• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie says dumb, tone deaf things all the time.

Seriously. He endorsed Cenk despite being warned by his staff not to, he said people who are uncomfortable with voting for a black guy aren't necessarily racist, he assumed most drug dealers are black, and I'm supposed to believe it's impossible that he said something that was actually tamer than all of that?

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some you nimrods ought to stop chasing the bait and actually fucking focus.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
These primaries are about convincing primary voters to chose you over the other candidate.

Everyone knows that Warren needs to steal Sanders supporters, not do the opposite.

Oct 27, 2017
Who the fuck cares. Rookie mistake by those 2 to do this publicly.

But this bullshit is twice as long as the thread on the US plotting to kill/harm one of its ambassadors. Why? How?

We are so fucking doomed lol.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
after sleeping on it, I think this made Warren look worse.

in sports, two opposing players who refuse to handshake after an elimination match game gets recorded for eternity.

Democrats are supposed to stick it to Trump, not to other Democrats.

If Sanders stumbles, Warren will need Sanders supporters to grow.
Now you got Bernie Supporters online and Youtubers going on and on now.
How are you supposed to gain those supporters?
That's not even mentioning the people like me that wasnt quite decided yet, but has been pushed away from Warren's camp as a result of this.

Blunt

Oct 26, 2017
Where does that ridiculous idea that Warren is suddenly angling to be Biden's VP coming from ? She hates his guts !

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it just seems like another miscalculation from Warren. Obviously she's gotta pull out something before the first primary but only the most Extremely Online give a shit about this. If you're going to call him a sexist you should have gone for the rape essay instead. This may be the worst move since someone called a press conference to announce they were 0.25% native american.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Americans are so funny (read: ridiculous) for giving this more than a nanosecond's worth of attention, while the current administration has committed practically every major crime in the book, including now possible attempted assassination of a US ambassador. Of course, sensibly-ordered priorities seems too hard for our culture.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
They both fucked up. Sadly they really fucked up, specially by eclipsing those awful corruption news from the Trump administration.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Biden is going to get the nomination now, because people are worried over a handshake and a conversation that we'll never get the truth about. We should all be thrilled to cast a vote for Warren or Sanders. They'd both take us all in a direction we want to see the country go. We collectively need to remind these people what's at stake here.

When Biden loses to Trump, I don't want to hear a god damn thing about how nothing else could have been done. When Trump gets to name another SC nominee, effectively killing progressive politics and plans for the next couple of generations, I don't want to hear a fucking thing. If we all can't remember what the fuck is at stake right now, if we're just going to succumb to the corporate media propaganda now, then Trump has already fucking won.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't kept up with this at all, but my guess is that last year Bernie said that he didn't think a woman could win in this next election. But in the sense that the current voting public, especially with MAGA and Trump supporters still rife, would put Trump into power again if he is running against a female opponent due to regressive voters who also rejected Hilary. Not that he personally believes a female, in general, cannot be president.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Honestly it just seems like another miscalculation from Warren. Obviously she's gotta pull out something before the first primary but only the most Extremely Online give a shit about this. If you're going to call him a sexist you should have gone for the rape essay instead. This may be the worst move since someone called a press conference to announce they were 0.25% native american.
Oh god, if bernie wins the nomination the trump campaign is going to go ham on the rape essay

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I mean, if someone who does tone-deaf things and has admitted to said tone-deaf things with more tone-deaf statements comes out and admits to not saying something tone-deaf with more tone-deaf statements I would give em the benefit of doubt this one time and give some major side eye to the accusers and anyone acting upon the accusations in a way that favors them. I mean he's not stupid enough to lie about an ongoing story that could bury him if hard evidence like a recording came out.
Except he didn't really apologize for what he did... Basically an i hear you, and the guy i wanted to endorse doesn't want my endorsement anymore. He strikes me as a person that won't apologize for what he doesn't think he did wrong. Even when people around him tell him it's a bad call. Case in point this cenk endorsement. With this warren issue he probably genuinely thinks what he said was fine....except he has a history of making poor statements. So it's very easy to believe that this is another one of occasions.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Who gives a shit? Ugh of all the things going on in the world and all the shit we could be focused on

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Joe Biden is going to get the nomination now, because people are worried over a handshake and a conversation that we'll never get the truth about. We should all be thrilled to cast a vote for Warren or Sanders. They'd both take us all in a direction we want to see the country go. We collectively need to remind these people what's at stake here.

When Biden loses to Trump, I don't want to hear a god damn thing about how nothing else could have been done. When Trump gets to name another SC nominee, effectively killing progressive politics and plans for the next couple of generations, I don't want to hear a fucking thing. If we all can't remember what the fuck is at stake right now, if we're just going to succumb to the corporate media propaganda now, then Trump has already fucking won.
This is where I'm at.

Also there are bigger news than a handshake bs.

More evidence against trump's admin and possibly a hit. Shit is messed up if this handshake deal stays in the news.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Could we just like not and skip over this crap, focus on real issues and real debate questions. This is a waste of time and a sideshow.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie has a brusque, cut-to-the-chase style and it mostly works for him, but it did him no favors last night. There was a nuanced way to put this to bed, and "I didn't say it and I'm not gonna talk about it" wasn't it. Talk about the very real problem of institutionalized misogyny. Talk about how we use sexist language like "shrill" and "bossy" to denigrate women in positions of power. Talk about how women didn't have the right to vote in this country until nineteen-fucking-twenty, something.

