• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Snowing hard in pioneer square right now. It looks like a blizzard out there. Stay safe yall

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it's snowing everywhere.

I'm more scared of the freezing rain tomorrow. That fucked us up and knocked out power for days back in 2012.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup quite serious flurries here in Wallyhood with bigger flakes than the initial batch. That said there were little windows of sunlight ten minutes ago so I expect changeable.

I was driving her car and basically every user responsibility light from tire pressure to oil change is lit up like a pinball machine and making all the right tilt noises

So I just had my fifth "calm voice" explanation in twenty years -- to Mrs Stinkles about why driving with no windshield wiper fluid isn't a purely aesthetic choice. I once had to make her a temporary emergency batch from half a bottle Crystal Geyser, snow melted in a salad bowl on the radiator, a stolen hotel body wash and half a bottle of belvedere when she ran out on the Blewitt pass.

She thinks of cars as a completely sealed system like an Apple TV or a bike computer. Literally didn't know where the hood release was.

Edit. Winds howling! /geralt

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Easily more than a new inch of snow here. I swept off the stairs as I was going out to check the driveway and had to sweep them off again as I was going back up.

Last edited:

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So I just had my fifth "calm voice" explanation in twenty years -- to Mrs Stinkles about why driving with no windshield wiper fluid isn't a purely aesthetic choice. I once had to make her a temporary emergency batch from half a bottle Crystal Geyser, snow melted in a salad bowl on the radiator, a stolen hotel body wash and half a bottle of belvedere when she ran out on the Blewitt pass.
lmao, love this haha

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Seattle closed early, so glad we won't get a 5am call.

It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow, she is not thrilled about no school and being stuck at home.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
About an inch already in NE Seattle, coming down too.
Seattle closed early, so glad we won't get a 5am call.
I checked online about 3pm and they had canceled already. My daughter is Pre-K so even a Seattle SD 2 hour delay cancels their school (not worth it at that point when it's normally 4 hours long). She only had Thursday and Friday last week, likely to be the same this week it looks.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This uh... Half to one inch on Sunday night sure is enthusiastic.

vHhzeqb.jpg

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been snowing since around 3 p.m. over here on the Eastside. Been coming down hard for over an hour now, too.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Coming back from a boarding day in Crystal mountain. Holy blizzard in Seattle.

I-5 passing west Seattle Bridge, it's pretty covered up

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Could've used some of that snow down here in the Portland metro...

Not in the mood to go into work.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I just got back from taking the dog for a walk, 2.25" new on my car, didn't check the ground. I went in the backyard to shake of some trees and it's probably 9-10" total back there, damn yo.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Wunderground forecasted 5 to 8 inches tonight and likely another 5-8 inches tomorrow. Yikeesss

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really dumping now by Tacoma

Looks like the snow is getting wetter, but at this point there's no way work is happening properly tomorrow and I NEED to get to the office. Further, a lot of folks are supposed to be traveling this week for a conference and I am scared to look at flights...

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Been solidly snowing all day in Vancouver, BC. Tomorrow's commute is going to be a gong show

Seems like we're getting more tomorrow night into Tuesday morning

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The forecasters can't seem to agree where the rain/snow line will be. If it will
Be north of Everett or North of Tacoma.
4-12 inches tomorrow, on the less end is for areas that change to rain/sleet sooner. Areas like Bellingham etc supposed to get 12 inches I believe.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
its not going to be fun waiting at 7 am tomorrow morning outside my workplace hoping a manager shows up on time...

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
The forecasters can't seem to agree where the rain/snow line will be. If it will
Be north of Everett or North of Tacoma.
4-12 inches tomorrow, on the less end is for areas that change to rain/sleet sooner. Areas like Bellingham etc supposed to get 12 inches I believe.
Yikes, half my office won't be showing up if that is the case.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Bham finally getting that snow! Almost died driving home because hills. Great excuse not to go to work tomorrow lmao.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I went outside and started shoveling the sidewalks around 8pm and there was a gigantic blue flash that lit up the sky, so I'm guessing a transformer blew. Then after that staring south toward the Univesity and downtown I saw thick black smoke swirling above I-5 from my patio (I'm at 68th NE). The whole time I was out there shoveling the smoke continued but we never lost power and I don't see any mention of it on Twitter. Anyone?

Also, heavy rain for a few minutes after the snow stopped and before the temperature dropped again. Gonna have some ice on top of snow in the morning now.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, weather forecasters were totally incorrect about this hitting hard in oregon. Absolutely nothing here in eugene and all the snow forecasted has been replaced by rain and above freezing temps.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I just went out and shoveled my drive. It seems to have stopped snowing in Bothell/Woodinville. It was just kinda lightly raining/sleeting, nothing that I was concerned about. It was also kinda warmer out than I thought it'd be. Hopefully it just stays like this all night.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just went out and shoveled my drive. It seems to have stopped snowing in Bothell/Woodinville. It was just kinda lightly raining/sleeting, nothing that I was concerned about. It was also kinda warmer out than I thought it'd be. Hopefully it just stays like this all night.

So weird how micro climate this is. I'm maybe six or seven miles as the crow flies, same altitude... And our shitty old uninsulated house is FREEZING. As cold as I remember it.

cK7DkCn.jpg

El Goom

Oct 27, 2017
Its snowing in Vegas. VEGAS. Granted nowhere near as much as Washington/Oregon, but holy shit this is like a once and a lifetime thing here!

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017

Someone translate this for me lol. Is he saying it's just going to be normal rain tomorrow? (as opposed to freezing rain).

Latest GFS snow map for Monday-Tuesday storm -- looking like the warm sector will reach right up to Downtown Seattle for mainly rain Seattle south/heavy snow Seattle north (espec. above few hundred feet) #WASnow