• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand how do developers miss these kinds of issues.
This is a game with hundreds of thousands of lines of code and individual moving parts. That this extremely specific issue can crop up on a very specific version of the game is really unfortunate but I would think it's understandable. It's possible this just didn't crop up in their testing.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
So much to do in this game I didn't even know all star mode was a thing and I've already played over 100 hours

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ok I won't play All Star mode.
Btw, what's All Star mode?? It must be well buried in the confusing menus because this is literally the first time I've ever heard of it!
Hopefully i wasn't missing something cool.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I hear that If you play a 3 stock battle as Pirahna Plant and hit start exactly at midnight you'll be cursed.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Imagine if they release home run smash in all star mode?
Everyone using pirhana do play this lol

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Little help here, Smash Era? Please?
If I were you, I wouldn't open the game until a new patch. That's the "safest" thing you can do. But no one knows if it will actually help, or if you've been affected by the bug in the first place. :(
I haven't seen a shred of evidence showing any reproducible bug in All-Star Mode. Really wouldn't let a rumor get in the way of enjoying the game. Back up your save if you have an online subscription and turn off auto-backup for it.

You can choose not to believe this person, of course, but don't go around telling people to just yolo it because there are a LOT of reports of this.

There were people who also treated the Pokémon X and Y save bug in the main city as a stupid rumour. It wasn't. But this is even worse than that since it apparently completely destroys your save and it's overwriten by a new one, no way for the save to get fixed like it was with the Pokémon patch.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Puh, thanks for the heads up. And yeah, won't use Piranha until it was patched.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Well, that's not good for my anxiety. But it would be the perfect end to what was genuinely kind of a shitty day for me.

I imagine you have cloud saves option turned on? So you're safe, just disable the auto backup now so you don't risk the corrupted file overwriting the cloud saved one (if that's even possible anyway)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Man I almost played All-Stars with Piranha Plant, right after beating his arcade route..

Thanks for the PSA thread.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

・You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
Select the Spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO'd.

・The below Spirits will now appear in the Shop.
・Partner Pikachu
・Partner Eevee
・Dice Block
・River Survival
・Golden Dash Mushroom

・Adjusted the calculation method for Global Smash Power.
*Online play requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.

GENERAL
・Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant.
*Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
・Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to Short Hop.
・Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates' KOs when Team Attack was On.
・Game-balance adjustments. You can see which fighters had specific adjustments on the official website.
・Various gameplay fixes.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Also, whats a Spirit Board? I've literally only been playing single player on repeat to unlock characters, haven't even bothered with World of Light yet.

Spirits can be used like equips that gives you bonus. World of Light is a mode where you walk on a board awakening fighters and opening paths fighting spirits. Spirit Board is a random selection of spirits (some exclusive to this mode) that you can fight to unlock and use in other modes like world of light or even regular smash battles if you set spirits on.

each spirit fight is like an event battle from older games, but with references to the character the spirit is representing

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Haha I played through All Star mode last night with P.Plant, first thing I did.

My save file is fine.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this is funny. Play as the menacing plant and it snatches up your save file.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Good to know, but never would've ran into this problem.

Because All-Star mode is ass now.