There is absolutely a conversation to be had about why this country is so resistant to electing a woman President/Prime Minister when other Western powers manage it just fine.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
What a great thing to be focusing on and not all of the harmful stuff that came out about trump yesterday.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Oh god, if bernie wins the nomination the trump campaign is going to go ham on the rape essay
The thing about that is... its not a "rape essay".

Anyone who actually reads the thing can pretty clearly distinguish what the actual theme the essay posits is that traditional gender roles are harmful and that it can manifest in sick ways when its comes to sexuality. The things he cites are disturbingly not as uncommon as you would like to think. It was an overly evocative paragraph in an essay that largely had a very salient point about gender roles and toxic masculinity.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
This is so stupid. And the worst are those fueling the fire

Astrot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not american and I don't understand what Warren is doing. The goal should be beating Trump not splitting the Democratic party just to get the nomination.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
The thing about that is... its not a "rape essay".

Anyone who actually reads the thing can pretty clearly distinguish what the actual theme the essay posits is that traditional gender roles are harmful and that it can manifest in sick ways when its comes to sexuality. The things he cites are disturbingly not as uncommon as you would like to think. It was an overly evocative paragraph in an essay that largely had a very salient point about gender roles and toxic masculinity.
I know that, it just that it's trump and he has no principles. They'll take it out of context and run with it.

With that said, I still think bernie has the best shot at winning.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
What a great thing to be focusing on and not all of the harmful stuff that came out about trump yesterday.

Just woke up to this thread after reading the "let's assassinate the ambassador" thread last night. This thread is twice as long. I just don't know anymore. Feels bad, man.

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some you nimrods ought to stop chasing the bait and actually fucking focus.
Which is why I'm blocking this thread and any others like it that pop up. Short of an audio recording of the event, we're never going to know the context and tone of their original conversation, so this whole thing is a waste of energy right now.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legions of Warren fans seem to disagree, somehow.
Check first page. He was also called a misogynist.
Have you seen the PoliEra thread lol

it doesn't make any sense. at all. Bernie was calling for women leaders when Warren was still a republican.

I like Warren but this is a real, real dumb move that I think one of her campaign managers glommed on to.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
yKsgZE1.jpg

Ugh, #NeverWarren and #WarrenIsASnake is trending.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I guess the way to sum up why I feel how I do is...

Knowing Bernie's record for all these years.

Seeing on old videos that he's felt that way since before I was born. (That women can be president)

Knowing he and Warren have been good friends all this time and he's supported her and other women to run for president.

And then I'm supposed to believe he told his friend Warren, after his record and those videos that "a woman can't win" that he said that, to his friend?

Really? I'm supposed to believe that?

Don't let them year us apart. Both are great candidates. Defend them if they won't defend each other! I don't believe Warren is being honest here but I can forgive that, they're both worth it.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the way to sum up why I feel how I do is...

Knowing Bernie's record for all these years.

Seeing on old videos that he's felt that way since before I was born. (That women can be president)

Knowing he and Warren have been good friends all this time and he's supported her and other women to run for president.

And then I'm supposed to believe he told his friend Warren, after his record and those videos that "a woman can't win" that he said that, to his friend?

Really? I'm supposed to believe that?

Don't let them year us apart. Both are great candidates. Defend them if they won't defend each other! I don't believe Warren is being honest here but I can forgive that, they're both worth it.

Actually you're supposed to believe all of that and also believe that Warren remained best buds with him for two years and then suddenly remembered that he's a sexist two weeks before iowa

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Except he didn't really apologize for what he did... Basically an i hear you, and the guy i wanted to endorse doesn't want my endorsement anymore. He strikes me as a person that won't apologize for what he doesn't think he did wrong. Even when people around him tell him it's a bad call. Case in point this cenk endorsement. With this warren issue he probably genuinely thinks what he said was fine....except he has a history of making poor statements. So it's very easy to believe that this is another one of occasions.
Which is the point I'm making by repeating myself, if
he did say he it he wouldn't deny it, he would try and give context even if it came across badly. He would try and deflect it as neutrally as possible instead of straight out denial. Which in the end does make this suspect as fuck if he did say it after all, which we can't know for sure, which is why I am ultimately giving him the benefit instead of Warren. She's baiting him alongside the media with small actions like this and like I originally said saw the opportunity to do so, instead of continuing the unified front with Bernie despite being her main opponent. I'm even at fault for giving this attention, but this is the road they chose to go down and if Biden eventually becomes the prime candidate its only their fault, and their fault alone.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, #NeverWarren and #WarrenIsASnake is trending.

Sad part is that we dont know if its

- Bernie Bros
- Bots
- Foreign influence campaign
- Super PAC/Wealthy
- Pick your poison

Social media is a global hellscape of noise that can come from any source. No sense in trusting or reporting on it but here we are cuz it makes media monies

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017

I think people that obsess over every little news article, quote, or tweet think this is a big deal, but honestly, it's going to be forgotten in a few days. Most reasonable people know Bernie isn't sexist.

It's sad how popular this topic is but I guess I'm responding as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.