• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Starting Saturday thru Wednesday.

So Says Cliff Mass:

https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-major-snowstorm-will-hit-region.html?m=1

SDOT, WSDOT, and other local department's of transportation need to get prepared for perhaps the snowiest period since the large snowfall of December 1996, when Seattle received 21 inches. And yes, you might stock up on food before noon on Friday. I certainly am

tumblr_pmj407fQuo1strhqa_1280.png

Apr 24, 2018
I currently live in WA State. Yeah...it's been pretty bad. My good friend slipped on some ice, slammed into his car, and fell the other day. Fortunately he was only just a little sore. My friend heard last hear Fri-Weds, so I guess at least one less day of snow...

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
In Portland, most of the local stations are still pretty iffy about any significant accumulation here. KGW is claiming 3-4 inches on Saturday (and roughly 5 feet up on Mount Hood) though. People do seem to agree that Seattle is going to be pretty fucked.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
In Portland, most of the local stations are still pretty iffy about any significant accumulation here. KGW is claiming 3-4 inches on Saturday (and roughly 5 feet up on Mount Hood) though. People do seem to agree that Seattle is going to be pretty fucked.

I think the bigger thought is the upcoming week. That photo I shared shows total ground accumulation by next Wednesday, had Portland at 18+ inches

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

Koin is talking about all three of these storms, but everyone seems to agree (including the op blog) that the impacts of the second and third storms are still up in the air, especially the Wednesday storm

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
It was bad enough having to drive to Seatac at 5 AM last Monday and dealing with the carnage, but now I'm back and having to hear this?!

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Southern Oregon here. We got about 5 inches of snow a couple days ago but it's been pretty mild since then.

Azar

Oct 25, 2017
SFCA
My girlfriend and I have a weekend trip to Seattle scheduled for Friday - Monday, coming up from the Bay Area. It's starting to look reeeeal dicey.

Nov 8, 2017
If anyone was living here for December 1996 event. That was ridiculous

Oh man, my family flew home from Las Vegas...

After an eerie drive (freeways had cars ditched everywhere), we got home and power was out. The grass was a DEEP sheet of ice, it was insane. My 14-year old self couldn't even crack through it!

CAN'T WAIT for this one! Yesterday was fun. This should be even better :D

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been having thoughts about moving to somewhere warmer. Maybe this is a message.

I know we barely get any, but man. Fuck the snow. 14+ inches? The power's gonna go out isn't it.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Cliff Mass is kind of a local weather celebrity. When he says to stock up on foods, you listen
He's no Harry Wappler with his double Doppler, lol.

I've been having thoughts about moving to somewhere warmer. Maybe this is a message.

I know we barely get any, but man. Fuck the snow. 14+ inches? The power's gonna go out isn't it.
I'd like to move but not because of snow, the 9 months of rain and the new normal of 1-2 months of wildfire smoke.