• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Rep. Sean Maloney is Dem Congressman (there's a typo in the Fox video which says he's an R) from NY 18.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
You know what, yes - his bit absolutely deserves to be in its own thread, because Maloney really didn't fuck around with the five minutes given to him. Schiff's closing statement was also really good.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
This was so good. Dems need to yield more time to him here on out like the repubs constantly yield to Gym Jordan. (If they can, not sure of all the rules of the committee)

Oct 25, 2017
I am very much reminded of myself in school when I see Sondland squirm

"So, did you read the book like I asked you too"
"Well, you see that depends on what you mean when you say read, I think..."
"Did you read the book"
"I don't really want to make a definitive statement here because you see..."
"Did.You.Read.The.Book"
"Well, if you have asked me to read the book I think it's reasonable to assume that I have read that book"
"..."
"..."
"Could you restate the question please?"

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell side is Sondland on?

He was flipping like a pancake with his answers.

One minute he's schmoozing with Nunes. The next, he's throwing Trump under the bus and backing over him a couple times.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
The gulf in competency between the Democrat's attorneys/reps and the GOP's always continues to bewilder me. Makes it wildly clear you either get into law because you care or because of the grift.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good god almighty that was good stuff. I need to catch up on today's events.

With all due respect, sir - We appreciate your candor, but let's be really clear on what it took to get it outta you.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love his credentials being shown off in this clear questioning here

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
"With all due respect sir, we appreciate your candour, but let's be really clear about what it took to get it out of yah"

line of the night

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing the lengths you have to go to get Republicans and Trump's stooges to simply admit what everyone knows and is common fucking sense.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
With the Volker/Morrison testimony yesterday and now Sondland, I think they're trying to protect themselves and limit damage to Trump by saying they didn't know at the time of the investigation request that it was in relation to Biden. It was just an investigation to address corruption in Ukraine apparently. With hindsight it certainly 'appears that way' sure but that wasn't clear at the time. They want to imply that the quid pro was for investigations into corruption and the link to Biden was coincidental.

And there's people that will actually believe this.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Sondland: could you stop going around in circles and be clear as to what you're asking me.

I never wanted to smack the shit out of someone so bad as I did with Sondland at the end. You were maddeningly obtuse and roundabout about answering every question. Maloney was asking direct and clear questions.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know what any of that really helps in terms of evidence of anything. The answer he gave is the answer anyone could give. And it's nothing but an opinion.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I heard this live on NPR in the car this afternoon and laughed out loud when Maloney said, "Didn't hurt a bit, did it?" Wish I could have been in the room to smell that roast.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
When he shut down Sondland's hypothetical talk with this is real life, I said god damn. Took the man's soul

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Were they asked to give him a personal benefit in exchange for an official act?"

"Please be clear about what you're asking me"

Fucker, do you speak English? Or does he just have short term memory loss? Holy shit.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He literally paid 1 mil to get his position as Ambassador. It's not like he dislikes Trump.

I'm confused why these people want these jobs. What does he get out of it, is it just a jolly or basically hoping to do some corrupt things?

Loved him getting roasted there, this is your third time you lying piece of shit basically.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused why these people want these jobs. What does he get out of it, is it just a jolly or basically hoping to do some corrupt things?

Loved him getting roasted there, this is your third time you lying piece of shit basically.
A seat at the table of "Real" power.

That's what he was looking for.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Power and free trips to Europe.