• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
**If there's a thread that talks more about this then feel free to lock**

At first I thought that the upcoming Smash might be a glorified port over to the Switch...but something small kinda caught my attention that I don't think anyone mentioned before. The fact that Sakurai and co. made not one, but TWO Smash games for two separate systems and managed to not only get them out within a distance of each other, but also with no delays. Now I know both games are essentially the same but to develop for two completely different consoles on top of Nintendo's at the time "noob" foray into HD graphics is quite a testament. Hal/Bandai Namco and Nintendo put these games out relatively quick...and because of this I'm thinking that even with the small break they had in between these games going into this upcoming one, this might add more "evidence" that a totally new installment could very well be likely.

What do you guys think?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team it's kind of a new game is the same way Splatoon 2 was sequel which was technically new but boy did it look and feel alot like Splatoon 1.

Oct 25, 2017
In any case it won't be "just a port".
Smash 4 refers to the 3DS and Wii U games which had roster and gameplay parity.
Smash Switch breaks away from that.

So the conversation should probably be how much different the game will be instead of if it's the same game

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Team it better be at least a Smash 4 port with a new release's worth of content

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'll be like Splatoon 2. It'll add plenty of new stuff and to people who actually play the games it'll feel like a sequel. You'll still get plenty of shitposting about it being a port.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Team it's kind of a new game is the same way Splatoon 2 was sequel which was technically new but boy did it look and feel alot like Splatoon 1.
This

Sm4sh has like 58 characters, no way they're starting from scratch. But I think samurai will insist on giving the game enough new content to justify being called a true sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.