• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I mean as long as it is done by licensed and regulated companies and not people chucking grandma in the backyard with some orange peels and people aren't trying to sale food grown in the product
Nothing would make me happier on my deathbed knowing I would be fertilising tomatoes in the afterlife.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I always wanted to be burried in a cotton cloth so i would wind up like that naturally anyway.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
As a "death libertarian" (as Caitlin Doughty would say) I am pleased to see options for how folks wish to have their remains processed expanding. More green burial options are always good.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean as long as it is done by licensed and regulated companies and not people chucking grandma in the backyard with some orange peels and people aren't trying to sale food grown in the product

Why does this matter?

I definitely think this should be the only way we treat dead bodies. Use cemetery land to build apartment buildings and recreation centers.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I'm getting flashback's to Mufasa's circle of life speech. I want to become grass and be eaten by antelope, dammit!

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Graveyards are a big environmental problem, no joke. I'd say this is a step in the right direction, not only to make people aware that it's an option, but especially when people who did want to dispose of their remains in this way weren't even allowed to do so in the first place.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I told my fiancee that this is what I want. I don't want to rot in a wooden box, I want what's left of me to go back to nature.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Not that great idea for health reason IF the compost is used afterward in farm or gardens. This greatly increase the risk of certain type of parasitic diseases. If it's used in forested area then not a big deal.

I compost plants material myself and I would not use compost made of animal parts unless it's heated to high enough temperature to kill pathogens.
My thoughts as well. There's gonna need to be some heavy regulation going on here.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
30 days doesn't seem like a whole lot of time to decompose a whole body. Does that include bones?

This post has been flagged by the FBI.