• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I. Hate. This.

I need to have a bunch of extremely important medical tests done. I do not have time to worry about this garbage. ffs.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
I really hope it's not that bad in Eugene tomorrow. A couple of years ago when the last big batch of snow hit us, it was a pretty miserable few days

I lived in Eugene for the last two big snowstorms in 2013 and 2016. Oregon just isn't ready for anything snow related. I'm about a half hour north of there now, and I'm really hoping our power doesn't go out since I live in an older house with a heat pump.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Cliff Mass says Oregon really joins the party around 1am.

Also, SW Washington/Oregon event for Sunday Night into Monday, and another Washington event for Tuesday lol. Jesus

acsnw_z0sfc_f18%2B%25284%2529.png

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck me, my job won't close for anything short of a power outage.

I miss childhood when snow was exciting and fun, not an overbearing nuisance.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It looked like it was done snowing here earlier, so I cleared off an area on my porch railing. It's snowing again and that area is now covered in a good 1 1/2-2 inches of snow.

Gasman

Dec 3, 2018
Some is snowboarding down my hill right now. Getting close to six inches, might join them here in a minute :)

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It looked like it was done snowing here earlier, so I cleared off an area on my porch railing. It's snowing again and that area is now covered in a good 1 1/2-2 inches of snow.

I know the snow for me started around 12:30 and it went pretty good till about 3pm, but then it kind of warmed up and drizzled for a bit till about 5:30..then since then its just been dumping snow.

Fenrick

Oct 27, 2017
Kent\Covington, WA
Kent\Covington checking in here. Haven't been outside since it started, but looks like a solid 2, maybe 3 ish inches? Hard to tell as the stuff from last Sunday on my lawn never melted. But the snows been off and on, several long and extended snowfalls with some breaks. It's stopped ATM.

Fenrick

Oct 27, 2017
Kent\Covington, WA
Sucks tho. My job is to inspect telcomm poles, only they make me use my own car, so I've been refusing to hit the more icey sections of road. Dunno what I'm gonna do if the snow keeps coming. Driving all day in this sort of weather seems unsafe. Especially along some of the Maple Valley, Black Diamond, and Enumclaw jobs I need to hit up.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing here in SW Portland yet. Still roaming around the 40° mark with rain. The grocery stores were complete madness today though. Winco ran out of grocery carts and the bread, meat, and produce aisles were wiped clean. Whole Foods was in a similar spot to my surprise. It was pretty much a ghost town though at Safeway around 9pm, same scenario with the aisles though. We'll see how it is when waking up in the morning. After dealing with the chaos at the stores today I better see some sort of snow to make up for it.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in the valley in Oregon towards Corvallis. I probably won't get much, nothing that'll stick.

Secretly I think the weather is right but I don't wanna be disappointed.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Kent\Covington checking in here. Haven't been outside since it started, but looks like a solid 2, maybe 3 ish inches? Hard to tell as the stuff from last Sunday on my lawn never melted. But the snows been off and on, several long and extended snowfalls with some breaks. It's stopped ATM.
It's crazy the variation. I'm on East side of Renton and we easily have 8 inches. Hasn't stopped since 12:30.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing here in Portland yet and I'm getting frustrated. Where my snow at.

blaze18

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was supposed to be at work till 6am.supervisor told me to go home early before I get stranded in seattle

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The snow in the spot I cleared has gotten at least another inch deeper since my last report and the snow is still coming down. So... yeah. I wonder what morning will look like.

Gasman

Dec 3, 2018
Wind is definitely a factor now inDes Moines. Its not very strong but its picking up all the powder and a couple times I've looked out my window to close to white out conditions. Hasn't stopped snowing since around noon, easily 7-8 inches.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Not "from the US," no. From the area? Yes. It shouldn't be hard to understand that people are pretty ill-equipped to deal with snowfall the kind that only occurs maybe twice a decade.

What drives the desire for people who come from areas with regular snowfall to make comments about how everyone who lives in completely different areas with different climates should also be just as prepared as them?

Relax.

I was just wondering because from the pictures on Twitter last night I thought it was a sarcastic trend because of how little it was (or looked like) but coming here and asking gave me some context. Too which I was given by all posters but you.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Nothing here in SW Portland yet. Still roaming around the 40° mark with rain. The grocery stores were complete madness today though. Winco ran out of grocery carts and the bread, meat, and produce aisles were wiped clean. Whole Foods was in a similar spot to my surprise. It was pretty much a ghost town though at Safeway around 9pm, same scenario with the aisles though. We'll see how it is when waking up in the morning. After dealing with the chaos at the stores today I better see some sort of snow to make up for it.
Yeah it took me a solid 30 minutes to check out at Fred Meyer, and by the time I left the wait was up to 50 minutes

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The snow is 10 inches deep and still coming down. I got lucky earlier in the week and the snow in my driveway melted before I had to go anywhere. That's not going to happen this time. I don't think I've ever had to shovel snow this deep before.

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
11-12" here in the Olympia/Tumwater area and still coming down! Forecast says it's supposed to clear up for the day but not get above 32° though.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Portland got some snow, but not really much. Apparently Beaverton didn't get any. Boooo.

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Snow just starting to come down in Philomath, right outside of Corvallis. Still hoping this is a whole lot of nothing, but starting to doubt it.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
B9949-BBC-0-EFE-4242-8-F1-B-0-F21837-B49-C8.jpg

Ended up getting a good amount in Green Lake, 5 or 6 inches. Just got done shoveling the sidewalks, it's wet and heavy. Ugh.

Supposed to keep snowing until 11.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
We got about 8 inches in West Seattle. Just got in from shoveling the sidewalks and knocking the snow off the tree branches near the house. A couple just passed the house on skiis.