• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Kid Angela might be the most adorable kid I've ever seen.
She is in Shazam! And more adorable even.

images

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know what the song that plays during the episode 8 promo is?

Im guessing it will show up in the episode but my curiosity has been peaked.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a GOAT-level episode this week. Dr. Manhattan was the inspiration for Desmond and The Constant on LOST and this episode looks like it will be another love story out-of-time. There may be too much regular plot baggage getting in the way relative to The Constant, which was a bit of a bottle episode in its main plot.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I'm expecting a GOAT-level episode this week. Dr. Manhattan was the inspiration for Desmond and The Constant on LOST and this episode looks like it will be another love story out-of-time. There may be too much regular plot baggage getting in the way relative to The Constant, which was a bit of a bottle episode in its main plot.

God how good was The Constant though?

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, I never new Dr. Manhattan was the inspiration for Desmond, it makes perfect sense thinking about it now. Now I'm reading a 2007 article about the comparisons by Doc Jensen, who ironically wrote this weekend's ep with Lindelof.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I'm a hardcore fan of this show and the leftovers, and yet I still haven't seen Lost lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Laurie's "Brick" joke is almost certainly going to be a reference to something that comes back at the end of the show to totally fuck up a bunch of things, but what is she referring to? I totally expect this episode to end with a giant squid-level twist, but what was seeded in the first 3 episodes or so but seemingly dropped to come back to fuck shit up? Mind Control, Clones, and Memory Implants were all introduced and explored too late and don't fit the plot point of something brought up and seemed to go nowhere.

That is, unless, Lube Man somehow becomes massively important to the rest of the show. But I don't think that is it.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Laurie's "Brick" joke is almost certainly going to be a reference to something that comes back at the end of the show to totally fuck up a bunch of things, but what is she referring to? I totally expect this episode to end with a giant squid-level twist, but what was seeded in the first 3 episodes or so but seemingly dropped to come back to fuck shit up? Mind Control, Clones, and Memory Implants were all introduced and explored too late and don't fit the plot point of something brought up and seemed to go nowhere.

That is, unless, Lube Man somehow becomes massively important to the rest of the show. But I don't think that is it.

I approve of a brick focused ending, as my avatar suggests.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Brick was Angela's car, it's already been dropped.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
The cop that handed Angela a badge and told her "come find me when you're ready" has blue hair and blue eyes. I didn't notice this on first watch. Could she be Manhattan?!

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
A season 2 will likely happen it's just a matter of when. FX and HBO have shown they're willing to wait for 2+ years if necessary. The show is getting good ratings and good reviews, they'll wait for a reasonable amount of time.

there's a lot of stuff they can go with the show, especially if they go for a semi-anthology route and rotate Cast members with new semi-big names.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I think it has already? Angela smashed Dr. Manhattan's skull in.

Unless Dr. Manhattan dies again later

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
In just a few hours we finally get some answers.

I was watching this earlier and I think this is going to play heavily into why Manhattan chose to be with Angela and why he chose to become human again,

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
there's a post credits scene tonight, Damon has revealed a huge hint as to who it revolves around on his instagram:

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for tonight.

Rewatching the last episode; the BBC style Dr. Manhatten documentary that opens up the episode is so cool. Feels so real lol

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, only 1 episode after tonight. I'm already longing for another show that will captivate me like Watchmen.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
This show has me very anxious. Given how topical and now the subject matter is, I don't want to handle it ending on a downer note.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Yes. Ideally it ends with 7th Kalvary destroyed. Dr Manhattan returns to mars. Angela and Blake becomes friends, and while standing outside one night they look into the night sky, knowing Manhattan is looking down on them, and they both smile.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the batteries from the first episode are the meta "brick". Still totally inexplicable what the plan was for, and never mentioned again after that episode.