• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
It rained hard as fuck last night and completely washed all the stupid snow off my driveway and mostly from my yard.

Thank you, rain.

I wish we got that where I'm at in SnoCo, some rain but not nearly enough to clear away the crud. Had to borrow a neighbor's shovel to get my car out it was so high, that's a first for me living in this area! Managed to get out and was surprised how much stuff was still closed. Local McDs was only open for drive thru and the mall was shut down entirely save for Sears. I don't know what's keeping that location alive there's never anyone in it lol.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Literally just checking Seattle school website...nothing on it. Shocked not shocked. They're probably in the process of updating it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got the text a minute ago it's closed. Thankfully this gives me tons of time to arrange daycare right?

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. No school again. Kids will never go back.
This is so crap. The southend will have two days+ with no snow by tomorrow. And it's not even a delay, full closure. I've shoveled my walk, I did my part. At least the Y was open today for some normalcy/break.
Yep, Seattle just canceled. Guess we're going to Lego Movie 2 tomorrow.
But we already did that!

When I was a kid I would have been ecstatic for a break this long, but this just seems so uncalled for. My break has been extra because the school can cancel PreK apart from the rest of school, and they have, oh yes they have.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My daughter wants to go back to school and see her friends. Her birthday was yesterday so she also wants to hand out treats. I really hope they're open Thursday.

It's easy for all of us to criticize school closures, but I knew the transportation director at the district I worked in and they have a lot of factors to consider when making the call. Sure I can get my kid to school but the district isn't all flat like my neighborhood is. It's not as simple as we think it is.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like how much school has been closed the last two weeks but it isn't the school district's fault. It really is too difficult to get kids to school here.
Still sucks, though.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like how much school has been closed the last two weeks but it isn't the school district's fault. It really is too difficult to get kids to school here.
Still sucks, though.

Rich -ass spoiled luxury teachers!

(Anti teacher political messaging is one of the most disgustingly evil things ever and crowds CHEER this. Cartoonish evil.)

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Ugh, daughter is off again then (Pre-K).

I have earned a trophy: >$100/day for the month...for preschool. I'm not blaming anyone (weather how can you) but damn.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Some snow from some clothing (might've been mine, might've been my passenger's) got into my car today and got my car's USB port wet. Now it doesn't recognize when there's a USB stick in it. Took the stick out so they could both dry. I really hope that's all it takes to fix the situation. I'd hate to have to actually listen to the radio.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I had a meeting tonight and dropped a team member off on the way home. She lives up on Queen Anne Hill, they've got a ton of snow up there and the side roads looked horrible.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So, now as it seems like we might be seeing the light st the end of the tunnel, did the storm live up to the hype? I know some areas had less impact, while others had more.

For us, it absolutely did, we were blocked into our home for several days, had about 18+ inches of snow total by the end and spent hours shoveling snow and icing.

We fared much better than many, who lost power for days

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, we got about a foot, and never lost power. Some downed branches we'll have to clean up at some point, but didn't lose power, and it's rapidly melting. So, all in all, kind of a weak snowpocalypse for me, tho I feel sorry for people who lost power. (I lost power for 5 days in 1996, and that was my worst fear for this snow storm)

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver was great. I got to see all the idiots slide around. 2 cars were swipes in front of my apartment. Watching the madness unfold was great from my snuggie.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
We got more snow than I can recall us ever getting before. I've cleared enough of the driveway that I can get out, but there are still more cars that need a path.

We were extremely fortunate and didn't lose power (at least not for more than a minute - we woke to blinking clocks one morning but the time they had was correct).

Then again, my mother owns a second property that's a bit off the beaten path and is currently unoccupied. It's surrounded by trees. There's no chance that I'll be able to check on it before the snow melts. I did what I could to protect it before the storm hit, but it's not like there was anything I could do to stop trees from falling on it. It will be interesting to see how it fared.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham snowed over a couple times. It was always relatively minor, up until the last few days. I haven't had class in a week thanks to the absurd amount of snowfall. We were supposed to have a late start today, but nope, not even.

I'm amazed WWU is open tomorrow, considering my entire porch and driveway just froze over with ice. All the snow that was melting today? An honorary glossy deathtrap.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just so tired of being afraid of not being able to get to my home, having to depend on others, on snow melting and turning to ice or rain that freezes into ice. I'm tired of trees knocking out the power (four separate times).

I never want to see a series of storms like this again and I hope the worst is over.

I now fully expect a frost giant from Norse mythology to summon in my driveway and just cover everything for daring to say that.