• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She shouldn't have done this

WASHINGTON — Senator Elizabeth Warren has released a DNA test that provides "strong evidence'' she had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations, an unprecedented move by one of the top possible contenders for the 2020 Democratic nomination for president.

Warren, whose claims to Native American blood have been mocked by President Trump and other Republicans, provided the test results to the Globe on Sunday in an effort to defuse questions about her ancestry that have persisted for years. She planned an elaborate rollout Monday of the results as she aimed for widespread attention.

The inherent imprecision of the six-page DNA analysis could provide fodder for Warren's critics. If her great-great-great-grandmother was Native American, that puts her at 1/32nd American Indian. But the report includes the possibility that she's just 1/1024th Native American if the ancestor is 10 generations back.

EDIT: added by request

ANOTHER EDIT:

Correction: Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative. It should be 1/1,024.

Last edited:

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This would undercut a shitton of Trump mockery about her being scared to do a DNA test, but instead he'll just target the actual results instead.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is playing right into these asshole's hands. I can't help but feel that this won't help her one bit. The damage was already done and now they have more fodder.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like she should have stayed above the fray. Let him be racist, accurate or inaccurate.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Whoops

So now you face the possibility that Trump was right in mocking the potentially very minimal Native American influence on her family tree. 1/32 isn't even enough to get a scholarship in many places.

He was always going to latch onto something to attack you; don't play into his hands.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Bad move on her part of this report is true. I really wish she would stop considering running and hopefully she doesn't. I like her, but man she just doesn't have what it takes to go up against Republicans at this point.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
She could run on a platform of absolute transparency. Depends on how many skeletons she has in her closet still.

Would be a ridiculous contrast to Trump and his ever shrinking palace built on lies.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So fucking dumb. Why do democrats give into republican bullshit demands. Especially coming from someone as progressive as her.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, 1/32 is hardly significant. It's the kind of shit that gets played for a cheap laugh in films and sitcoms.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking it over it makes sense to release this. Even some liberals throw shade at white looking people for making use of their native american ancestry to get certain benefits in college. Even though they hate Trump in the back of their minds they would be annoyed with Warren as well due to their predispositions.

OTOH If Warren primarily did this to undercut Trump himself among his fanbase that is a mistake. She instead should be attacking his tax dodging inheritance and insinuate eventually he's going to pay all those taxes and give them back to the people including his fanbase.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next you're going to tell me Obama released his college transcripts. The people this is for aren't arguing in good faith in the first place. They wouldn't have given a shit if this showed she had native ties but they will certainly give a shit now that it shows she doesn't

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I don't understand what she thought this would accomplish. 1/512 percent Native American. She just validated Trump to a large portion of this country.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
802.jpg

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
This will probably backfire but in fairness, she does have some in her, she didn't lie

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
In politics if you're explaining, you're losing.

You need to set up your own frame of debate, stick to it, and define the rules imposed on the other side.

Defense isn't a good offense in the political landscape.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She is supposed to be one of the best hopes for Democrats? Lol, that's so fucked

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
My kids are 3/256 Choctaw and are members of the tribe and can vote in the tribe when 18. They're also 1/16 Cherokee but not members.

He would mock her no matter what. What this does is instill pride for NAs and push back on his racist ass.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
So between 0,2% and 3% of native American blood.

I can't imagine how this could backfire.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This is stupid. She could be 1/4 th or 1/8th and it wouldn't change trumps tune on this. Now he has a number to point to in his mockery. I mean shit, you're never getting his tax returns what good does it do you at this point to give him this?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Despite what people may say I think this was a good move. People will care less about her flub to claim NA ancestry if it's out in the open vs constantly questioning why she doesn't be reveal the truth. Any subsequent attacks will be a lot less effective.