• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
And her three-card Monty horseshit on her life story and stated policies is not a red flag for you? And believing Bernie here is somehow the ridiculous thing?

Warren has done more to account for and make amends her mistakes towards native Americans than Bernie's buddy Cenk "My news organization is still named after a group who committed the genocide I used to deny" Uygur has towards Armenians, that's for sure.

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably one of the more depressing nights of my life. I hadn't felt hopeful about politics since Obama's initial campaign and victory. But now this shit is truly destructive and revealing of the depth of the rot within the establishment of the Democratic Party.

This "blue no matter who" shit is a dead end, and it will cost you the general election. You can't ignore Sanders passionate base or his crossover appeal in critical places like the rust belt.
Thank god for post histories. Helps reveal how utterly disingenuous you're being right now. Months ago you were arguing nothing would be different in America if Hillary had won instead of Donald Trump. After that, you encouraged others to vote third party against the Democrats, as you plan to do if Tulsi goes independent. You've stated that the DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia. Before that? You've stated Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election and that MSNBC are the real enemies.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Warren has done more to account for and make amends her mistakes towards native Americans than Bernie's buddy Cenk "My news organization is still named after a group who committed the genocide I used to deny" Uygur has towards Armenians, that's for sure.

This isn't getting into how toxic his staff are, either. I don't see anyone on Warren's payroll like Weaver, Sirota or Nina Turner.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Thank god for post histories. Helps reveal how utterly disingenuous you're being right now. Months ago you were arguing nothing would be different in America if Hillary had won instead of Donald Trump. After that, you encouraged others to vote third party against the Democrats, as you plan to do if Tulsi goes independent. You've stated that the DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia. Before that? You've stated Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election and that MSNBC are the real enemies.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
469.gif

Nov 11, 2017

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
Holy shit, wrecked.

May 26, 2018
this is literally the dividing 2016 2.0 nonsense everyone minus Sanders and Warren have been praying to God for and trying to initiate since those two entered the race.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
Oh so maybe we are being gaslighted after all. Interesting.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders and Warren want to move past this, but their supporters are keeping it going. How important a candidate are they to you if arguing about them is more important than listening to them?

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

Look at them receipts.

Oct 26, 2017
If someone is that selfish I reserve the right to mock them.
Y'know what? Mock away. Dude's an ass. My bad.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
And people who don't vote aren't owed a place in this discussion
people dont [or cant] vote for numerous reasons

raising the level of civic engagement is the only way to a democratic and hopefully leftist future, dismissing all of those folks as useless is just going is only hurting your own base

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I missed it, but where is it confirmed Warren herself actually wanted this info out in the media?

Because that's definitely not the sense I got from her direct response yesterday or from the debate tonight.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

raising the level of civic engagement is the only way to a democratic and hopefully leftist future, dismissing all of those folks as useless is just going is only hurting your own base

People have tried, nothing works. The leftist future they want isn't going to get here any sooner by not voting. It's easier to get there under a Democratic administration than a Republican one.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're sincere about that then I'd suggest taking a break from politics for awhile. Really.

This isn't some establishment thing, progressives are more than willing to fight amongst themselves. It will be moved on from in time and in the big picture this incident is ultimately small potatoes.

Refusing to do everything you can to make sure Trump and Republicans lose is not, however. That includes voting. The future of our democracy literally depends on the upcoming election.

My family is drowning in medical debt after two unexpected deaths in the family, my mother in law took a job at Walmart to get some health coverage after her husbands job got converted to a full time contractor position (in order to cut costs on benefits), none of my nieces or nephews will be attending college due to their parents still struggling with their own student loans, my own child is named after a friend who died in Iraq fighting a war that officially was completely pointless (that Biden voted for... and Warren just voted to increase Trump's military budget emboldening him on this senseless confrontation with Iran).

Look if you have some cushy corporate job with great health insurance and the idea of another war in the Middle East is just some abstract concept to you, then I get it how "Gee a woman could be VP in the White House!" is enough, but it's not for me. This shit is personal in a thousand ways.

This election is life or death for a lot of people in this country. And those people are NOT going to show up for Joe "return to normalcy" Biden in the general. They just won't.

So a vote for anyone but Bernie in the primary is a vote for folks like me and my family to stay home in the general.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

I'm not talking about poor black folks living in areas where their local politicians have gone out of their way to make it a massive hurdle for them to vote, or even make it to polling stations.

Most here on this forum are well off enough that voting is not a difficult thing to do.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why we're supposed to care about this shit. I have no way of knowing who's telling the truth or if they're both slightly misremembering shit. Warren seems to believe her stance, Bernie seems to believe his, I don't think either of them are outright liars, well, anymore than any other politician.

