• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burger King

• Always trash

Votes: 495 43.2%
  • It DID use to be good, OP

Votes: 280 24.4%
  • Burger King is still good, fuck the haters

Votes: 372 32.4%

• Total voters

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
BK is great. But it truly is franchise dependent.

Like i've learned to only go to certain locations if i want a good whopper.

And some franchises change. So they may be good for a few years and then stop being good so off to find a new place.

I've eaten at BK since i was little. /_\ prefer it over McDonald's tbh.

Now i limit how much i eat it cuz fast food bad but still on occasion will get me a whopper or original chicken sandwich šŸ˜

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
A properly made Whopper is honestly not a bad fast food burger in my opinion. But as has been mentioned numerous times in the thread, they're so inconsistent from store to store that I don't ever go there. And ultimately I'd still rather just have Wendy's or McDonalds if I have to get fast food.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah BK has the greatest variance of quality between locations of any fast food joint. When you get a good one, it's way better than their competitors. However, you're more likely to get a worse meal on average. It's basically fast food gambling.

I think this is why McDonalds is dominant - their experience is incredibly consistent whether you're in NYC or West Virginia.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the bottom of my list in the US. Everything flat out sucks. Wendy's upped their game drastically and took over as my top spot.

McDonalds also took a nose dive. Even if its a last resort i never want to go.

I would put Hardee's at top but sadly there is only one and its like an hour away.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I voted it used to be good. Their fries used to be a lot better (although they aren't as good as McDonald's fries or Wendy's pre-Homestyle cut) but they were decent. Whoppers were a lot better and bigger and the hamburger patties had a better taste to it.

Nowadays, it's terrible. The one in my hometown is actually really good, but even then you can tell it's dropped off.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never pick it over Culver's, but BK is still miles ahead of anything McDumpsters has to offer. The only reason to ever eat McDumpsters is because you're at an airport and your options are an $8 burger, or going to one of the airport shops and buying a sandwich that is just two thick slices of bread with the thinnest slice of turkey you've ever seen for $15.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
The whopper is legit still one of the best fast food burgers.

The rest of their menu though is kind of a mess of failed tries.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Burger King is trash and continues to get trashier. They're owned by Restaurant Brands Incorporated, which is somehow alienating Canadians away from their Tim Horton's.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Burger King shits all over McDonalds (except for the Breakfasts) in the UK.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I don't hate BK, i go there maybe once every 3 or 4 months.

BK in the Philippines still serves Mushroom Swiss Burgers so i go there a bunch when i visit.

I miss their struggle chili. That shit kept me warm when I was sleeping in my car 8n the early 2000s.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
In the UK, Burger King is probably the best fast food burger you can get until you step up to the GBK/Five Guys/Byron tier of chains.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I haven't been to BK in like 20 years but I always thought it was nasty af. The only thing I've ever liked were their toys in the early to mid 90s.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
I used to like the cheap ass spicy chicken sandwich. And the quad stack was a huge pile of greasy delicious meat.

Haven't had any of it for years, though.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I think BK is fine for the non burger offerings and breakfast, they have some decent variety compared to Mcdonalds.

Burgers and fries are booty.

Wendy's sweeps tho.

Last edited:

Doggg

ā–² Legend ā–²
Nov 17, 2017
I think I probably liked them when I was a kid because I was too young to know better. Funnily enough, I thought my tastes were maturing when I graduated from McDonald's cheeseburgers to them because they things in them that I didn't used to like before, like slices of tomato and onions (instead of McDonald's little bits of onions in their cheeseburgers).

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I worked at a BK 99 and then again 2002-2006 and I saw how the shit was made. I saw raw burgers falling off the grill in pieces that then got either nuked, sometimes twice, still pink and cold or thrown into the "chili pot". I ate cold tenders dipped in Mayo. I changed those disgusting grease bins from the fry cookers.

But. I still like the food.

But that said, the service in Florida has always fucking sucked. After getting service awards for years and then getting treated like shit every time you've walked into a Florida BK, it does in fact go back to what my old hard ass boss said about a clean store and good customer service being the "first taste".

Still like the food though.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I once got a burger from there, and it was so obviously microwaved (steaming, yet dry, not cooling down, way hotter on the outside than the center). I tossed it after just a couple of bites. How does a place that pushes "flame broiled" microwave their burgers? Pathetic.

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
The problem with Burger King has always been consistency. When the kitchen staff gives a damn and the food is fresh, it's pretty good. A Whopper every now and then hits the spot, and I think the fries are still better than McD's and Wendy's.

I remember when they first introduced the rodeo cheeseburger. It was like crack.

That said, back in the 90's BK had amazing curly fries that they've never brought back. Such a shame.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Burger King has always been decent, OP. It never was the best fast food chain around, but their burgers are pretty good if I might say so myself (for a fast food joint). I always found the burgers in Burger King superior to say McDonalds, but their fries and nuggets suck. That being said, I usually choose McDonalds between the two because the fries are more important to get right. Burgers at McDonalds are serviceable anyways.

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only good thing Burger King had was their Ch'King Sandwich, and it's gone now.

RIP.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It was not always trash.

But fast food has improved tremendously in the last 30 years. BK was unable to keep up.

We are really spoiled in the amount of options and quality we have pretty much everywhere around us. I notice this in both the US and in other countries. Its such a big difference in the amount of options we have for food in the 80s (I don't remember the 70s but I remember going to Europe and UK in the early 80s).

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Burger King's burgers are still delicious. It's everything else that sucks. Their fries are awful now and so is the chicken nuggets.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
Had two veggie burgers the other day and it was fine. Never really had a bad go at our nearest BK, dunno if there's a distinction between CAN snd US BKs or that place is just particularly better than most.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
I think it used to be a lot better, but once in a while I'll still hit them up for a whopper, they still have decent prices too, especially on nuggets.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
It was never good but I'll still eat it over McDs if I had to choose. Luckily in Toronto there is usually an A&W near by which is miles better than both.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Whopper is trash. Burgers with mayo belong in the garbage.

They had the GOAT chicken sandwich for a while, the ch'king, but they discontinued it recently. Their broilers do an acceptable job on cheeseburgers too.

While McD's has the quarter pounder deluxe there isn't much reason to visit other fast food burger shops.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its funny, normally I'd rate Wendy's above both McDs and BK, but I have one near me that is absolutely godawful. I don't know how they make it so bad, but every burger I've ordered there has been an utter mess.

Ultimately though Culver's is still my favorite and I'm glad they're spreading across the US.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Its funny, normally I'd rate Wendy's above both McDs and BK, but I have one near me that is absolutely godawful. I don't know how they make it so bad, but every burger I've ordered there has been an utter mess.

The last two times I went to Wendy's (two different locations far from each other) the food was S tier for fast food. Incredibly hot and fresh, fries super crispy and salted appropriately. And the service was fast and friendly. It really caught me off guard.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
Most of what's on their menu is shit, but god, nobody makes a chilli cheese burger like that over here. I'd stop going there entirely if they got rid of that burger.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Usually when I go the Wendy's the fries are easily the worst part. If they're not bland, then they're dry. BK fries are actually still decent once they cool off.

That said, Wendy's burgers and nuggets are pretty much always fresh and delicious, and they have the best dipping sauce (ghost pepper ranch). The Big Bacon Classic is probably one of the best all-around burgers out there.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I only go there for an impossible whopper, light mayo.

Otherwise it's just a white, creamy mess between my buns.

Viale

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Their pies straight destroy any other fast food place's dessert I can think of personally.

I thought the impossible whoppers were pretty solid.