• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Something I'm remembering is that there was a school in Pakistan that was attacked directly by terrorists a few years ago and it was a shocking, heinous act.

Over here in the good ol' US, in 2019? Every other day.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Powerful and depressing.

A little confused by the end message saying to look out for signs of a school shooting. Sandy Hook had no signs. Guy didn't go to the school and I thought he used his mom's guns. The issue is guns, plain and simple.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If a bunch of minorities, leftists and women armed themselves, things would change quickly. Unfortunately many refuse to out of principle.
It's not just principle. It's that we up our chances of being murdered simply by being armed. Cops and racists would have a field day. I want things to change, but I don't love this country enough to lay down my life for it.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
The ad is great, simple but powerful, but it's also a little too much. Hopefully kids don't see this and have nightmares about going to school.

And no, I'm not saying that guns should be kept or schools are super safe, I'm just saying that the ad went a little too far.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I have no fucking idea how people can act as though it's okay that this kind of thing happens because "it's rare" or some shit like that. Just in the past week in Oklahoma we've had multiple people threaten to shoot up schools and somehow that doesn't fucking matter to gun nuts. They actually value owning weapons over their own children and I have no fucking idea how anyone could have that mentality or how anyone could see this kind of thing and think it's okay.

Also: To those saying the ad went a little too far, I honestly can't agree. You need to be shocking and not hold back, otherwise people will ignore it and downplay it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
What has been the response from Fox News yet? I expect segments tonight to talk about how this commercial "pushes an agenda" and various other biases.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
The ad is great, simple but powerful, but it's also a little too much. Hopefully kids don't see this and have nightmares about going to school.

And no, I'm not saying that guns should be kept or schools are super safe, I'm just saying that the ad went a little too far.

I'm not sure it's too much. We have a real, massive fucking problem. If parents see it, hopefully it wakes up the ones that are somehow not passionate enough about the issue. If children see it, hopefully they convince the hell out of their parents that something needs to be done immediately. The fact that this has gone on as long as it has is a big flashing red light about the leadership of the country as well as ourselves for continuing to allow the lack of meaningful action. This stuff is so painful to see, and children, of all our members of society, should not have to shoulder this kind of fear.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not even from the US and this got me livid. You know the situation is fucked when you have to air these kind of "commercials".

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017

I actually think it didn't go far enough. It is very good though.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sure, should be. Obviously.

Still I'm not going to scaremonger my kids with this bullshit either.

Or you could educate your children on a real threat in modern-day America as opposed to letting TV and movies do your job for you, but you do you.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
David Cross had the best standup bit about how truly soulless the GOP is with this stuff. If one of their kids died as a result of a mass shooting, they would shove their bodies down a drain and get right back to helping out the NRA.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing with this video is I feel like its only going to effect the people who were already in the camp of lets fucking do something about guns. No amount of sad stories or horrible imagery is going to get between politicians and their NRA blood money.