I'm not even convinced it would have been a sexist comment to say if you didn't think a woman could win against Trump. As I said in the other thread I don't think a Muslim-American could win in this climate and I don't mean that as a knock against any Muslim, I mean the electorate are racist, prejudiced fucks and I can't imagine enough people willing to vote for a Muslim right now. I still have no historical evidence a woman can actually win the electoral college, so long as that stands winning the popular vote just means we're close not that it's de facto possible a woman can win the Presidency in todays' America. Of course, as with all things like this you're right until the day you're wrong, I'm sure most people were feeling pretty iffy as to whether enough people would vote for a black President until Obama was elected. Of course I understand the problem with telling people shit's not possible and never upsetting the status quo, someone will be the first female President but you'd never get to that day without actual running female candidates and no higher power's going to come down and tell you when the first time is going to be in advance.

So I really can't be too invested in a comment that I'm not even sure has malicious sexist intent to begin with.

But on the flip side, even as a Bernie supporter I wouldn't be too shocked if he wasn't sexist. Championing women's rights or backing female politicians doesn't really mean shit when they're not running against you or for a position above you.

I can't even see how people think either side has killed their own campaign, I don't feel worse about Warren or Bernie over this.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
My family is drowning in medical debt after two unexpected deaths in the family, my mother in law took a job at Walmart to get some health coverage after her husbands job got converted to a full time contractor position (in order to cut costs on benefits), none of my nieces or nephews will be attending college due to their parents still struggling with their own student loans, my own child is named after a friend who died in Iraq fighting a war that officially was completely pointless (that Biden voted for... and Warren just voted to increase Trump's military budget emboldening him on this senseless confrontation with Iran).

Look if you have some cushy corporate job with great health insurance and the idea of another war in the Middle East is just some abstract concept to you, then I get it how "Gee a woman could be VP in the White House!" is enough, but it's not for me. This shit is personal in a thousand ways.

This election is life or death for a lot of people in this country. And those people are NOT going to show up for Joe "return to normalcy" Biden in the general. They just won't.

So a vote for anyone but Bernie in the primary is a vote for folks like me and my family to stay home in the general.

Bernie is not going to fix all that. No president can, congress is where those issues must be focused on.

You can act like a toddler, but he is right. As an outsider I can tell you both parties are trash. Of course the republican party is much worse, but when it comes down to it, Both of them will keep the neoliberal system alive. (Except for Bernie and maybe Warren.)

As an outsider you're missing the context for why the Democrats are doing this. The Democrats didn't create the system, they exist within it and everything is tilted to the right not only from the Founders in its structure but the GOP slowly subverting and making it worse year after year. Dems can't make much progress because they get 4 to 8 years repairing the damage the GOP did then the GOP get elected and the cycle started anew. The ones who want to break the system don't leave so much as a scratch on it.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I know people are not obligated to vote but seriously if you are a minority you should vote this election. Trump and the GOP are hurting us the longer they stay in power.

I get what you're saying but it's time stop putting the onus on minorities. After decades of being lied to and having to toe the line, most are just done with this guilt trip bullshit.

Send it to the white folks who keep fucking us over.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My question is why hasn't she spoken up about this until NOW? It seems like something you would have brought up when this was going on.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
You can act like a toddler, but he is right. As an outsider I can tell you both parties are trash. Of course the republican party is much worse, but when it comes down to it, Both of them will keep the neoliberal system alive. (Except for Bernie and maybe Warren.)
No, I was right to mock him. See quote below.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
Try again.
These candidates are both closer to what both their supporters want than any of the others. I hate primaries.
Absolutely.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
My question is why hasn't she spoken up about this until NOW? It seems like something you would have brought up when this was going on.
Maybe she didn't want it brought up but then got offended the second it was insinuated she was lying? People have shit in their past that they've moved past but gotten angry about once it was denied all the fucking time.
yep. The most Bernie can do is forgive some student loans.
A President Sanders would be able to do a lot about foreign policy.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

I don't think these 'receipts' are the big gotcha everyone is treating them as. If Hillary won, the awful Obama-era foreign policy would continue and America would still be bombing brown people and separating immigrants from families. That's true.

all this user is doing is rightfully criticising certain Democrats but now I suppose ResetERA thinks they're a secret trump supporter. Keep posting your wacky "HMMMMM" gifs by all means.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017

After this right here:

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.
I'm not gonna bother engaging you anymore.

My response still stands for whoever might be lurking that happens to share the same sentiments, though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
She should be firing the people who got her to agree to ride this out. Meanwhile her social media is burning to the ground and #neverwarren is trending on twitter.

#neverwarren is being propped up by bots. Like go through a lot of them and it's obvious. We're for sure going to see stories in a few months about how Russian bots signal boosted these hashtags and then people gleefully played along.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Everything I said holds true for Democrats wanting to win down ballot too. They need me, my family, and my community to show up to vote.

We won't for Biden.

oh so you won't vote for congresspeople who can actually make the changes you want depending on whose signature is used for the approval cause Biden ain't going to veto such legislation that arrives at his desk.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Sanders and Warren want to move past this, but their supporters are keeping it going. How important a candidate are they to you if arguing about them is more important than listening to them?

Look at them receipts.
I'm pretty sure if Warren herself wanted to get passed this, she would have just shook his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.