• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
wasteland-3.jpg

326-cover-800h.jpg

www.gameinformer.com

Cover Reveal – Wasteland 3

We have a wealth of new details on inXile's upcoming post-apocalyptic, tactical RPG.

Game looks so much better graphics wise compared to Wasteland 2

Nov 23, 2018
GAMEPLAY

This is the best way to really see what a game's about (outside of being able to actually play, of course).

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the few games I've been looking forward to this year, and should keep me occupied for the weeks leading up to Cyberpunk.

edit: Nerd Stuff and Sneaky Shit are new skills lol.

Last edited:

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Wasteland 2 I thought was quite a good game (after the updated version at least), though I seem to rarely think about it much amid the Isometric WRPG revival. I sometimes forget a third one is coming out at all, but I hope it's a nice surprise when it releases.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
They say they made it play like old xcom but it looks like new xcom. Also, I'm sick of every game being new xcom. The whole genre is starting to feel so samey.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I hope this will prove to be InXile's masterpiece. I feel like their output has been a bit mediocre - serviceable games, for sure, but never really groundbreaking. Torment was especially a disappointment but I still haven't gotten around to finish it.

Also sad that this is Unity. They didn't fare too well with that engine with WL2 and Torment. But I'm hoping for the best!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Look way better than that awful video from last year with a narrator.

But i miss the desert land, it feel less like a wasteland/fallout than a rpg/xcom

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great. I couldn't get into Wasteland 2 at all, but I'm really looking forward to this. The nuclear winter stuff is much more interesting to me than the desert and it looks like the UI, gameplay etc. have been streamlined and polished quite a bit from 2.

Also sad that this is Unity. They didn't fare too well with that engine with WL2 and Torment. But I'm hoping for the best!

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating. People keep telling me Unity has gotten better over the years, but even new Unity games still give me a janky, slow, cumbersome vibe.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
The combat looks a million times smoother than WL2. I never really got into WL2 because its UI did not fit console well and I was constantly fighting against it. This UI is much cleaner and should fit well on both console and PC.