• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I will gladly accept slush, even if I still walk to work in it. Slid down some concrete stairs yesterday due to ice, not looking for a repeat performance of that.

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Another 6" don here in the Olympia/Tumwater area. Supposed to keep snowing until around 4 and then turn to rain. Just in time to freeze overnight and really mess with the roads.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Snowing again in North Seattle. Very curious to see what the day brings.

Also, clear your street's storm drains. With the potential of warming temperatures and rain it's important that they're exposed and open.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in North Seattle about 200 ft above sea level so I might be victim of Frost Giants or beneficiary of the rain God.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Down here in SW Portland, Oregon we were promised a bunch of snow and we got NOTHING >:(

I was excited to get a long weekend, and I was ROBBED of it

Goddamn weather forecasters :(
Come on, 40 degrees and raining non-stop for a week is just as good as a light dusting of snow that shuts down the entire city.... yeah, that shit sucked. The NWS is still issuing alerts that claim that we might get 6 inches of snow overnight, or possibly nothing, because how the fuck would they know?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like (although the forecast is tricky) the seattle area isn't getting more than 1-2 inches of snow, which won't really matter since it will get washed away in the rain/warm temps. Temperatures too warm. Booooo

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Snowing again here. Supposed to be another 4-8 inches.

Last edited:

D23

Oct 25, 2017
Snowing again in Pioneer Square- not expecting much though. It's been a good run! back to the regular PNW weather after this im sure.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Come on, 40 degrees and raining non-stop for a week is just as good as a light dusting of snow that shuts down the entire city.... yeah, that shit sucked. The NWS is still issuing alerts that claim that we might get 6 inches of snow overnight, or possibly nothing, because how the fuck would they know?
Yeah, it's clear they don't have a good grasp of things, the forecasts are making big swings all over the place like every couple hours.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Been snowing lightly about all morning by Tacoma. Have a few inches more since yesterday afternoon

Plz help, send rain

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's clear they don't have a good grasp of things, the forecasts are making big swings all over the place like every couple hours.
Yeah but the most generic safe bet you can make is the metro area will be getting rain and its going to get slushy. It's just a matter of how much snow comes beforehand.

If you live further north or higher elevation then you probably are in limbo. Could get another 6 inches, could get it all swept away, or something in between.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Been lightly snowing in West Seattle again for at least twenty minutes, and I only know that because I heard the loud groan from my wife upstairs when it started up again.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Been lightly snowing in Shoreline for a while; you have to go outside to notice it everything is so covered in snow here need sunglasses to look outside.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Been snowing lightly in Kent all morning but it has been steadily increasing in size and volume for the last 30 minutes. Got an email from a local business I patronize essentially reading "they plowed the main roads, please go shopping!" This must be hitting them hard.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Spokane (eastern WA) we got another five inches overnight and another storm is expected tonight. Cumulative from the last day or so is around a foot.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
So, is rain good? Will it be warm enough to melt the snow and ice preventing me from leaving my neighborhood?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does this area do with excess water? Only been here a month. You would think because it rains here all the time it would be fine but it never really downpours.

Can there be flooding from a lot of snow melt?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
How does this area do with excess water? Only been here a month. You would think because it rains here all the time it would be fine but it never really downpours.

We've had urban flooding issues from snowmelt. Make sure your drains are clear and there is a path for the water to follow.

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the weather hasn't made up its mind on weather this is gonna be rain or snow. Full-on snow right now in Roosevelt/Ravenna but it doesn't look like it's sticking.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really jealous of the blizzard-like conditions some of you had. Winter without snow is not winter.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
The snow is crazy right now. I wonder if it will really turn to rain in a few hours, or if the warm air won't make it?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Snow melt can be bad because of the sudden volumes but also storm drains being full of snow or ice too. Clean em if you got em.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snow melt can be bad because of the sudden volumes but also storm drains being full of snow or ice too. Clean em if you got em.
Will do

It was always done for us by the city (Boston) but I learned the hard way this region doesn't exactly do much in the way of winter prep and maintenance

D23

Oct 25, 2017
its snowing hard again in downtown.. i dont even know whats going on anymore!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the weather hasn't made up its mind on weather this is gonna be rain or snow. Full-on snow right now in Roosevelt/Ravenna but it doesn't look like it's sticking.

This is blowing my mind in terms of the micro effects like when DistantMantra was getting light wet not sticking and we, a mile away had two inches of powder. It's very thick and sticking - right now - my car has an inch of fresh powder from totally clean an hour or so ago.

Alexa says it is up to 38 degrees but I'm not sure what the afternoon holds. About ten of my colleagues are headed to Vegas today and looks like most of them made it which is good. Hopefully the same for my flight tomorrow. But if I had to guess looking outside I'd think I was crazy!

I got into and out of Redmond this morning at 65mph both directions - just icy snow on the non arterials but Redmond itself seemed partially crippled.

And while I remember: RANT - yes people should drive slower and keep an eye on conditions but cruising in the middle lane of the 520 with clear conditions and no ice at literally 25mph is NOT SAFE.

Guy driving a black Celica almost caused a pile up at about 9am on the approach to the 405. That sort of driver terrifies me. Prevailing speed was about 60mph and thank God traffic was minimal.

I know two people like that in real life and neither of them should ever have passed a driving test. Both of them avoid the freeway at all costs if they can help it. Both of them are otherwise good people but the skill required to get a driver's license in the US would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous. They're both terrified of driving - both have atrocious instincts and sense of direction /awareness and both drive almost every day.

I won't let my daughter in their cars. Ever.

Last edited:

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
its snowing hard again in downtown.. i dont even know whats going on anymore!

Neither do the weather people apparently. Update from KOMO:

Current Warnings/Advisories as of 2:55 p.m.

• Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue Metro area: Winter Weather Advisory until 8 p.m. today for 1-3" of snow and change to rain in late afternoon.
  • Everett/Snohomish County, Skagit Co., San Juans, Cascade Foothills, Sekiu area: Winter Storm Warning until 6.a.m Tuesday for 3-9"of snow (less along Everett shorelines)
  • Western Whatcom County: Winter Storm Warning until 6 p.m. Tuesday for 5-8" of snow
  • Hood Canal: Winter Storm Warning until 4 a.m. for 2-8" of additional snow
  • Olympic Peninsula: Winter Weather Advisory until 8 p.m. Monday for 2-3" of new snow
  • Olympia area & North Coast: Winter Weather Advisory until 7 p.m. for 1-3" of new snow on top of what's fallen.
  • Central Coast: Advisory to expire at 4 p.m. as changeover to rain underway.
  • Chehalis Valley: All snow advisories canceled