• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the new trailer, haven't seen any thread about it:

I've got a chance to play the gamescom demo and I must say that this was one of the best experiences of this convention. It really feels more polished and playable right now than Wasteland 2 felt at launch, which is a good sign. Visuals are great and we have full voice acting which is cool. Animations during combat are also nice. There's this cool atmosphere thanks to the snowy locations.

Managing your equipment is more comfortable and intuitive, there are some amazing weapons and gear (like cool plazma rifles or helms like straight from Big Daddy's head). There are many options during dialogues and many require specific attribute at certain level to choose it. Also, cinematic dialogues (during more important missions) are very nice addition.

I seriously can't wait for the release now and I must say that as much as I enjoyed Cyberpunk presentation, Wasteland 3 feels like a better RPG, especially dialogue-wise.

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
I've yet to play Wasteland 2 but I'm glad its promising!
Will it be on the PC gamepass day one?

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I seriously can't wait for the release now and I must say that as much as I enjoyed Cyberpunk presentation, Wasteland 3 feels like a better RPG, especially dialogue-wise.

Are they still using the same dialogue system from Wasteland 2? I loved the game but having to select keywords instead of full dialogue options didn't make for an engrossing RPG experience at all.

This does look much improved so far though, and the impressions from the press appear to be overwhelmingly positive.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Bought at launch, installed, yet never played WL2 beyond the intro section. I really should do something about that one of these years.

OP
OP
Potterson

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Are they still using the same dialogue system from Wasteland 2? I loved the game but having to select keywords instead of full dialogue options didn't make for an engrossing RPG experience at all.

Nope, in this demo the dialogue system was very traditional, like in old Fallouts or New Vegas.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I already know I'm getting the game so there isn't a such thing as a bad trailer for me. After wasteland 2 I am convinced.

The icing on the cake is that I did the free gamepass glitch and I'm getting this for free!!!!

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the all snowy climate. I hope it makes for a compelling survival adventure like the desert did. I imagine hypothermia will play some sort of role instead of dehydration.

I also hope shotguns get some kinda buff because man it was hard near the second half of the last game to do real damage with them.

OP
OP
Potterson

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I'm slightly worried about is the all snowy climate. I hope it makes for a compelling survival adventure like the desert did. I imagine hypothermia will play some sort of role instead of dehydration.

I also hope shotguns get some kinda buff because man it was hard near the second half of the last game to do real damage with them.

I've asked and got the response that there are some non-snowy locations. Not sure if they counted like underground locations, which of course won't be snowy.

And shotguns are very powerful. But I feel like they made the demo quite easy.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Inject it into my veins.

Nope, in this demo the dialogue system was very traditional, like in old Fallouts or New Vegas.
I'm glad they changed it. I get that they were trying to please old Wasteland fans in W2 and that's why they used it, but being honest it always felt too archaic and it was time to use a more modern system.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Absolutely loved Wasteland 2 and can't wait to play this. Would have bought it but I'll take it for free on Game Pass, thank you kindly.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
We actually had two threads on the game that I've seen around Gamescom, but no worries :P It deserves every single one of them!

I think I now get what inXile has said about punching above your own weight. They made good RPGs before, but at the same time faced a lack in resources and it resulted in certain design constraints. It seems absolutely to be a good decision for inXile to join Xbox Games Studios. Wasteland 3 looks better and better with each trailer. Can't wait to see the studio's unannounced IP as well.

I loved Fallout but have never played Wasteland. I'm a bit unsure whether I should wait for the upcoming Wasteland 1 remaster, hop onto Wasteland 2 right away or just wait for 3. I think I'll definitely play 2 at least though. It's a similair problem with the older Bard's Tale games and then IV releasing in a couple of days.