• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the clip of them answering the question.
She and her campaign seem all over the place, leaking this, then saying to de-escalat While her sticking to her story in the debate.
Fishy AF.

Oct 25, 2017
We're one 86 year old's death away from abortion being banned, voting rights being rolled back, and progressive reform being dead in the water. Who the fuck cares about this.
Fucking seriously. Meanwhile, a single Trump tweet is infinitely more offensive, damaging and reprehensible than whatever the fuck this shit is. Everyone one needs to stay focused.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I don't think these 'receipts' are the big gotcha everyone is treating them as. If Hillary won, the awful Obama-era foreign policy would continue and America would still be bombing brown people and separating immigrants from families. That's true.

all this user is doing is rightfully criticising certain Democrats but now I suppose ResetERA thinks they're a secret trump supporter. Keep posting your wacky "HMMMMM" gifs by all means.

Actually it isn't that secret. They are openly admitting to being a Trump supporter, or at least they will be if Bernie doesn't win.

Not voting against Donald Trump when you have the power to do so IS supporting Donald Trump. And they have said that if Bernie doesn't win the democratic nomination that is exactly what they plan to do.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
"Why didn't she come forward before now?"

Another one from the classic script, thrown out into this Ed's without any awareness whatsoever...

Deleted member 11046

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#neverwarren is being propped up by bots. Like go through a lot of them and it's obvious. We're for sure going to see stories in a few months about how Russian bots signal boosted these hashtags and then people gleefully played along.
I don't understand how it isn't obvious to both diehard Warren and Sanders fans. The bickering is nauseating.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Conspiracy theories, disingenuous commentary.
Thank god for post histories. Helps reveal how utterly disingenuous you're being right now. Months ago you were arguing nothing would be different in America if Hillary had won instead of Donald Trump. After that, you encouraged others to vote third party against the Democrats, as you plan to do if Tulsi goes independent. You've stated that the DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia. Before that? You've stated Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election and that MSNBC are the real enemies.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

I'm sorry what? How do any of your links contradict anything I'm saying here?

Hillary would absolutely have gotten us in to war with Iran even faster (she's said so herself). I will vote third party if Bernie is not the nom (same thing I'm saying in this thread now). The DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia (did you see the same results of the Mueller investigation as I did? And do you see the rigging that's happening again?) MSNBC is terrible (there's huge threads on Bernie and Yang blackouts in the media, MSNBC most notorious of all).

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People aren't obligated to shut up and nod about someone not doing something they're not obligated to do.

tN6GRR9.gif

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Seriously, are people totally blind to context? Bernie ALREADY denied it, are we to buy that she believed he'd go back on it now?

He went back on his truce with Warren so why wouldn't her trust in him be complete? He's not been doing himself any favours lately by pissing off Warren in their encounters.

Hillary would absolutely have gotten us in to war with Iran even faster (she's said so herself). I will vote third party if Bernie is not the nom (same thing I'm saying in this thread now). The DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia (did you see the same results of the Mueller investigation as I did? And do you see the rigging that's happening again?) MSNBC is terrible (there's huge threads on Bernie and Yang blackouts in the media, MSNBC most notorious of all).

Hillary was a supporter of the Iran deal. The DNC aren't rigging anything against Bernie, he'll fail on his own. Let me guess, you think the Young Turks are trustworthy? She wouldn't have nearly got us into a war with North Korea or been their lapdog like Trump is.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
#neverwarren is being propped up by bots. Like go through a lot of them and it's obvious. We're for sure going to see stories in a few months about how Russian bots signal boosted these hashtags and then people gleefully played along.
The same shit really is going to work twice and it's supremely frustrating.

Dec 31, 2017
Progressive wing of the primary playing themselves with this "issue," CNN eating it up, Joe Biden watching. This is a lose lose for both Warren and Bernie and it's extremely frustrating because on Iowa and the first few states are the only real chance they have of breaking away toward the lead. Bernie should have been more level headed and warren should have played it a bit less political, it's clear she is trying to use this to her advantage through vague statements. However it seems like it's just hurting both of them.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Ok so how would she have gotten passed it best?
How about eliminating the need for her to get passed it in the first place. There is nothing of significance to get passed here. It seems pretty clear by the responses from both candidates that the ones who aren't passed it are CNN and people who are easily distracted.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
The DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia (did you see the same results of the Mueller investigation as I did?
Well, I could buy the DNC being a bigger threat to the US than Russia, but between the DNC and the GOP, which is the bigger threat to the United States? That's the real question.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm pretty sure if Warren herself wanted to get passed this, she would have just shook his hand.

Or she could have denied the allegation in the first place, if it was indeed a rogue staffer. Even if it WERE true, if she truly wanted to move past it and didn't think it was a big deal we should be focusing on, she had every opportunity to do so, yet chose to respond to it in a way that it could not help being litigated in the media.

The whole thing is a transparently cynical attempt to try and peel off some of Bernie's support (and maybe capture some bitter Hillary/KHive types) by playing on the false "Bernie is a misogynist and is the campaign of misogynists who can't handle strong women" hokum that cropped up in 2016. Maybe she wasn't in on the planning, but she actively chose to play the card when it was on the table, at a minimum.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Actually it isn't that secret. They are openly admitting to being a Trump supporter, or at least they will be if Bernie doesn't win.

Not voting against Donald Trump when you have the power to do so IS supporting Donald Trump. And they have said that if Bernie doesn't win the democratic nomination that is exactly what they plan to do.

