• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the Snyder movie fit into this?
Or just the Graphic Novel story.
I think the assumption is this is continuing on from the graphic novel story rather than the film's story. However, the film is pretty close to the graphic novel and most significantly differs in how the ending plays out. So even if you have just seen the film you will probably mostly still understand enough....

And on that note I don't think you need to have seen or read anything prior to this. While it's designed to be a sequel show it is also designed for newcomers to the franchise. There's not many returning characters and I am sure the few there are will be given full context.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Both the comic and the movie are personal faves of mine. I think the film had some definite misses, still enjoyed it quite a bit. If you don't have the time to read the comic, at least check out the film, just know that the endings differ quite a bit. Can't wait to check this one out.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we just watch the movie beforehand? Don't really have time to read the comic and I know my wife will never do it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Really did not expect this to be good when we first heard about it.

Hope it avoids the "one good cop" trope.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I've watched the trailer 3 times today. So pumped.

Never read the novel, loved the movie, never thought much else about the property. But the trailers have been firing on all cylinders. And I'm down for whatever Lindelof has to offer after The Leftovers.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
Can we just watch the movie beforehand? Don't really have time to read the comic and I know my wife will never do it.
Much of the movie is visually faithful but essential detail is lost. That said, it's really hard to say just how directly this series will follow the graphic novel, so watching the movie might be enough to prepare yourselves.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hm. Is it a big deal, or can it be explained in like one sentence?

Easily explained.

In the movie Veidt blames Dr. Manhattan for the attack on New York City. In the comic he creates a genetically engineered "space squid" that attacks and kills 3 million people in NYC. Same result, different weapon. Space squids are referenced a lot in the show from what we know so far.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. Is it a big deal, or can it be explained in like one sentence?
It's not even really that different. It's more the mechanics/execution of what happens at the ending. The result is basically the same. But yeah, It can easily be explained in one line. It's a spoiler though so I recommend coming back and asking after you watch the movie I guess. You should probably watch the Director's Cut too which has the animated segments if you want an experience closer to the comic.

EDIT: If you don't care about spoilers the poster above me explains it.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Nice I forgot this premiered tonight. I was bummin' that I don't have new episodes of Succession and Gemstones to look forward to.

Oct 25, 2017
CompetentQuestionableHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
LOL I was just thinking " I know I need to watch something today but i can't put my finger on it". Starting it now on HBOgo