• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Washington/OregonERA: Snowmageddon Coming!

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Apr 24, 2018
I currently live in WA State. Yeah...it's been pretty bad. My good friend slipped on some ice, slammed into his car, and fell the other day. Fortunately he was only just a little sore. My friend heard last hear Fri-Weds, so I guess at least one less day of snow...

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Fuck, I am supposed to fly home to this?
When is your flight?
I currently live in WA State. Yeah...it's been pretty bad. My good friend slipped on some ice, slammed into his car, and fell the other day. Fortunately he was only just a little sore. My friend hard last hear Fri-Weds, so I guess at least one less day of snow...
Well it starts Friday Night

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
In Portland, most of the local stations are still pretty iffy about any significant accumulation here. KGW is claiming 3-4 inches on Saturday (and roughly 5 feet up on Mount Hood) though. People do seem to agree that Seattle is going to be pretty fucked.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
In Portland, most of the local stations are still pretty iffy about any significant accumulation here. KGW is claiming 3-4 inches on Saturday (and roughly 5 feet up on Mount Hood) though. People do seem to agree that Seattle is going to be pretty fucked.
I think the bigger thought is the upcoming week. That photo I shared shows total ground accumulation by next Wednesday, had Portland at 18+ inches

Oct 25, 2017
We were able to get back to school
In the south end after one day off. At this rate the east side will be in school
Into July
We could have gotten back after one day too, but my kid is preK so that age was cancelled, when others had late start. So much time with kids at home. I'll stock up on groceries and gin.

Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Koin is talking about all three of these storms, but everyone seems to agree (including the op blog) that the impacts of the second and third storms are still up in the air, especially the Wednesday storm

Nov 13, 2017
It was bad enough having to drive to Seatac at 5 AM last Monday and dealing with the carnage, but now I'm back and having to hear this?!

Azar

Oct 25, 2017
SFCA
My girlfriend and I have a weekend trip to Seattle scheduled for Friday - Monday, coming up from the Bay Area. It's starting to look reeeeal dicey.

Nov 8, 2017
If anyone was living here for December 1996 event. That was ridiculous
Oh man, my family flew home from Las Vegas...

After an eerie drive (freeways had cars ditched everywhere), we got home and power was out. The grass was a DEEP sheet of ice, it was insane. My 14-year old self couldn't even crack through it!

CAN'T WAIT for this one! Yesterday was fun. This should be even better :D

Mortemis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I’ve been having thoughts about moving to somewhere warmer. Maybe this is a message.

I know we barely get any, but man. Fuck the snow. 14+ inches? The power’s gonna go out isn’t it.

Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Cliff Mass is kind of a local weather celebrity. When he says to stock up on foods, you listen
He's no Harry Wappler with his double Doppler, lol.

I’ve been having thoughts about moving to somewhere warmer. Maybe this is a message.

I know we barely get any, but man. Fuck the snow. 14+ inches? The power’s gonna go out isn’t it.
I'd like to move but not because of snow, the 9 months of rain and the new normal of 1-2 months of wildfire smoke.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Yeah because our snow is wet, then it freezes causing our power lines to get snapped on by breaking branches