• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
My car door was totally frozen. Took a very long time to get my daughter to daycare today. Not too used to this here. Lol

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow morning because I'm running low on a lot of stuff. He's got 18" predicted for Snohomish County.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to move but not because of snow, the 9 months of rain and the new normal of 1-2 months of wildfire smoke.

Yeah, it's not the snow, but it certainly doesn't help want to stay.
Yeah because our snow is wet, then it freezes causing our power lines to get snapped on by breaking branches

That's the thing I'm most scared of. Back in 2012 the snow and freezing rain knocked out our power for a week. Freezing cold weather with no power is horrible.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am tired of walking through grey slurpee and slipping on the ice that keeps melting and re-freezing in my neighborhood (SeaTac.)

There's this sidewalk on the way home from the bus station, along the overpass, that is all ice. Narrow sidewalk bordering Tukwila Intl Blvd, a busy road for sure. When passing someone, I am one slip away from some final destination shit.

Oct 27, 2017
That's the thing I'm most scared of. Back in 2012 the snow and freezing rain knocked out our power for a week. Freezing cold weather with no power is horrible.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might grab some of those presto log things when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. I've never used the fireplace where I currently live but it might be needed.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they are not calling for as bad to happen in the Lower Mainland in BC. Still all it takes here is 5 cm on the road and chaos occurs.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this not hitting eastern WA? I'm not seeing anything crazy in the forecast.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Starting up with a new company next week, so this is going to be interesting. Orientation is set for Monday. 1 inch+ causes all of Portland metro to go in to a panic.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I can make it home on Monday, thank god for a fireplace and gas stove. But really, my house has always been pretty lucky on not losing power. *knock on wood*

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
This weekend isn't supposed to be THAT bad; the Euro model is only predicting 4-6 inches.

It's Monday night-Wed where the less solid prediction of SNOWMAGEDON is supposed to happen.

So those of you hoping to miss work on Monday might be sorely disapointed.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I fly out to Vegas Thursday night. Hopefully Sea-Tac can get it cleared out in time if the snow is stopping Wednesday.

Nov 9, 2017
Is this not hitting eastern WA? I'm not seeing anything crazy in the forecast.
This type of weather is pretty typical annually on the east side so theyre mostly prepared if not better suited and prepared than the west side of the state. I know for sure the southeast is covered in snow but people had delayed starts because of all the ice.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
i hope it won't be that bad or I'll probably run out of food. Can't drive anywhere right now because my hill is still icy.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't look like I'm going to be getting hit too bad.

I don't have my primary cold weather gear after a christmas luggage mixup, so if this really happens I'm gonna have to dip into the b-list.

I was wondering if it was going to snow this year. I still welcome the snow.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Oh boy. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow morning because I'm running low on a lot of stuff. He's got 18" predicted for Snohomish County.
I just got back from QFC after reading this thread. The store was already packed with frantic people, so maybe go sooner than later. I stocked up on some canned goods in case the power goes out. Funny, the canned chicken never seems to run out.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
You have nothing to fear. I will cover myself in mud and defeat the storm with my spear.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
The hills in West Seattle almost killed me the other day. I'm gonna have to go stock up on salt somewhere where it isn't already out of stock.

I drove through the Appalachians about 5 years ago in a Honda Civic during a blizzard and it suuuuucked. Here I saw people unable to get out of their driveways because they end up stopping their car as they go uphill.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Does affect Amtrak buses?

I'm supposed to go from Vancouver, BC to Seattle on Friday and back on Sunday.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
We basically shut down around here on Monday so if this is going to be worse than that, hoo boy. Definitely stopping at the store tomorrow night after work and stocking up.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Fuck snow, it makes my steep driveway a nightmare and dangerous as fuck. I hope everything passes by Longview for the rest of the year.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Does affect Amtrak buses?

I'm supposed to go from Vancouver, BC to Seattle on Friday and back on Sunday.
Call Amtrak i guess to see if they will be running, but if i'm reading it correctly the snow won't be that bad until Saturday morning.

If you come down you might be stuck here for a bit