• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The ride never ends.

MT5TG7RJU4I6TGCNTOH3UAB6QE.png

Washington Post said:
Warren has been trying for the past year to get past the lingering controversy over her past assertion that she is Native American.

In addition to the DNA test, she released employment documents over the summer to show she didn't use ethnicity to further her career. And in a speech a year ago she addressed her decision to call herself a Native American, though she didn't offer the apology that some wanted at the time.

But as Warren undergoes increased scrutiny as a presidential candidate, additional documents could surface to keep the issue alive.

Using an open records request during a general inquiry, for example, The Post obtained Warren's registration card for the State Bar of Texas, providing a previously undisclosed example of Warren identifying as an "American Indian."

Warren filled out the card by hand in neat blue ink and signed it. Dated April 1986, it is the first document to surface showing Warren making the claim in her own handwriting. Her office didn't dispute its authenticity.

While this may seem redundant at this point, there's just no escaping this for her.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
She's delusional about this. I can't imagine she survives the primary.

Oct 25, 2017
She wasn't going to survive the primaries regardless but if you're so dumb that trump can trap you then you can't be fit for the presidency

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Warren was cool when she was the only woman other than Clinton who was flirting with the Presidency. Now that 500 women are running she is a afterthought.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh now we're finally getting back to normal where inconsequential shit in a politician's past completely sinks their campaigns. Smells like a binder full of women again.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
This whole thing just keeps getting dumber.

Ahh now we're finally getting back to normal where inconsequential shit in a politician's past completely sinks their campaigns. Smells like a binder full of women again.

Inconsequential? She's an obviously-white woman who claimed to be of another race, and partially still does. No one can survive something like this on a national level politically. This is not "binders of women" or Howard Dean's scream. This is actually really bad.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I hate to admit it but Trump's nickname for her is actually kind of clever and perfectly fits the absurd situation. You just can't justify this shit from any perspective...

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing. The thing that took the wind from this, and her common explanation, that I was mostly okay with, was that she never actually used her assumed Native America history in any official way, or in an attempt to game anything. This does make that excuse a little harder to buy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would be disappointed if there are already better candidates now and coming

Status
Not open for further replies.