• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Really doubt theres some sort of conspiracy to silence her, shes just 1 of many that have spoken out, silencing her would do nothing.

Gorgamel

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that sends the right message to women out there. And to think some people have issues thinking that police could be tone-deaf sometimes.

Good to know that police have their priorities in place. After all, we need to get every drug possessor of the streets! There could be one near you, right now!

I am not implying that this is a conspiracy by the police to silence rape victims. I am merely pointing out, that the police may be tone deaf as to how this appears, and that there must be other priorities regarding crime solving/prevention than going after an actress that had drugs on her.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
As powerful as Weinstein is in Hollywood I doubt he has connections with the VA DA's office.

Why do actors/actresses/musicians take drugs on planes? You can score in any city you go to, and it's not even hard.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
What freemason shit?

tenor.gif

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/925055166176530432

http://people.com/crime/rose-mcgowan-arrest-warrant-drug-charge/

Talk about going after the innocent. She got busted back in February for some drug possession, but police waited until after she spoke up about being raped before they issued an arrest warrant.

Literally not innocent if she got busted back in January for possible drug charges, PLUS the warrant was issued back on February 1st long before she spoke out against Weinstein. This is her trying to get the DA to drop the charges against her by using her current fame, nothing wrong with that, but people should be smarter and more aware of how they are being used by celebs.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She would not be the first celebrity to ignore official requests for questioning and then end up with a warrant. Or normal person either. Some like to pretend it will go away if they do nothing, which obviously is wrong. I doubt there is any connection whatsoever to the Weinstein case.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hollywood Duo really missing the mark there.

While I do think that the drug laws need to change in America, such as not being criminalized and focusing more on rehab, I don't believe that celebrities should be getting away with shit anymore.

Oct 25, 2017

Talk about going after the innocent. She got busted back in February for some drug possession, but police waited until after she spoke up about being raped before they issued an arrest warrant.

Your second link says the warrant was issued on February 1. It's one thing for commenters to not read posted links, it's quite another for the op not to read their own links and misrepresent facts, particularly in the manner you have, which essentially frames the story in a wholly disingenous, conspiracy minded manner. You should strive harder to be more subtle in your methods.

Oct 26, 2017
I have valium pretty frequently on long flights so I get the motivation - but then if I'm flying somewhere that it's illegal I don't even bring any. Too much risk. Weird that the story states that they found traces of narcotics on things she left behind on the plane? As in the rubbish or blanket wot. Maybe she wiped her nose on the blanket.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7430

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad couple months for Rose. Jeez.

I don't mean to be rude but please no one listen to this poster. Do not ever take drugs on a plane.

Once saw a teenager stuck in an airtube at San Francisco Airport, and they shot air up his clothes and knocked his keys, wallet, and drugs out of his pocket. Don't take drugs on airplanes.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, OP should have read a bit closer, but that's a bit harsh, no?

Well, it's either a question of poor reading comprehension or having some other motivation. Reading your own links before making an assertion seems like the minimum for an opening post. It was paragraph two in a people.com article, at what, a second grade reading level? Should we not strive for higher standards than that, particularly when the entirety of the opening post is to allege something which is immediately disproven in paragraph two of the provided link? Thus setting the thread off potentially down untruthful paths? And that is the charitable reading of the op!

OP
OP

Deleted member 7430

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your second link says the warrant was issued on February 1. It's one thing for commenters to not read posted links, it's quite another for the op not to read their own links and misrepresent facts, particularly in the manner you have, which essentially frames the story in a wholly disingenous, conspiracy minded manner. You should strive harder to be more subtle in your methods.

What method? I said February. She says in her twitter account it's an attempt to silence her. I believe her, imo. Why would they wait so long?

Oct 25, 2017
What method? I said February. She says in her twitter account it's an attempt to silence her. I believe her, imo. Why would they wait so long?

No:

The second part of your op is factually incorrect. The arrest warrant per your link was issued feb 1, which was well before the Weinstein blow up.

Warrants like these just sit in computer systems if the defendant isn't immediately picked up, which Is what happened here, since she did not apparently return to Virginia via air. This is a low level drug charge, of which there are probably thousands of open warrants for in Virginia right now.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Removed... speculation.

Edit: So, from what I'm reading this is now getting attention because the warrant was recently logged in the National Warrant DB, even though it was issued way back in February. I have no idea what the process\policy is for warrants being entered into the National Warrant DB, so I still can't speak to if this is timely to her speaking out against Weinstein\Affleck.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'd much rather her take responsibility for her actions, whether admitting guilt or fighting the charge like any normal citizen would be required to, and then continue the fight against scumbags in Hollywood. Blaming others for your mistakes seems to be much easier though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7430

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No:

The second part of your op is factually incorrect. The arrest warrant per your link was issued feb 1, which was well before the Weinstein blow up.

Warrants like these just sit in computer systems if the defendant isn't immediately picked up, which Is what happened here, since she did not apparently return to Virginia via air. This is a low level drug charge, of which there are probably thousands of open warrants for in Virginia right now.

She connected the two in her twitter post. But there, my initial post has been corrected. It is not my intention to mislead.