• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Gonna side with Bernie in this whole ordeal. I seriously doubt Warren is the type of person to have such a comment flinged at them and let it slide for over a year while also propping up her primary opponent, and I also doubt Sanders is the type of person to give a fuck about Gender, just that they are a strong enough opponent to face Trump and slowly fix the country. Right now its looking to me like Warren saw the opportunity in this smear campaign to get one over Bernie and chose personal ambitions over country and a united front, and right now that is the thing we need the least of going into the Democratic primaries.

Warren's not the type of person to not shut that shit down when it's said to her face, friend or not. I think she thought it was over, she forgave but it wasn't forgotten. It's in character for Bernie to say something in a tone deaf manor, that's dogged him in the media since '16 - he's not an excellent communicator, I don't think he would have hurt her intentionally. In addition he's a person who would have a target on his back because he is not liked by many people for being an asshole on multiple occasions in politics, being really bad wth how he phrases things and he's more interested in attacking then apologising for fucking up. How can there be a united front when Bernie's campaign is doing things which Warren's camp think are breaking their truce? It's not all on Warren. Personal ambition isn't an issue you have with him when he's an asshole and you can bet he's not going to drop out when it's a choice between him and Warren.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Imagine being Elizabeth Warren and waking up this morning to seeing people more concerned over a snubbed handshake than statements Bernie made to her.

I would be like "these people don't deserve me" and go back to bed for another 20 minutes.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Gonna side with Bernie in this whole ordeal. I seriously doubt Warren is the type of person to have such a comment flinged at them and let it slide for over a year while also propping up her primary opponent, and I also doubt Sanders is the type of person to give a fuck about Gender, just that they are a strong enough opponent to face Trump and slowly fix the country. Right now its looking to me like Warren saw the opportunity in this smear campaign to get one over Bernie and chose personal ambitions over country and a united front, and right now that is the thing we need the least of going into the Democratic primaries.
I agree. If they won't defend one another anymore it is up to us, the movement to defend the both of them. We won't be divided.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I can only assume Warren has been offered the position as Joe's VP...maybe with the promise he'll step down near the end of his term.

I see no logic in Warren's strategy otherwise.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being Elizabeth Warren and waking up this morning to seeing people more concerned over a snubbed handshake than statements Bernie made to her.

I would be like "these people don't deserve me" and go back to bed for another 20 minutes.

Yeah cuz America is sexist

Also Social media is fucking fundamentally broken

You can't trust any of it as far as the source of Trends.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It definitely will. Biden is going to get the nom, and Trump is going to crush him. Democrats will never learn, and in 4 years, they'll pull the same shit trying to run corporate moderates again, and get crushed, again. This country is too stupid to elect anybody who will actually make things better. I hope you're all prepared for Republican fascism for the rest of your lives.

Next time the left needs to field someone more capable than Bernie Sanders. Its pitiful when he's the best you've got running for president.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This is the way it is

Even if this little story didn't exist something else would have been invented to put these candidates in the hot seat

Im hoping Unity can somehow be achieved once the primary is over. Thats the only silver lining I can think of here

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
The left will never run a true progressive. The propaganda machine combined with the ignorance of the general population will never let it happen.