Better vote for Bernie so that doesn't happen, then!

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh so you won't vote for congresspeople who can actually make the changes you want depending on whose signature is used for the approval cause Biden ain't going to veto such legislation that arrives at his desk.

What legislation would Biden veto? War in Iraq? DOMA? Bank bailouts? Cuts to social security? The crime bill? The patriot act? NAFTA? Welfare reform?

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Thank god for post histories. Helps reveal how utterly disingenuous you're being right now. Months ago you were arguing nothing would be different in America if Hillary had won instead of Donald Trump. After that, you encouraged others to vote third party against the Democrats, as you plan to do if Tulsi goes independent. You've stated that the DNC is a bigger threat to America than Russia. Before that? You've stated Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election and that MSNBC are the real enemies.

Sure, MrGerbils. Sure.

FIRE EMOJI

god damn

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

on Iran: no she didn't. She would have maintained the treaty Obama managed to arrange with Iran
on rigging: the DNC isn't rigging anything
On Russia: one is country that is aggressively expanding into neighboring territory. The other is a party that has continuously progressed society when they were in power in the latter half of the 20th century through this early portion of the 21st century.

MrGerbils

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Not voting for Bernie in the primary IS supporting Donald Trump. Because only he has the passionate and broad support to defeat Trump in the general.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
My family is drowning in medical debt after two unexpected deaths in the family, my mother in law took a job at Walmart to get some health coverage after her husbands job got converted to a full time contractor position (in order to cut costs on benefits), none of my nieces or nephews will be attending college due to their parents still struggling with their own student loans, my own child is named after a friend who died in Iraq fighting a war that officially was completely pointless (that Biden voted for... and Warren just voted to increase Trump's military budget emboldening him on this senseless confrontation with Iran).

Look if you have some cushy corporate job with great health insurance and the idea of another war in the Middle East is just some abstract concept to you, then I get it how "Gee a woman could be VP in the White House!" is enough, but it's not for me. This shit is personal in a thousand ways.

This election is life or death for a lot of people in this country. And those people are NOT going to show up for Joe "return to normalcy" Biden in the general. They just won't.

So a vote for anyone but Bernie in the primary is a vote for folks like me and my family to stay home in the general.
I'm pretty confident that refusing to vote for an improvement over Trump isn't going to alleviate any of your problems. In fact, they'll only get worse.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
So much of the notion that Warren is lying in this thread is predicated on the notion that it makes Sanders look bad, and that in and of itself is a reason to doubt her. It being inconvenient for Sanders itself is the smoking gun.

I have no words for that shit. "if she we're trustworthy, she would have denied it". Because that makes sense. Meanwhile in the last month Bernie has endorsed a genocide denier, been caught lying multiple times, and the worst Warren has done outside of this that I am aware of is a bad take on a description Sanders campaign made of her.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Imagine being so short sighted that you don't see how this bickering helps Donald Trump keep the presidency for another 4 years.

Bickering over this is a proxy for the actual differences between them, and the reality that neither of them could win without the other person going down. "Progressive unity" was an impossible fantasy, it's a literal winner-take-all scenario!

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Why anyone gives two shits about this non-story is beyond me. The world is burning, this doesn't matter.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Not voting for Bernie in the primary IS supporting Donald Trump. Because only he has the passionate and broad support to defeat Trump in the general.

You literally have no idea if that is true. It might be the case but you can not say that definitively with any kind of authority.

But that is not what we are talking about. We are talking about a world in which Bernie has already lost the primary. In that case it is Trump vs whoever wins the primary. That is the situation in which you are advocating not voting for the only person who has ANY chance of beating Trump.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Bickering over this is a proxy for the actual differences between them, and the reality that neither of them could win without the other person going down. "Progressive unity" was an impossible fantasy, it's a literal winner-take-all scenario!

this is a very poor understanding of the primary situation, in which the best path for either of the two to win is for the other to drop out voluntarily and endorse them after an amicable primary between the two, a situation both of them have worked very hard all year to keep possible

Oct 28, 2017

I have no issue with candidates drawing distinctions between themselves in order to determine a winner. I have a major issue with transparent, disingenuous smears that hurts both parties and benefit no one but Trump.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So much of the notion that Warren is lying in this thread is predicated on the notion that it makes Sanders look bad, and that in and of itself is a reason to doubt her. It being inconvenient for Sanders itself is the smoking gun.

I have no words for that shit. "if she we're trustworthy, she would have denied it". Because that makes sense. Meanwhile in the last month Bernie has endorsed a genocide denier, been caught lying multiple times, and the worst Warren has done outside of this that I am aware of is a bad take on a description Sanders campaign made of her.

I didn't say she'd be trustworthy if she'd denied it, I said she would be acting on her stated desire for this not to be a thing we're all talking about and would have cost her absolutely nothing. That she chose to confirm it is itself evidence of the underlying motivation for it being a thing we're all talking about. Whether that motivation was a genuine attempt at a low blow or just petty inability to move on from some minor thing Bernie said, it at the very least smashes the facade of comity between the two, which was inevitable anyway.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
How about eliminating the need for her to get passed it in the first place. There is nothing of significance to get passed here. It seems pretty clear by the responses from both candidates that the ones who aren't passed it are CNN and people who are easily distracted.
What are you talking about? How is the avoidance of a handshake not a response from the candidate herself? You are laying it on others when clearly the two aren't over this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.