• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it current staffers who said this? Is their motivation Warren's best interest? honestly. All campaigns have leaks that serve as anonymous sources; there are people like this in Bernie's campaign, Biden's. That's how these news people get their information.
Right but these leaks are controlled by the campaign outside of the occasional hostile leak.
You are asking her to lie for Bernie, why should she do that?
I'm not asking her to do anything. Read the rest of the posts for context.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm fucked. These are my choices lmao. Okay just lemme know who wins the primary. Might have to go vote in the primary....

As a Black man I just glad I got to see the first Black President in history who was also my commencement speaker.

I will probably never again have a viable candidate I identify with.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Right but these leaks are controlled by the campaign outside of the occasional hostile leak.

I'm not asking her to do anything. Read the rest of the posts for context.

That's a very generous view of a news cycle and political system that's rife with people acting in self interest and also having an unfortunately novice view of matters they really should be more aware of

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Reminder. Both are our best candidates regarding the policies they promote. Since they don't seem to be defending each other anymore we need to defend them both. DONT TAKE SIDES ON THIS ONE. have an opinion that's fine, but don't tear either one down. That's my stance and I want to promote this idea.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very generous view of a news cycle and political system that's rife with people acting in self interest and also having an unfortunately novice view of matters they really should be more aware of
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that four low level, inexperienced (ex?)staffers heard about this exchange and decided to go to the media in order to smear Sanders right before a big debate?

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that four low level, inexperienced (ex?)staffers heard about this exchange and decided to go to the media in order to smear Sanders right before a big debate?

I'm saying that there's a number of possibilities and that campaigns are not as tightly "secure" as the post of yours I was replying to made it out to be.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Honestly I'm also kinda sad to see this rift happen between the two of them. They seemed like such good friends.

But oh well, they're both still great.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Either she has mastered an undetectably fake double take, or he said that shit.
Since Sanders has publically denied having said that before, independent of if the statement is true or not*, I am pretty sure Warren was not legitimately surprised by him saying he did not say it: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bern...ren-woman-cant-win_n_5e1cb47bc5b650c621e32798

* and to be fair, I have little doubt he hasn't said that. Not because I am a Sanders supporter (which I am), but because such a statement would make little sense, both with Clinton almost winning few years ago and such a statement being in no way beneficial to Sanders, because he can hardly think she would drop out just because of him making such a prediction.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Lol give me a fucking break. Still prefer bernie but would vote for liz no problem. Fuck this mudslinging nonsense

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Biden is like:

tenor.gif

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its not even the worst part

By engaging in this stupidity they have made it the only thing they will ever be asked about as long as the media considers it prudent to do so

They are going to have to explain the details of this feud a thousand times over

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying it here for years that Liz sucks. She's shockingly unpopular in her home state, she won't win the MA primary.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, the idea that Warren would engineer this "leak" and lie about it to reinvigorate her campaign also has another problem with it; namely, the fact that women talking about issues of sexism almost always involve a great deal of backlash that typically backfired on said woman, and also that Warren, who has experienced sexual harassment, isn't smart enough to realize that. it relies on ignorance of women's issues, the outdated notion that it was all for attention, and for Warren herself to be ignorant of her own challenges and difficulties she's faced.

uh, it came from her campaign.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Eh i believe her side of it. So if this really is some type of snub or whatever I don't blame her.

Also reading these past Bernie Warren threads over the last 3 days is something else. Apparently she's a vile evil women etc. And that it's pretty much impossible for Bernie to have said something that tonedeaf, which is laughable.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
It doesn't look like Warren refused to shake his hand, more like didn't notice. The exchange itself does look heated though

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Why are so many shitting on Warren over this? Bernie seemingly lied about something and obviously Warren was upset about it.

Is Warren supposed to be "the bigger man" and forget about it? Maybe Sanders should own up to his mistake.

Elizabeth could very well be lying, but Sanders has a history of shit throwing and fucking things up.

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
The silver lining is, if the democratic party loses again, at least it will provide ample time to reflect on what flaws within the party can be improved in order to come back stronger than ever the next time around.

giphy.gif

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I think the conversation was way more nuanced than Bernie alleging that a "woman can't be president", and I don't really think it was mansplaining for him to respond to an impugning of his character. Perhaps she saw it differently and that is totally fair as well. Things get mixed up in communication, and in competition, things that are inherently touchy subjects can be exacerbated. I just find it hard to believe that he would be so foolish as to say something like this, and I don't think he believes that based on everything I perceive that he stands for (at least based on public statements/writings).

It sucks that this is going to definitely take up a lot of the talk on these two going into the first caucuses.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gonna side with Bernie in this whole ordeal. I seriously doubt Warren is the type of person to have such a comment flinged at them and let it slide for over a year while also propping up her primary opponent, and I also doubt Sanders is the type of person to give a fuck about Gender, just that they are a strong enough opponent to face Trump and slowly fix the country. Right now its looking to me like Warren saw the opportunity in this smear campaign to get one over Bernie and chose personal ambitions over country and a united front, and right now that is the thing we need the least of going into the Democratic primaries.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I think the conversation was way more nuanced than Bernie alleging that a "woman can't be president", and I don't really think it was mansplaining for him to respond to an impugning of his character. Perhaps she saw it differently and that is totally fair as well. Things get mixed up in communication, and in competition, things that are inherently touchy subjects can be exacerbated. I just find it hard to believe that he would be so foolish as to say something like this, and I don't think he believes that based on everything I perceive that he stands for (at least based on public statements/writings).

