• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Interesting! Guess i'll have to tune in.

The XCOM 2 + WOTC bundle is a super good deal, that game is excellent with the expansion and the expansion alone is like 40$ at full price.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2020 total prizes, being given away at a rate of 150 every 15 minutes. That's A LOT of chances of winning something.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Was planning to watch on YouTube, but will tune in on Steam now, hoping for XCOM =P

KenjiGlove

Oct 25, 2017
How many people will even be watching this via Steam? Especially considering 99% of Europe is down for the count since it's the middle of the night

#Pray4Tekken

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
That are some pretty great games which we can win. Hope i can get XCOM 2 or Divinity 2.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is a stupid question but what is a non-limited steam account?

In order to protect our users from spamming, phishing, and other abuse, Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features.

Malicious users often operate using dummy accounts that have not purchased any games, items, or wallet credit. In order to make it more difficult for these malicious users to spam, scam, and phish other users, we restrict access to certain community features until an account has spent at least $5.00 USD in Steam.

What features are unavailable to me?
Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
  • Sending friend and group invites
  • Requesting access to groups
  • Opening group chat
  • Voting on Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participating in the Steam Market
  • Trading Steam Community items (trading cards, booster packs, gems, etc.)
  • Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gaining Steam Profile Levels (Locked to level 0) and Trading Cards
  • Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
  • Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Accessing the Steam Web API
  • Using browser and mobile chat
  • Adding public artwork and screenshots
  • Adding messages to trade offers
  • Creating Steam groups
  • Counting towards Steam group membership

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely wonder if at some point Steam is thinking of launching its own streaming service.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
In order to protect our users from spamming, phishing, and other abuse, Steam prevents some accounts from accessing certain community and social features.

Malicious users often operate using dummy accounts that have not purchased any games, items, or wallet credit. In order to make it more difficult for these malicious users to spam, scam, and phish other users, we restrict access to certain community features until an account has spent at least $5.00 USD in Steam.

What features are unavailable to me?
Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
  • Sending friend and group invites
  • Requesting access to groups
  • Opening group chat
  • Voting on Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participating in the Steam Market
  • Trading Steam Community items (trading cards, booster packs, gems, etc.)
  • Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gaining Steam Profile Levels (Locked to level 0) and Trading Cards
  • Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
  • Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Accessing the Steam Web API
  • Using browser and mobile chat
  • Adding public artwork and screenshots
  • Adding messages to trade offers
  • Creating Steam groups
  • Counting towards Steam group membership

Thanks, that more than clears it up.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oh boy, will I be angry if I win something and it will be a 5 dollar game. I mean it can be a good game, but I rather take something more expensive. Maybe I should buy everything I don't want to win right now and then refund those after the raffle, hmmm.

Of course I wont do that.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Gonna watch hoping to win a free game, but i feel like i won. i got lucky with Nvidia give away when i got free copy of Rime and PLAYERUNKNOWN, so right now i feel lucky.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the stream will auto-start if I leave the browser open and go to bed, or if we will need to manually refresh / press play.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will we need to do anything to get prices? Otherwise i'll just watch it on twitch or something with a steam stream tab on the side, i don't like the tiny screen.

Void

Oct 28, 2017
This is great news.
I wonder if it works if you watch through browser while logged in?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
will it stream the preshow as well?

i'm worried about my stupid browser because i have noscript installed and its refusing to give permanent permissions to websites for some reason

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I want free stuff.

But I want to watch on my PS4 Pro with YouTube.

Not sure about my internet. Hmm...

Feichaw

Oct 27, 2017
Christmas came early for Steam users!

Many fine games in that list. I wish I could get Prey or Cuphead.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Hrm set to 360p and watch on steam for possible giveaway, open mixer and set to 360p for mixpot, and watch it on my TV via Youtube in 4k for fewer technical issues. Gameawards happy I show up as 3 viewers at once? :P

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still putting it on my big screen but I'll have Steam open on the side.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This is crazy but I didn't even know Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was on PC yet.

How else would they know you were watching?

"Can I play the game right away?
If you win, the game will be granted directly to your library and you can begin to play as soon as you like. Steam will also notify the winners after the broadcast."

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't own any of the games that are being given away. Looks like I'll b watching on Steam.

Last edited: