I'd rather not have it for a third time.

latest

Hopefully, it's part of Lucifer like they said or an early prototype like this Godzilla statue that they had at the 2013 Comic Con.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe this movie is still a year away. I think having a test screening this early is interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's another person on Reddit who claims to been in the screening.
Saw 40 minutes of Godzilla 2 (self.movies)

And it was really nice. It's really atmospheric, but I liked that even though I feel the movie is going to be long( not like the first, but still long) that it was going fast. There are many plotlines they started in the first 20 minutes. I can't say much, because of embargo, but can say that I'm really satisfied with the route they went. Acting and cinematography are really nice and even though the effects were not finished and some not even half-finished it looked really great. We are introduced to a family and the acting by every single one of them especially Vera Farmiga was great. It feels like continuation to the first and there are a lot of new characters introduced in the first 20 minutes. I think there was a cut in these 40 minutes like 15 minutes before it finished where I felt was the middle of the movie. O'Shea Jackson was good and I think you are going to like how much of the other creatures you are going to see in this movie :)(especially Godzilla). For what I saw I'm very pleased and can honestly say it will probably be the most original from this universe and loved every single casting.
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/82qn6a/saw_40_minutes_of_godzilla_2/

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they updated/modified this Godzilla's look any?

I'm not talking full re-design, but maybe a few design tweaks here and there.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a misfire where they actually attempted to do something like in Godzilla versus that boring shitshow Kong.

That gas mask scene with Tom Hiddleston from Kong is burned in my brain as the dumbest, most out of place and tryhard moment in a movie in a long time

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I liked Godzilla somewhat but it didn't have enough Godzilla.

Thought Skull Island was a blast. If this is more like that I'll be happy.

Oct 25, 2017
ADI is claiming the concept is from a scrapped movie called Lucifer. Not Godzilla.

"The three headed, two winged, double tailed, two legged dragon you saw in the video that looks like King Ghidorah is completely coincidental and definitely not related to any Godzilla movie we're working on right now. But we still took the video down just...because reasons."

Uuuuhhh huh.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla > Kong

I'll never forgive Kong for killing off the Japanese soldier offscreen and replacing him with a Chinese scientist who could barely speak English and had nothing to offer except to attract the Chinese market.

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla > Kong

I'll never forgive Kong for killing off the Japanese soldier offscreen and replacing him with a Chinese scientist who could barely speak English and had nothing to offer except to attract the Chinese market.

Fuck that movie for trying to make us give a toss about Hiddleston and Larson when we could have the two WWII vets bickering like an old married couple and wrecking shit.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Godzilla '14 was far, far better than Skull Island. Skull Island was a super forgettable popcorn flick. Not awful, just...meh.

Godzilla '14 wasn't perfect by any means, but it felt more ambitious and interesting.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Godzilla '14 was far, far better than Skull Island. Skull Island was a super forgettable popcorn flick. Not awful, just...meh.

Godzilla '14 wasn't perfect by any means, but it felt more ambitious and interesting.
This. Skull Island had some memorable moments and some cool fights, but overall it felt so by-the-numbers and derivative, and the pacing was so fast that a lot of scenes just felt jarring in how the movie races through introductory scenes and whatnot

Godzilla '14 could have used a good mid-movie monster fight to improve its pacing but its human-level view of the monsters imbued the movie with a real sense of scale and menace, it had some grimly beautiful scenes, and the monster fights had a weight to them that Skull Island lacked.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love 2014 Godzilla, that being said I also fucking loved Skull Island. So im good either way.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
2014 godzilla was pretty shit if i remember correctly
kong skull island was pretty good
glad to hear it's closer to kong skull island

hopefully it'll be as good as shin gojira :P

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this. It's pretty good. I wouldn't really compare it to Kong at all other than like Kong it's better than '14. It's definitely better than Kong too imo. I disagree that the humans are paper thin, they're much better than those movies too. Could still be better of course, and they have reshoots coming up so I am sure that's where the focus of them will be.

Ken Watanabe has the best scene. Millie Bobbie Brown is awful. Charles Dance is wasted. Almost every line out of Bradley Whitford's mouth is hilarious.

All of the fights are great, even with unfinished effects. And there are a ton of them. The final kill is awesome.

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this. It's pretty good. I wouldn't really compare it to Kong at all other than like Kong it's better than '14. It's definitely better than Kong too imo. I disagree that the humans are paper thin, they're much better than those movies too. Could still be better of course, and they have reshoots coming up so I am sure that's where the focus of them will be.

Ken Watanabe has the best scene. Millie Bobbie Brown is awful. Charles Dance is wasted. Almost every line out of Bradley Whitford's mouth is hilarious.

All of the fights are great, even with unfinished effects. And there are a ton of them. The final kill is awesome.

This is fake, or at best outdated. He doesn't look like this in the movie. He looks great. Don't worry.

I think Rodan is the only one that looks weird right now.

nice la
how does it fare against shin gojira? :P

passepied joe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is fake, or at best outdated. He doesn't look like this in the movie. He looks great. Don't worry.

That's good to hear, thanks for posting.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
WB Exec: Test audiences don't think the characters say enough quips, we need t-
Assistant: He's already in the lobby, sir
22-joss-whedon.w600.h315.2x.jpg

Thanks for the impressions!

Does Kyle Chandler have any solid material to work with? He's a pro