• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Our bamboo and Japanese maple were slumped over but i shook the snow off and they're mostly ok. Lost one branch.

I've got a Subaru but I'm not driving this weekend.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pure disappointment here in SW Portland. At this point the mass hysteria at the stores yesterday was definitely unwarranted.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SeaTac checking in.

20190209_100724wxk49.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I was shoveling my driveway and my snow shovel broke. I will take this as a lesson to not buy plastic snow shovels in the future. Now I have to either find my other snow shovel or just remain stuck.

I wasn't planning to go anywhere today, but I figured that if I could get most of the snow off the driveway now it would be in better shape for tomorrow, when I might want to go out.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The roads are in much better shape than I thought they would be.
The benefits of having a mayor lose their job over a winter storm. Democracy works, and everybody should always be willing to toss politicians out of office.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
So I know everyone's idea of a lot of snow is different, but my car is under there somewhere and that's a lot to me:
Dy_DccFVAAABeEJ.jpg

Also a tree fell over like four trees down from where I had been parked, so thanks to everyone for the tip.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Supposedly Inslee declared State of Emergency? I don't think it's quite that serious...
It just allows him to bring in more resources and move with things in just a general quicker way.
This is pretty normal thing to do and I don't think it's bad in this situation. When the you have a forecast for snowfall that you haven't seen in 30 years, it's better to be safe than to assume how your infrastructure can handle something you never seen it handle.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loses how crazy it looked in the flesh but with almost zero wind it's obvious a Wendigo is trampling around this tree. Which is about 50 feet tall and quite far up the street.

Usually it's taller than the one behind it and at first I assumed people below it were doing something but I think snow weight got it into a kind of frequency /metronome situation with lot of energy. It went on for ten minutes before I got up to do anything about it or film it. I wouldn't want to be in the house below and I knocked on their door but nobody was home.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It just allows him to bring in more resources and move with things in just a general quicker way.
This is pretty normal thing to do and I don't think it's bad in this situation. When the you have a forecast for snowfall that you haven't seen in 30 years, it's better to be safe than to assume how your infrastructure can handle something you never seen it handle.
Yep. Better to over-prepare than to let your constituency down. While I don't think this will be a crisis, we are pretty ill-prepared for this level of snowfall, and having access to the resources we might need is a good thing.

That said, it's gorgeous out there. Kids on my block are making snowpeople and generally having a blast like kids do. It's sort of nice to be snowed in. Everyone being equally humbled by nature makes folks nicer. Every person I interacted with today was very kind.

It's almost like we are better when we are not complacent.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the 10 day forecast I see 80% chance of snow on Sunday, 90% on Monday, 80% on Tuesday, 40% on Thursday, 40% on Friday, and 30% next Sunday.
If this keeps up my kids will be in school until July.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Up here around Killingsworth and MLK there's not much snow at all right now. Considering just going out to eat.

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good amount of snow in Kenmore, had to dig out the car before I could get anywhere. The main roads are largely fine as long as you take it easy and don't rush things.

Dopsi

Oct 30, 2017
Portland is depressing, Monday was at least something compared to last night lol

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the city is on a rocky hill. Fife and the tide flats will be washed away.

Danger cities will
Include Sumner, Orting and Puyallup

Orting is built on an old Lahar. The weird river valley rocks that look like a fallen temple are near there and formed by gravity averaging out where like sized boulders landed then got pushed and stacked by rivers.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Orting is built on an old Lahar. The weird river valley rocks that look like a fallen temple are near there and formed by gravity averaging out where like sized boulders landed then got pushed and stacked by rivers.

The biggest problem for orting is there is literally only one major way in and out. They are teaching school kids to walk up the hill

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm already in a 4000 person power outage. Thankfully it's daytime and we had a great waffle breakfast before now. It won't be too long, so no drastic changes for today. I got my whole area shoveled and am weighing cleaning out the street area to my driveway. The family is playing and having a blast.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Drove to the grocery store (NE Seattle), all stores/shops/coffee shops were open that I saw on the way. The main roads were bare and wet in the driving lanes.

Error_404

Nov 12, 2017
Basically nothing where I live, snowed an inch or two and then melted away by 10:00, it may not even snow more, just rain

Kinda sucks, I wanted a few inches since it normally looks nice for a day or two

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Power in westside Olympia was out all morning. Just came back on about an hour ago.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I don't know. No snow at all makes all the shopping chaos in Portland a bit silly in retrospect, but I'll take feeling silly over what some of our Washington neighbors are going through. Good luck, guys and ladies.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Plumetting temps tonight are going to be the real nightmare; snow like this isn't hard to drive in with the right vehicle.