• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

So much was made about bringing him back for the finals after his previous injury and now he has a severely worse one after forcing himself.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping he can come back in a year and still be Kevin Durant.

I will be really bummed if he is never the same.

Also I would like to ask a lot of questions to the doctors who cleared him. Maybe this was not their fault but I never trust team doctors.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
He shouldn't have come back tonight.

I say that as a person who cares about injuries and the well-being of players, and a person who resents the early boost he gave GSW tonight.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Also I would like to ask a lot of questions to the doctors who cleared him. Maybe this was not their fault but I never trust team doctors.
Assuming KD was saying "I'm fine", would you want to be the doctor that refused to give KD clearance? Im just saying I would HATE to be those Doctors who had to make that decision with pressures coming in all different directions.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
This...is not good.

Shit, sorry Warriors fans.

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Was the first injury during the Rockets series an achilles injury? They were pretty ambiguous about it. If it was, it was totally negligent of management to let him play game 5, they may have ended his career.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not going to blame the doctors with what we know, but team doctors typically look out for the team more than the player. It's also kinda weird how he didn't have a minutes restriction.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is why the option of returning has to be taken away from players. many times they will try playing because of the pressure from the media and fans. no reason why he should have returned this series and should have been taken out for good. really hope it doesn't affect him too much long term.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Assuming KD was saying "I'm fine", would you want to be the doctor that refused to give KD clearance? Im just saying I would HATE to be those Doctors who had to make that decision with pressures coming in all different directions.
As a doctor, the only pressure they should concern themselves with is the physical well-being of their patient.

Durant shouldn't have come back. Try again next year, man, it ain't worth it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's rough. Should not have played knowing he was going into a contract offseason.

Oct 27, 2017
Any good doctor wouldn't listen to outside pressure and only have the well being of their patient at heart.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a tough job but if they dropped the ball (I can't comment on that as I am not a doctor and don't know what they knew) that might ruin someone's life.

It's pretty simple for the doctor. Patient first. Especially in sports where the athlete is always going to risk it. The doctor should be protecting them.

Anyways it is not going to fix anything. But man this sucks.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I knew it was bad when they said his agent was in the back with him.
Did he choose to come back or did they push for him to come back and give them that boost?

Oct 29, 2017
Awful, awful news. Durant has been a gift to watch since day one. I hope he can salvage his career the best he possibly can.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to Stephen A Smith blow up on this tomorrow morning.

Always loved KD. Hope the best for him going forward

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really terrible news. We already knew he had the heart of a champion; he shouldn't have been playing.

I really hope he returns to the Durant we all know - one of the best players in the world - as soon as he can.

As a Raptors fan, I'm extremely disappointed in how our fans reacted, and as a basketball fan, I'm sad we may have lost a season of one of the best to ever play.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So basically had he rested, he likely would be okay by next season but now, his career will be greatly altered.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Dr. Chao was on this right after it happened. So bummed for him.

Assuming he tore his achilles, this is an unprecedented situation. Free agent, tons of suitors, but he'll likely miss all next season. You're then looking at a 32 year old on a max contract coming off one of the most severe injuries there is for an NBA player.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
This has the vibe of Ronaldo at France 98. He wasn't ready. He just wasn't. Hope he recovers. (and damn you fellow raps fans for cheering this)

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Assuming he tore his achilles, this is an unprecedented situation. Free agent, tons of suitors, but he'll likely miss all next season. You're then looking at a 32 year old on a max contract coming off one of the most severe injuries there is for an NBA player.
He's not going to get paid. This is the career ender like, there's no way on earth he's going to get the max and oh god the Knicks are gonna give him the max.

dots

Oct 27, 2017

Knicks will give him the full max.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
if that report about his teammates openly wondering why he wasn't playing are true, hes done in GS. I don't particularly like the Warriors but this shit sucks. no one should be pressured into returning before they are ready

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
KD should've been looking out for KD instead trying to play on a sprained ankle. He never should've played and part of the blame falls on the GSW for not outright saying he's done for the year.

Edit- Might be the last time KD will be playing as a top 3 player.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though he shouldn't have played, I doubt he would have wanted to sit out his potential last game as a Warrior. He still made 11 pts and it was the difference in the end.

We'll if they can keep it up in game 6.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Huge mistake bringing him back tonight, no matter what was on the line. Hopefully tonight didn't make his injury worse.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
FUUUUHHHCKKK is all I can muster up to goddamn say. Fuck! Goddamnit man; he shouldn't have played tonight 😭.