• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm five minutes in and damn this is not how I was expecting the show to start.

Nov 1, 2017
Racist or some nut jobs taking the diary of Rorschach and twisting it to their needs is easily believable. He was always a nut job himself, though he believed in wrong and right to a fault.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
How they're using Rorschach is a direct comparison to how the alt-right and certain police forces are taking the Punisher symbol despite Marvel not condoning that shit anyway.

Another pill. Nice callback.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
We see racist assholes co-opting shit in real life and people are mad that Roshach journal is being twisted to fit the views of racist assholes?

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Since some people seem to be confused. This is a sequel to Alan Moore's Watchmen Graphic Novel. So read that before you watch the show, or not. You choose.
This will confuse people even more:

The TV series is set in 2019, 34 years after the comic ends, but:
On May 22, 2018, Lindelof posted a five-page open letter to fans of the comic book series wherein he revealed that the television series would not be a direct adaptation of the source material or a sequel to it either but instead would depict a new, original story. However, the new story does take place after the original Watchmen.

So, it is the same universe from the comics and it is set after it, but it is not really a sequel?

Maybe some parts of the original story will have changed? Like a completely new timeline? Same universe, but with different events?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I randomly learned about the Tulsa Race Riots a couple years ago and was stunned. Can't believe we don't teach people about it. Well I can, but you know.

I'm surprised how many people say this, I grew up in the suburbs of Houston and a middle of the road school district and we absolutely covered the Tulsa Race Riots (multiple times actually, pretty sure we briefly touched on it in MS and went more in depth into it (and other related events) in HS.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Ok...so I wasn't sure if I should watch this show.

Judging by the last page...I should?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Dr Manhattan couldn't produce any offspring, correct? I don't know why, but that scene with Veidt has me thinking about a possible reveal later on.