This isn't about how pure a leftist candidate is it's about how competent they are. They're not all hopeless cases but they need to better than Bernie. Every candidate runs against the system, there are no excuses.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Warren's not the type of person to not shut that shit down when it's said to her face, friend or not. I think she thought it was over, she forgave but it wasn't forgotten. It's in character for Bernie to say something in a tone deaf manor, that's dogged him in the media since '16 - he's not an excellent communicator, I don't think he would have hurt her intentionally. In addition he's a person who would have a target on his back because he is not liked by many people for being an asshole on multiple occasions in politics, being really bad wth how he phrases things and he's more interested in attacking then apologising for fucking up. How can there be a united front when Bernie's campaign is doing things which Warren's camp think are breaking their truce? It's not all on Warren. Personal ambition isn't an issue you have with him when he's an asshole and you can bet he's not going to drop out when it's a choice between him and Warren.
While Bernie does have a history of fucking up, I still don't think he wouldn't own up to this and admit it. Like I seriously doubt he has wizened up to the point where he wouldn't be doubling down and claiming that context is key, in an election year where the main objective is to prevent a reelection of Trump I could see how someone born in the 1950s would consider it best to "have a man duke it out with Trump because we already had a woman lose to Trump once no point in repeating history" or something to that extent, no matter how progressive they are.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
This isn't about how pure a leftist candidate is it's about how competent they are. They're not all hopeless cases but they need to better than Bernie. Every candidate runs against the system, there are no excuses.
Regardless of how competent they are, if they keep running corporate democrats they're gonna keep getting slaughtered, and they're gonna keep running corporate democrats.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The silver lining is, if the democratic party loses again, at least it will provide ample time to reflect on what flaws within the party can be improved in order to come back stronger than ever the next time around.

giphy.gif
"Maybe we should move even further right..."

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I'm fucked. These are my choices lmao. Okay just lemme know who wins the primary. Might have to go vote in the primary....

As a Black man I just glad I got to see the first Black President in history who was also my commencement speaker.

I will probably never again have a viable candidate I identify with.
You will when the boomers die off.
My wife is Asian, she's just happy Yang ran, even if he's got some out there ideas and is too much for right now.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Can we talk about something substantive? Like policy? Or attempted assassination of an ambassador?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing controversial about saying a Woman will have a hard time winning... in fact likely i multiple times harder than it would be for a Man

Which is why we need more and more strong female candidates banging on the door

I suppose the best thing Bernie could do is acknowledge said sexism (as he has always done) and prop up female candidates instead of trying to give unsolicited advice or opinions

Mansplaining is a damn curse but even I am guilty of it when interacting with my wife, who is far more decent and competent than I am. The male ego has blindspots man i tell ya

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Regardless of how competent they are, if they keep running corporate democrats they're gonna keep getting slaughtered, and they're gonna keep running corporate democrats.

Competency is a vital skill to any politician, the better they are the stronger they'll be against opponents. Weak ones don't get very far, particularly on the national scale. Keep getting slaughtered? They lost once to Trump, they've had two presidents and many, many people in congress, and in state and local elections. They got more Dems elected in the Blue Wave than the left did. Of course the Dems are going to run corporate Dems, they're a part of the party - why wouldn't they?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the way it is

Even if this little story didn't exist something else would have been invented to put these candidates in the hot seat

Im hoping Unity can somehow be achieved once the primary is over. Thats the only silver lining I can think of here
The only way unity is going to happen is if a clear front runner crushes out the opposition relatively early in the primaries. Then we'll all unify out of necessity, or die out of pettiness.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Competency is a vital skill to any politician, the better they are the stronger they'll be against opponents. Weak ones don't get very far, particularly on the national scale. Keep getting slaughtered? They lost once to Trump, they've had two presidents and many, many people in congress, and in state and local elections. They got more Dems elected in the Blue Wave than the left did. Of course the Dems are going to run corporate Dems, they're a part of the party - why wouldn't they?
Right, but that's not enough anymore. People want change, and need change. We need people willing to take on the Student Loan crisis, we need M4a and we need to raise the minimum wage, and corporate dems are gonna do none of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My twitter feed and these threads are just full of people who just know that Warren is a snake liar. Or just know that Sanders is a sexist pig. And I'm like, how can anyone other than the two people involved have any idea what was being said. This whole discussion is just exhausting and it doesn't lead anywhere productive.

The only people who are happy about this arw Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Christmas came 11 months early

Oct 28, 2017
And how would we be privvy to the particulars of this? If it happened it most certainly happened quietly I would think.

