• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
When he's moving it around I can just imagine Gordon Ramsey there like "You move that steak one more fucking time I'm gonna shove it up your arse. Let, it, fucking, cook."

Oct 27, 2017
I know people hate but I can't lie DJ Khaleds continous overconfidence routine hits me right in the funny bone a lot of the time when he's not being a raging misogynist. If only he was a decent person behind all of the bravado I'd totally fuck with him.

Tremis

Oct 29, 2017
Hahaha, remember when Salt Bae served the president of Venezuela while his countrymen starved?

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this shit is hilarious only because the Salt Bae does this kind of stuff... and it takes someone more delusional like DJ Khaled to outdo him while also serving him said food LOL.

"No eyes"... promptly looks back and starts cutting because he has no clue how to hold his hand properly and safely...

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LEAVE IT ALONE LEAVE IT ALONE

I bet this is at Salt Bae and he puts ketchup on it later after heating it up in the microwave.

EDIT OF COURSE IT'S AT SALT BAE, THE SPIDERWEB NECK TATTOO OF FOOD. ( clicked on the quoted link and didn't see the youtube file name)

This is like watching one of those monstrous bastards crush animals in high heels, only I never actually clicked on one of those to see if they really do that.

My Steak Method is the tried and true 2:2:2- this looks like a lot of steps but it only take about fifteen minutes from start to resting.

1. Remove steak from fridge an hour before you cook. You want it up to near room temp. Or at least not chilled.
  2. Preheat oven (or closed grill) to 500 degrees (convection if you have it)
  3. Heat cast iron or oven safe good quality pan till water drop leaps and dances as it evaporates rapidly.
  4. Brush both sides of steak with light amount of peanut (or high smoke point oil with no strong flavor) oil. I just pour a little on a paper towel and blot it on.
  5. Salt and fresh ground pepper (pepper does NOT burn and ruin the steak that's some BS or they're putting too much on)
  6. Sear for two minutes on one side. DO NOT MESS WITH IT KHALED STYLE. LEAVE IT BE.
  7. Flip, sear other side for two minutes.
  8. Immediately place pan in oven or if you grilled it, the top shelf of the closed grill for a final two minutes.

Remove from oven, and pan, and rest steak on a cutting board with a fluted border for draining or better yet, a wire rack above a large shallow bowl. This will allow the steak to release myoglobin (it is NOT blood it's a protein that carries oxygen and is the reason steak is red - and it contains steak magic - the longer you cook, the greyer steak becomes because you're destroying steak magic!) If you like, you can place a pat of butter at this stage, some people do that for the last couple of minutes in the oven, but I find the butter melts immediately and is lost to the pan, so I only do that if I'm making a sauce from the fond - directions below.

If you made a high quality steak - ribeye or NY strip or similar - you're golden. If you bought a cheap cut of steak, make sure as you slice it, to slice against the grain of the meat. This will make each bit more tender as the long fibers have been compromised by debundling them. Like cutting a ribbon from a bundle of scrolls.

If you want to make a sauce, use the pan immediately after you rest the steak (careful as the handle will be burning hot) - there are dozens of methods, but I dump a large blob of butter and the drained myoglobin (unnecessary but waste not want not...), over a medium flame (pan still very hot) scraping up caramelized steak fond from the pan with a wooden spatula. The butter will melt more or less immediately and I add a tablespoon of flour (this isn't necessary tbh) or a teaspoon of potato starch (Reds brand, sometimes in baking, but bizarrely sometimes in weirdo organic section) and let it cook until it's golden but not burned, then I add cream, then I grind a LOT of fresh pepper (I like the colorful blends because they have a lot of flavors but in a tight range) and sometimes a little squeeze of crushed garlic near the end - and just a pinch of kosher salt. Stir to blend, cook another minute and serve over your rested steak or on the side. You can thin with more cream or beef stock.

YUMMY.

Edit: Wait - the salt guy is famous? He has a restaurant? When did this happen????

Dec 31, 2017
R-7991814-1453059388-2992.jpeg.jpg

Oh my god I'm fucking dying LMAO

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Why is DJ Khaled famous in the first place? I thought his whole status was just buoyed by memes, but he seems to have celeb money.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
????? what the fuck did salt bae do to get that kind of reaction on the first page?
I have literally heard nothing bad about him

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
He blew up HUGE a year or two ago and then I think got canceled or had some sort of scandal but since I can't remember it's unfair to suggest any malfeasance on his part.

????? what the fuck did salt bae do to get that kind of reaction on the first page?

As far as I know, Nicolas Maduro, the President of Venezuela visited his restaurant in Turkey and was served by him personally.

His restaurant in Miami could burn down and i would be quite fine with that.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

As far as I know, Nicolas Maduro, the President of Venezuela visited his restaurant in Turkey and was served by him personally.

His restaurant in Miami could burn down and i would be quite fine with that.

I mean, sure, but I don't think a certain group of people have ever cared for salt bae from pretty much the moment they first saw the video of him sprinkling salt through his arm hairs as they landed on an expensive steak. Combine that with internet ubiquity and an image that makes him seem like a self-aggrandizing fashionista first and a chef second, and some people just aren't going to care for the guy.

