• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a viable candidate to run against him yet? Any chance he loses? This was hard to watch, just couldn't come up with a response to even basic facts

OP
OP
NotGreatBob

NotGreatBob

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a viable candidate to run against him yet? Any chance he loses? This was hard to watch, just couldn't come up with a response to even basic facts
The GOP field is crazy crowded. Mary Taylor, the Lt. gov; vote suppressor extraordinaire Jon Husted; current state attorney general and vanquished Sherrod Brown foe Mike DeWine...it's packed.

Dem field is kind of up-in-the air, as everyone's waiting on Richard Cordray, the current chair of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, who is thought to be likely to run, but hasn't announced yet. There are some decent Dems in the field, but nobody with wide recognition.

EVERYONE in the Ohio GOP is running for governor and NO ONE (besides loser Trump psycho Josh Mandel) is running for Senate. It's bizarre.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
zC1CjFP.png

I Have made a Terrible Decision

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
The GOP field is crazy crowded. Mary Taylor, the Lt. gov; vote suppressor extraordinaire Jon Husted; current state attorney general and vanquished Sherrod Brown foe Mike DeWine...it's packed.

Dem field is kind of up-in-the air, as everyone's waiting on Richard Cordray, the current chair of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, who is thought to be likely to run, but hasn't announced yet. There are some decent Dems in the field, but nobody with wide recognition.

EVERYONE in the Ohio GOP is running for governor and NO ONE (besides loser Trump psycho Josh Mandel) is running for Senate. It's bizarre.

Well they that in this environment Sherrod will be extremely difficult to beat. Mandel running just kind of underscores that.

And it's an open secret that Cordray is running.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's regulation cuts are so powerful they echoed through time to improve the stock market years ago.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Trump's regulation cuts are so powerful they echoed through time to improve the stock market years ago.
It's such bullshit. The pattern of the shift of wealth from the middle class to the super rich since the Reagan tax cuts in the 80s up until now is clear as is the pattern of the economy tanking under Republican stewardship yet we're stuck in this endless cycle of "let's give trickle down economics another try guys!!!" :/

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please start asking these people when they talk about cutting regulations what regulations they plan on cutting

But nice to see people on one of these news networks that aren't complete dipshits who let these guys come on their network and say whatever they want without any counter points

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Whew that was brutal. I liked those two hosts.

The congressman sure was disingenuous though. It's so naive to think tax cuts will help middle and lower class people. We all know they will pocket the money.

Remember when gas prices skyrocketed and everyone had to increase their prices to pay for it? Well the gas came back down but the prices never did. Taxes are the same thing.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
It just sucks that this ass with his shit-eating grin can do the interview and show himself to be an idiot and it likely won't matter because they don't seem to be accountable to the people at this point in time. Hopefully I am wrong, but his ignorance isn't really news and his lies aren't new yet the affected will either be silent or ignored.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so we're doubling down on the same train of thought that the Unemployment Numbers suddenly became real after Trump was elected, huh?

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Won't matter.

All he has to do is punch a reporter and he'll win. Intelligence, rational thought, common sense - that shit is sooooooo 2008.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After every point you've made is shown to be nonsense, just say "we can differ all we want, but I'm a big believer in the free market!"

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Ali Velshi has been a jewel under Trump.
Another one was were a trump lackey tried to say Velshi and Ruhle might not understand the topic and that it's not their 'wheelhouse'

they lit him up. Both of them worked in the financial markets for decades before coming to MSNBC for business news

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Facts really need to matter. I don't like this "just keep saying the same shit regardless of if it's true or not".

And I mean hell, I'm open to the concept of trickle down economics. The notion that companies with less tax burdens will be enticed to create jobs in the US in a competitive global economy. But can anyone point to an example of that working as intended? And I'm not asking cause I already know. I don't. I just wanna know.

OP
OP
NotGreatBob

NotGreatBob

Oct 25, 2017
Why do we assume politicians are idiots and don't act in bad faith?
In the case of Jim Renacci, it's a combination of both.

He's both a supreme piece of shit acting in bad faith at all times - and also an idiot.

Case in point: one of his campaign staffersdid this(five days after Las Vegas, no less) and is still employed by the Renacci campaign:

linda-caudill-facebook-f7f5795523dd7c3c.png

(That's Jon Husted, one of Renacci's primary rivals.)

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Facts really need to matter. I don't like this "just keep saying the same shit regardless of if it's true or not".

And I mean hell, I'm open to the concept of trickle down economics. The notion that companies with less tax burdens will be enticed to create jobs in the US in a competitive global economy. But can anyone point to an example of that working as intended? And I'm not asking cause I already know. I don't. I just wanna know.
Ive personally never been against lowering corporate tax rates as it does incentivize companies keeping their money in the U.S. However, I would only agree to that if the tax rate on the top earners went up (like wayyyy higher than they currently are) to compensate. Pretty much incentivizing companies to invest and keep the money in the company, instead of just giving themselves raises.

While I don't have any links or direct proof, I have read numerous times how low corporate tax rates intice companies to relocate to one area over another (which is something my current company did at the local level). This same concept should work at the global level. Its actually one of the only right leaning beliefs I have.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I just witnessed a murder.

Tax cuts for businesses leading to job creation is a myth that will never go away.

Oct 26, 2017
Dude got down low and basically said "see the little airplane? Brrrrr oh what's it doing little guy? brrrrrr is it going higher? brrrrrr"

"but what happened before that!?"

"Well the economy went boom boom from the same things you want now. "

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Renacci is 4th place out of 4 right now. This did nothing to help him. He was going nowhere before this, and he'll be nowhere after this.

It's likely going to come down to Taylor (who has the backing of Kasich but also the Trumpists) and Husted (who has the establishment backing him up). DeWine is the wildcard; he wants the job primarily because it's the only thing left for him to do in state politics.

Cordray running would give the Dems a recognizable and formidable opponent to Husted or Taylor. Hope he does, no offense to those already running.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He talked for 10 minutes and I'd be surprised if he made a single truthful statement. Just pure corruption in human form.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
My pen is an airplane and your words are basura.

Well if we experience another crash I know to invest in the market moment we get another Dem since GOP can govern to save their [constituents] lives.

OP
OP
NotGreatBob

NotGreatBob

Oct 25, 2017
Renacci is 4th place out of 4 right now. This did nothing to help him. He was going nowhere before this, and he'll be nowhere after this.

It's likely going to come down to Taylor (who has the backing of Kasich but also the Trumpists) and Husted (who has the establishment backing him up). DeWine is the wildcard; he wants the job primarily because it's the only thing left for him to do in state politics.

Cordray running would give the Dems a recognizable and formidable opponent to Husted or Taylor. Hope he does, no offense to those already running.
I kinda think DeWine might pull it out based largely on name recognition.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
They did similar to this dishonest person below.

They have a couple of interviews like these all over.

Last edited:

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching this on my lunch break. People thought I had gone crazy at the "eat my hat" moment. The way they peddle this crap is ridiculous.