It sucks that this is going to definitely take up a lot of the talk on these two going into the first caucuses.

Bernie isn't sexist he just understands... like most of us do that a significant part of our country, culture, and voting block still is

Maybe it was fruitless to even bring it up. Its not like Warren needed a fucking reminder especially after how things went down with Hillary

So yeah at worst Bernie is just fumbling with a sensitive topic but I am firmly rooted in believing that the entire democratic field understands and is on the right side of this shit morally

This mudslinging over gaffes and misunderstandings is just weaponizing shit that isn't fucking important. Its a media driven circus

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never said it didn't come from people in her campaign

if campaign staff leak withiut authorization, a candidate says so and fires them, especially after previously insisting that the conversation should stay private. those things haven't happened. Acting like Warren herself had nothing to do with this, especially right after the volunteer script "controversy" and on the eve of this debate, is pretty naive.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My family is drowning in medical debt after two unexpected deaths in the family, my mother in law took a job at Walmart to get some health coverage after her husbands job got converted to a full time contractor position (in order to cut costs on benefits), none of my nieces or nephews will be attending college due to their parents still struggling with their own student loans, my own child is named after a friend who died in Iraq fighting a war that officially was completely pointless (that Biden voted for... and Warren just voted to increase Trump's military budget emboldening him on this senseless confrontation with Iran).

Look if you have some cushy corporate job with great health insurance and the idea of another war in the Middle East is just some abstract concept to you, then I get it how "Gee a woman could be VP in the White House!" is enough, but it's not for me. This shit is personal in a thousand ways.

This election is life or death for a lot of people in this country. And those people are NOT going to show up for Joe "return to normalcy" Biden in the general. They just won't.
Then tell them to vote in the primaries. Whoever wins the primary fair and square is who we vote for to defeat Trump. If Biden wins the nomination that means the base of the party wanted Joe, not Bernie.

Wanna know what the difference between racist MAGA fans are and you if you don't vote for the Democrat in the general?

NOTHING.

The blood of the children who will die in camps at the border in a Trump second term will be on your hands. Abortion rights being destroyed because Trump gets to replace RBG will your fault. And you will have to live with that shame and blame the rest of your life. Think about that.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
if campaign staff leak withiut authorization, a candidate says so and fires them. those things haven't happened. Acting like Warren herself had nothing to do with this, especially right after the volunterr script "controversy" and on the eve of this debate, is pretty naive.

And how would we be privvy to the particulars of this? If it happened it most certainly happened quietly I would think.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I really hope Biden winning won't be the excuse people use as to why they didn't vote dem
It definitely will. Biden is going to get the nom, and Trump is going to crush him. Democrats will never learn, and in 4 years, they'll pull the same shit trying to run corporate moderates again, and get crushed, again. This country is too stupid to elect anybody who will actually make things better. I hope you're all prepared for Republican fascism for the rest of your lives.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god for post histories. Helps reveal how utterly disingenuous you're being right now. Months ago you were arguing nothing would be different in America if Hillary had won instead of Donald Trump. After that, you encouraged others to vote third party against the Democrats, as you plan to do if Tulsi goes independent. You've stated that the DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia. Before that? You've stated Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election and that MSNBC are the real enemies.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
So MrGerbils is a Republican masquerading as a progressive? What a shock.

Nov 21, 2017
And how would we be privvy to the particulars of this? If it happened it most certainly happened quietly I would think.

Staff is fired publicly all the time, especially when someone needs to take a fall.

Also, there are tons of reporters flying around these campaigns like flies. They'd know if someone was let go. And they would connect the dots. Especially with this being such a 'big' story.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
It definitely will. Biden is going to get the nom, and Trump is going to crush him. Democrats will never learn, and in 4 years, they'll pull the same shit trying to run corporate moderates again, and get crushed, again. This country is too stupid to elect anybody who will actually make things better. I hope you're all prepared for Republican fascism for the rest of your lives.

This sadly seems to be the case.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh i believe her side of it. So if this really is some type of snub or whatever I don't blame her.

Also reading these past Bernie Warren threads over the last 3 days is something else. Apparently she's a vile evil women etc. And that it's pretty much impossible for Bernie to have said something that tonedeaf, which is laughable.
That's normal for anything related to Bernie, he's never done anything wrong and anyone against him is the worst.
Why are so many shitting on Warren over this? Bernie seemingly lied about something and obviously Warren was upset about it.

Is Warren supposed to be "the bigger man" and forget about it? Maybe Sanders should own up to his mistake.

Elizabeth could very well be lying, but Sanders has a history of shit throwing and fucking things up.
Sanders will never own up to his mistakes and that's why he's a bad candidate and will lose, he was never going to win even if some wanna blindly follow him.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

it would not. If this was some rogue leak the campaign would have said so, distanced itself, and said so publicly. Instead they're doubling down and Essentially calling Sandere a liar. Nothing about how this has played out is consistent with your unauthorized leaker theory.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Staff is fired publicly all the time, especially when someone needs to take a fall.

Also, there are tons of reporters flying around these campaigns like flies. They'd know if someone was let go. And they would connect the dots. Especially with this being such a 'big' story.

i am very tired and have not slept tonight so I can only say that you've given me something to think about

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine thinking that any part of this shit is more important than what either of these candidates could do to benefit this country while in office

This whole thing is a fucking embarrassment

And if this is what is moving the needle for you as far as where your vote should go than you should be embarrassed too

Status
Not open for further replies.