The blinders people have when it comes to their preferred candidate are mind blowing.

Her camp leaked it and she approved of the leak otherwise she wouldn't have put out the statement she did or put on the kabuki theater display that she did tonight. This is by far the most rational explanation for her actions, and everyone who isn't already in the bag for her sees it.

I just can't decide if it's pure ineptitude by her team or if she really is just gonna accept Biden's VP slot. Not a fan of either one tbh

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The only way unity is going to happen is if a clear front runner crushes out the opposition relatively early in the primaries. Then we'll all unify out of necessity, or die out of pettiness.

This part of the cycle is especially straining given the stakes

Under normal circumstances primary opponents would brutalize each other like chicken pecking and eventually we all get behind the top chicken

But given the media landscape of the damn future, where everyone in the world has their hands in the cookie jar, where you can weaponize anything....

Anything they use to attack each other also fuels the opposition down the line. I just can't help but think that Democrats need to do something new and adapt.

This age old strategy of primary pecking feels dangerous to me

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Right, but that's not enough anymore. People want change, and need change. We need people willing to take on the Student Loan crisis, we need M4a and we need to raise the minimum wage, and corporate dems are gonna do none of that.

Those Dems have been doing their best to fight for those issues, sadly the public and the system make it incredibly difficult for any of that to happen. Wanting change is fine, everyone does but it's not their fault the left's politicians are this disorganised. In fact, they've tried to help them get stronger, which many react by thinking they're the enemy for "selling out" and those that do embrace those ideas get ignored entirely. Like they never were elected.

Other

Oct 28, 2017
I can only assume Warren has been offered the position as Joe's VP...maybe with the promise he'll step down near the end of his term.

I see no logic in Warren's strategy otherwise.
Sucks to be Castro if true, you stop your campaign to become someone else's VP and right away your running mate is already angling to do your job for someone else

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I look forward to warren and Sanders demanding an investigation into why Rudy guliani and Lev parnas were surveiling a us ambassador.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren is getting dragged all over the internet, she's completely killed whatever momentum she had in the progressive space.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Those Dems have been doing their best to fight for those issues, sadly the public and the system make it incredibly difficult for any of that to happen. Wanting change is fine, everyone does but it's not their fault the left's politicians are this disorganised. In fact, they've tried to help them get stronger, which many react by thinking they're the enemy for "selling out."
Millenials are in our 30's now and we can't wait any more. It's already too late for some of us, doomed to live the rest of our lives in debt and poverty. The time is now, and the idea that we all need to suck it up and vote for another person who isn't gonna change a damn thing for any of us, just because the other option is a senile, illiterate kindergartner, is bullshit. I'll vote for the dem whoever it is this time, but I'd really rather not, and I can't even be mad at people for sitting out if Biden gets the nom.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We obviously cant know anything for sure. We can only pick a side. And after seeing and hearing alot on this I am gonna side with Bernie. The timing of this story is just way too convenient for Warren. It reeks of a desperate attempt to make herself relevant and to discredit Bernie in my opinion.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Millenials are in our 30's now and we can't wait any more. It's already too late for some of us, doomed to live the rest of our lives in debt and poverty. The time is now, and the idea that we all need to suck it up and vote for another person who isn't gonna change a damn thing for any of us, just because the other option is a senile, illiterate kindergartner, is bullshit. I'll vote for the dem whoever it is this time, but I'd really rather not, and I can't even be mad at people for sitting out if Biden gets the nom.

Every generation has to struggle with leadership against the old, and the old are really, really good at maintaining their grip on power. This is normal in our society. It is bullshit, it's bullshit that our generation has difficulty defeating, it's why all the main headliners are old people. You should, that's vital in stopping Republicans.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
We obviously cant know anything for sure. We can only pick a side. And after seeing and hearing alot on this I am gonna side with Bernie. The timing of this story is just way too convenient for Warren. It reeks of a desperate attempt to make herself relevant and to discredit Bernie in my opinion.

