• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She connected the two in her twitter post. But there, my initial post has been corrected. It is not my intention to mislead.

She's done good things in terms of bringing harassment to light more than it had been, but she's hardly an impartial observer in this case. I'm not sure why we should feel sympathy for her for just ignoring her previous warrant and then getting upset when she's held accountable for it.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/925055166176530432

http://people.com/crime/rose-mcgowan-arrest-warrant-drug-charge/

Edit: She got busted back in January for some drug possession, local warrant issued in February, but now the local warrant is a federal warrant.

Whether there's a connection to people trying to silence her, some below say no. I find it hard to believe as the warrant got switched 9 months later. Why now?

Where is it stated that a federal court has issued an arrest warrant? It's the same outstanding county warrant. Also, a county warrant doesn't "switch" to a federal warrant - a new warrant would be issued.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warrants are warrants. Do something wrong, ya know something is gonna happen.

Not everything is somebody else's fault or some massive conspiracy

OP
OP

Deleted member 7430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the implication here that the warrant is bogus despite being issued in February?

"Harvey Weinstein had a secret list of nearly 100 names targeted by the ousted Hollywood mogul to uncover information on sexual misconduct allegations against him, according to reports from The Guardian.

The Guardian obtained the document, which lists 91 actors, producers, publicists, financiers and other industry workers, was reportedly drafted by Weinstein, himself. The list was drawn up with the alleged intention of prevent accusers from going public.

The document was drawn up earlier this year, months before the New York Times expose which first brought the allegations against Weinstein to light."

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017

I am aware of that article, but this thread is about criminal charges in February and the subsequent arrest warrant - which Rose McGowan has pled not guilty to - being part of Weinstein's effort to silence his victims. I am asking specifically whether the implication being made here is that Weinstein influenced the district attorney's office of the county to file false drug possession charges in February.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's not about silencing her, it's about punishment. The message is "You can try to take me down, but you're coming with me."

If Weinstein makes an example of any accusers that speak up, fewer will be inclined to join them.

Oct 25, 2017
So a pi ran the databases and found an active warrant for her and tried to get the warrant executed? Had she been pulled over in VA or had her license run in VA but law enforcement she would have been arrested as well.

Next up, Weinsteins goon followed her to that airport, got through security, lifted her wallet after checking in at the airport and planted it with coke on the plane. Or his goons knew she dropped her wallet and had someone at the station plant Coke in it before it was inventoried. Or paid off the inventory clerk to plant the coke.