Nov 2, 2017
I wish people would stop giving the advice to take steaks out for periods of time before cooking. They take hours to come to room temperature. 30 minutes to an hour, your steak probably raised 10 f at best.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate both those clowns
I can't respect a man who can't get past wing three on hot ones.
It was tapatio he tapped out to and he continued he stopped all I do is win schtick
or thinks oral is a woman's job
There were clowns that agreed with him
LEAVE IT ALONE LEAVE IT ALONE

I bet this is at Salt Bae and he puts ketchup on it later after heating it up in the microwave.

EDIT OF COURSE IT'S AT SALT BAE, THE SPIDERWEB NECK TATTOO OF FOOD. ( clicked on the quoted link and didn't see the youtube file name)

This is like watching one of those monstrous bastards crush animals in high heels, only I never actually clicked on one of those to see if they really do that.

My Steak Method is the tried and true 2:2:2- this looks like a lot of steps but it only take about fifteen minutes from start to resting.

1. Remove steak from fridge an hour before you cook. You want it up to near room temp. Or at least not chilled.
  2. Preheat oven (or closed grill) to 500 degrees (convection if you have it)
  3. Heat cast iron or oven safe good quality pan till water drop leaps and dances as it evaporates rapidly.
  4. Brush both sides of steak with light amount of peanut (or high smoke point oil with no strong flavor) oil. I just pour a little on a paper towel and blot it on.
  5. Salt and fresh ground pepper (pepper does NOT burn and ruin the steak that's some BS or they're putting too much on)
  6. Sear for two minutes on one side. DO NOT MESS WITH IT KHALED STYLE. LEAVE IT BE.
  7. Flip, sear other side for two minutes.
  8. Immediately place pan in oven or if you grilled it, the top shelf of the closed grill for a final two minutes.

Remove from oven, and pan, and rest steak on a cutting board with a fluted border for draining or better yet, a wire rack above a large shallow bowl. This will allow the steak to release myoglobin (it is NOT blood it's a protein that carries oxygen and is the reason steak is red - and it contains steak magic - the longer you cook, the greyer steak becomes because you're destroying steak magic!) If you like, you can place a pat of butter at this stage, some people do that for the last couple of minutes in the oven, but I find the butter melts immediately and is lost to the pan, so I only do that if I'm making a sauce from the fond - directions below.

If you made a high quality steak - ribeye or NY strip or similar - you're golden. If you bought a cheap cut of steak, make sure as you slice it, to slice against the grain of the meat. This will make each bit more tender as the long fibers have been compromised by debundling them. Like cutting a ribbon from a bundle of scrolls.

If you want to make a sauce, use the pan immediately after you rest the steak (careful as the handle will be burning hot) - there are dozens of methods, but I dump a large blob of butter and the drained myoglobin (unnecessary but waste not want not...), over a medium flame (pan still very hot) scraping up caramelized steak fond from the pan with a wooden spatula. The butter will melt more or less immediately and I add a tablespoon of flour (this isn't necessary tbh) or a teaspoon of potato starch (Reds brand, sometimes in baking, but bizarrely sometimes in weirdo organic section) and let it cook until it's golden but not burned, then I add cream, then I grind a LOT of fresh pepper (I like the colorful blends because they have a lot of flavors but in a tight range) and sometimes a little squeeze of crushed garlic near the end - and just a pinch of kosher salt. Stir to blend, cook another minute and serve over your rested steak or on the side. You can thin with more cream or beef stock.
I'm going to try this now

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish I didn't click this thread. I'm both angry and cringing hard af right now.

I don't care what your preferences are when it comes to steak : sous-vide the fuck out of it !

The techniques given earlier for more quicker traditional cooking are spot on too. But if you haven't already, you really owe to yourself to try it. You'll never go back, no way. It's simply superior, period.

And before anyone comes and go all "b-b-but it takes so long what if I just want to eat a quick one ?!! sous-vide is too complicated !" on me : no, it's not. It's actually way easier to get perfectly cooked steaks just how you like 'em, everytime. Just needs a bit more planning and to be more conscious about it, which is exactly what eating red meat should be anyway.

Respect the product and yourself, thank you.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right.... that guy who over-dramatically cooks steak like it's a fucking magic show and then puts motherfucking gold on it for dumb people who have no idea what to do with their money.
Good impression of him.

Last edited:

V23

Oct 27, 2017
What did DJ Khaled say when he ruined his fourth steak for the day?

Another one...

Nov 7, 2017
I was gonna give Nusr-et the benefit of the doubt but he prob knew he was serving Maduro he just either cared about the money or judging by his admiration of Erdogan that he loves his dictators

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't stand DJ Khaled, make sure you watch Bad Boys for Life.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I found that stupidly hilarious lol

I'm over the whole Salt Bae meme but I cant hate his hustle...he has these stupidly rich stars paying truck loads for an average meal all for a photo with Salt Bae.

Stupid rich people gonna be stupid rich people...