• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
List of possible games

http://store.steampowered.com/prizes/view/2155400271460724616

FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get multiple entries by watching from different browsers or devices?
No. A steam account will only receive one entry per draw, even if it is logged in from multiple browsers or devices.
Can I participate in more than one draw during the broadcast?
Yes. You are eligible for any drawings that happen while you are watching the broadcast, even if you have already won a prize.
If I win can I pick my prize?
No. Steam will automatically choose a game that you do not already own from the list of remaining prizes.
Can I play the game right away?
If you win, the game will be granted directly to your library and you can begin to play as soon as you like. Steam will also notify the winners after the broadcast.
What if I already own all of the remaining game prizes?
That is pretty awesome! However, you cannot win a game you already own.
Where can I learn more about the rules of The Game Awards 2017 Giveaway?
You can read about the rules here (http://store.steampowered.com/prizes/rules/2155400271460724616).

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I don't own most of the games and want most of them too. So I guess it is worth watching through Steam?

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
If this means I'll have to watch through the Steam player then no amount of free games will convince me to go through that torture. Ok after looking at the list of free games, I take back what I said.

Montane

Oct 27, 2017
Will you physically have to do something or can you just run it throwing steam and potentially win automatically. Probs going to watch this on the TV but will leave it running through steam too if it means a potential free game.

Oct 25, 2017
Steam is only doing this to attract more viewers so you have quick access to the Half-Life 3 preorder page when it is announced.

Nov 28, 2017
Nice. Will watch on steam.

This is like what Microsoft did with Beam during E3 and gave out DLC and some indie games getting tied directly to our GT's.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
it says the giveaway is now closed :/

This hasn't been announced yet and now that it's got attention (thanks SteamDB :P). They are hiding it a tiny bit.
  • This won't start till the shows starts (Geoff is probably going to announce it on Twitter at some point shortly as he teased)
  • 150 Winners will be chosen every 15 minutes
  • You have to have a non-limited Steam Account
  • Each game has a set amount of copies available
  • If you are one of the 150 each round, you will win a random game from the list that you do not own, if you own all of them already - "tough shit son"

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Maybe it's just not opened yet?
Seems so!
This hasn't been announced yet and now that it's got attention (thanks SteamDB :P). They are hiding it a tiny bit.
  • This won't start till the shows starts
  • 150 Winners will be chosen every 15 minutes
  • You have to have a non-limited Steam Account
  • Each game has a set amount of copies available
  • If you are one of the 150 each round, you will win a random game from the list that you do not own, if you own all of them already - "tough shit son"

So all I have to do is leave this stream open in the client, no interaction needed? The show starts at midnight in London and I can't stay awake for this : (

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching this on my PS4 Pro for the 4K YouTube stream, but I can just leave this running on Steam and check back if I won anything?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Seems so!

So all I have to do is leave this stream open in the client, no interaction needed? The show starts at midnight in London and I can't stay awake for this : (

Also in London, just be late to work man :P

- that isn't so clear. It's possible you might have to click something, it's possible there may be an interactive element, it might also just be drops (in which case you do nothing), something they did a while back.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Also in London, just be late to work man :P

- that isn't so clear. It's possible you might have to click something, it's possible there may be an interactive element, it might also just be drops (in which case you do nothing), something they did a while back.

I wish I could haha

Thanks, fingers crossed there's nothing I need to touch and I get to wake up to a shiny new game!

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't specify devices so I guess watching from my Wii U should be fine.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Bet it's gonna be cheapo games meh gonna stick with watching it on my phone

Perhaps not doing a drive by is a good idea:

• Prey
  • Hellblade
  • Cuphead
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Please Knock on My Door
  • Hidden Folks
  • Nidhogg 2
  • Divinity OS 2
  • Tooth and Tail
  • Hollow Knight
  • Mr Shifty
  • Old Man's Journey
  • CSGO
  • Night In the Woods
  • NBA 2K18
  • Tekken 7
  • Xcom 2 + War of the Chosen
These are all excellent games (bar NBA 2k18). 150 winners every 15mins

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Neat. I'll have it set up and have my wife turn it on when the stream is active and I'll watch it through mixer at work.

GoronsRuby

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent. I will definitely watch via Steam now. Winning Divinity Original Sin II would be amazing.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
need to know if I can do it through mobile, I'll be out of my house at that hour :(

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
So awesome, game list looking damn good too! Thanks for letting us know!

Anyone can do a countdown for this?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Giveaway now closed :(

It's closed because it both has not started yet or been announced officially. Geoff will announce it later on no doubt.

Before it got attention:
DQd_YsQXUAAt6f7.jpg:large

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Ooo nice! I guess I will see how well Steam does with this. Wouldn't mind a few of the games on that list. :D

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this only for U. S?

EDIT - looks like it's opened for everyone

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
But if I have a second stream going on my mobile to be in it to win it then it'll slow the streaming on the TV :/

Slow Internet problems. Decisions, decisions.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like i may actually watch this year. Valve must be getting something to have such a sale