Same.

I think there is maybe a 1 in 1024 chance she is telling the truth about this story.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
The fact that this is receiving more attention than the opinions from the candidate on important topics is disgusting. If Bernie did say that to Elizabeth, then that is between them (and stupid-as-shit on his part, but I simply don't believe he would ever say that known his track record), but the fact this has blown up because of the media getting a hard-on for drama is just sad.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
what about an investigation into if Nov 1990 was "in the last 30 years" or not

I don't give a single fuck about any of this wwf storyline. If they continue with this bullshit it will be just that much easier for Trump and the gop to continue to steal
elections. They should do a jointpress conference and squash this immediately.

Bernie's special power is saying stupid shit. His plan for amerixa is still better than fascism. Same with warren.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
That's normal for anything related to Bernie, he's never done anything wrong and anyone against him is the worst.

Sanders will never own up to his mistakes and that's why he's a bad candidate and will lose, he was never going to win even if some wanna blindly follow him.
Biden is the likely winner and certainly doesn't own up to his mistakes...

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that this is receiving more attention than the opinions from the candidate on important topics is disgusting. If Bernie did say that to Elizabeth, then that is between them (and stupid-as-shit on his part, but I simply don't believe he would ever say that known his track record), but the fact this has blown up because of the media getting a hard-on for drama is just sad.

Again, this has blown up because Warren's camp wanted it to. The media is just complicit.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
While Bernie does have a history of fucking up, I still don't think he wouldn't own up to this and admit it. Like I seriously doubt he has wizened up to the point where he wouldn't be doubling down and claiming that context is key, in an election year where the main objective is to prevent a reelection of Trump I could see how someone born in the 1950s would consider it best to "have a man duke it out with Trump because we already had a woman lose to Trump once no point in repeating history" or something to that extent, no matter how progressive they are.
The same guy that endorsed Cenk. And had to have Cenk give him an out? He has a habbit of doing tonedeaf things. That said, do i think he's sexist? Nope.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
after sleeping on it, I think this made Warren look worse.

in sports, two opposing players who refuse to handshake after an elimination match game gets recorded for eternity.

Democrats are supposed to stick it to Trump, not to other Democrats.

If Sanders stumbles, Warren will need Sanders supporters to grow.
Now you got Bernie Supporters online and Youtubers going on and on now.
How are you supposed to gain those supporters?

daschysta

Mar 24, 2019
after sleeping on it, I think this made Warren look worse.

in sports, two opposing players who refuse to handshake after an elimination match game gets recorded for eternity.

Democrats are supposed to stick it to Trump, not to other Democrats.

If Sanders stumbles, Warren will need Sanders supporters to grow.
Now you got Bernie Supporters online and Youtubers going on and on now.
How are you supposed to gain those supporters?
Not to mention Warrens support is less locked in, and it makes her look divisive, which is contrary to the unity message she is pushing. The reaction on twitterverse is over the top, bit it doesn't make it look like Warren can unify the party if she is the nominee. Even if you entertain the possibility something was said, it is still politically stupid.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The same guy that endorsed Cenk. And had to have Cenk give him an out? He has a habbit of doing tonedeaf things. That said, do i think he's sexist? Nope.
That's what I mean, if someone who does tone-deaf things and has admitted to said tone-deaf things with more tone-deaf statements comes out and admits to not saying something tone-deaf with more tone-deaf statements I would give em the benefit of doubt this one time and give some major side eye to the accusers and anyone acting upon the accusations in a way that favors them. I mean he's not stupid enough to lie about an ongoing story that could bury him if hard evidence like a recording came out.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of toxic Bernie support reminds me of Ron Paul in 2012. Warren and her surrogates shouldn't be getting this type of abuse right now. I fully expect Tulsi or the Green nominee to exploit this and for Trump to win now and 6-3 conservative court. 2016 redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.