• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What was his deal? I heard a republican very early ask why he would walk into this suicide by coming to hearing.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone subpoena a vid/gif of this into this thread please?
Thank you for the question, PeakPointMatrix. As I sit here, it looked like this:

tenor.gif

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was more of a defeated head drop. You can see the smug coming off of him when he was being chided likely because he thought he'd navigated this only to find out that he's only getting started.
Yeah, the smug was coming off quite some times in this lol. I wonder if repubs are going to be there next time so he doesn't get roasted for that amount of time straight.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

NBC News @NBCNews

House Judiciary Chairman Nadler after Acting AG Whitaker hearing:

"He will come back" for private deposition "because we will use a subpoena if we have to." pic.twitter.com/P1RZtJDrAO

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but it is really cool that Washington Post is broadcasting these types of hearings on Twitch. It is, of course, really accessible; but I think it also opens politics to some new demographics, which is always good.

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but it is really cool that Washington Post is broadcasting these types of hearings on Twitch. It is, of course, really accessible; but I think it also opens politics to some new demographics, which is always good.

It's brilliant because not many people are gonna tune into C-Span, whether on TV or whatever archaic online stream they might have. Twitch is very accessible and a proven platform and the addition of IRC chat just makes a ton of things better than watching something with no commentary. And of course it opens up politics to younger demographics or demographics that might not normally pay as much attention, as you mentioned.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
If I just want the greatest hits, and have already watched Collins and Lieu, which are the good ones to watch if I want to see a bald man sweating profusely?

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
If I just want the greatest hits, and have already watched Collins and Lieu, which are the good ones to watch if I want to see a bald man sweating profusely?
- Jamie Raskin if you want to see some fireworks
- Nadler himself if you want to see Whitaker tell him his 5 minutes is up, despite him being the chairman
- Pramila Jayapal if you want the most emotionally affecting moment

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have watched cicilline, raskin, jeffries and jayapal (holy shit at that one). Does anyone remember approximately how far into it the nadler one was? Only found his closing question and various instances of him settling things.

Edit: And scanlon was low key fire.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions. Have watched cicilline, raskin, jeffries and jayapal (holy shit at that one). Does anyone remember approximately how far into it the nadler one was? Only found his closing question and various instances of him settling things.

Edit: And scanlon was low key fire.

Nadler's one was the first after all the introductions I think

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
It's brilliant because not many people are gonna tune into C-Span, whether on TV or whatever archaic online stream they might have. Twitch is very accessible and a proven platform and the addition of IRC chat just makes a ton of things better than watching something with no commentary. And of course it opens up politics to younger demographics or demographics that might not normally pay as much attention, as you mentioned.
tbh it also opens things up for trolls on the chat front, but at least the person behind the account will kick them eventually as far as I saw

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i dont thin kit got enough appreciation that this shitshow was on twitch. brilliant move (is this the norm?)

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Dude...

Matt Whitaker Headed To Trump Hotel After Hearing And People Are Talking

After an incredibly contentious hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on Friday Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker was spotted at the Trump International Hotel in Washington.

New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman noted the sighting on Twitter. People who responded jabbed — nervously — at the too-close-for-comfort situation of the man who could conceivably fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller heading straight to one of the lairs of the man Mueller is investigating. One commented that Whitaker was "reporting back to daddy." Another compared it to "Lex Luthor returning to the Legion of Doom."

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dont thin kit got enough appreciation that this shitshow was on twitch. brilliant move (is this the norm?)
Yes, they also did this for the state of the union and a bunch of other things.

I'm never streaming a political event without these emojis again

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's worse? Their complete lack of giving a toss about professional ethics and appearances of obvious conflict, or the fact that they probably don't have to care because what are we gonna do about it?
It's definitely the former. Most of us know we can really get away with a lot of shit if we wanted to but don't do it because it's wrong.