• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
This is blowing my mind like when DistantMantra was getting light wet not sticking and we, a mile away had two inches of powder. It's very thick and sticking - my car has an inch of fresh powder from totally clean an hour or so ago.

Alexa says it is up to 38 degrees but I'm not sure what the afternoon holds. About ten of my colleagues are headed to Vegas today and looks like most of them made it which is good. Hopefully the same for my flight tomorrow. But if I had to guess looking outside I'd think I was crazy?

It's been heavy and sticking here for a while now. My daughter wants to go to Din Tai Fung for birthday dinner but I have no idea at this point.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Shoveled the walkway up to the house and cleaned out the downspout areas, turned around and walkway covered in snow again.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Still snowing pretty hard here. It's a wet snow, now. Most of what we'd gotten up until now had been a dry powder.

Last edited:

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
East Renton has been snowing like crazy since about 10am. No rain mix. Probably got an additional 2-3 inches today. Kent School District just called it for tomorrow.

As a teacher, I have taught 2 full days in the month of February, and next week is the week long mid Winter-break...

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
I love snow so much. I wonder if/when UW makes the call to open or close. Want to know if I have to work tomorrow.

Haven't actually been outside since this morning - can anyone around 98115 tell me if it's actual snow or just becoming slush?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to go ahead and say that the "half an inch turning to rain " was wrong. Probably dumped as much snow today as it did the first day of the snocalypse and the temperature is dropping. I saw a few signs of melting despite the fluff - but if it drops another couple of degrees it's not going to melt today.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm still at work in Bellevue... I think I'm just gonna have to wait it out and stay late like I was planning on anyway. As long as the freeways are clear, I can make it up to Woodinville without much issue.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm going to go ahead and say that the "half an inch turning to rain " was wrong. Probably dumped as much snow today as it did the first day of the snocalypse and the temperature is dropping. I saw a few signs of melting despite the fluff - but if it drops another couple of degrees it's not going to melt today.
We've got 3/4" - 1" in the last hour alone. Weather.com and iphone weather app did say rain at 5pm, now it's 6pm.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at my weather app they have snow with a 80% to 95% chance for every hour from now until 8 AM tomorrow and then tapering off from there with rain at noon.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
About to reach "full chair" status

3vrPrnd.jpg

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was raining for a bit, went back to large snow, and now it's more of a mix.

Just fully rain dammit.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love snow so much. I wonder if/when UW makes the call to open or close. Want to know if I have to work tomorrow.

Haven't actually been outside since this morning - can anyone around 98115 tell me if it's actual snow or just becoming slush?

Ah, the blessing and curse of working from home. Even if work closes, my job carries on. Although, a couple of times they've even let the remote workers have the day off when everyone else does.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snowed heavily for hours out here and is now raining/sleeting, but it looks like temps are going to drop later tonight for more snow and freezing. Well over a foot of accumulated snow outside right now.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's also concerning to me that the schools haven't made a call yet - technically my daughter is going to school as normal tomorrow - even though it's lousy with Wendigos and steaming Tauntaun carcasses outside.

Snow that's dumping right now looks wetter though at last.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
The iPhone app now claims it is raining in Seattle. That is definitely not the case in the part of Capitol Hill I'm in (which granted, is a higher elevation).

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Schools finally called it. And it's normal blizzard again.

That is most definitely not rain.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Two of my friends on two separate flights inbound to Seattle just got diverted to Denver.
I don't see reporting on that yet, but it seems like seatac is not taking more flights right now.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Been home all day and hearing it's about to turn into rain since 11AM, still snowing. I'll believe it's gonna turn to rain when I see it at this point.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Very heavy rain in Issaquah now. Hoping for no power outages... lights have flickered a couple times..

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Lights flickered here a few times earlier in the day, but nothing recent, so hopefully we'll make it through without power loss. I checked a few minutes ago and we've either still got full snow or a rain/snow mix.