• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
J3YU3R4.png

Trailer:

Cast:
Synopsis:

The series takes place in an alternate contemporary reality in the United States, in which superheroes and masked vigilantes were outlawed due to their violent methods, but some of them gather around to start a revolution while others attempt to stop it.

Reviews:

When:

Sundays, 9pm on HBO

giphy.gif

Edit: Since some people seem to be confused. This is a sequel to Alan Moore's Watchmen Graphic Novel. So read that before you watch the show, or not. You choose.

You are free to spoiler as the episode airs. SPOILERTAG PREVIEW TALK.

Official Podcast:

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great OT title. Good job.

I'm gonna have to give this a shot but as a whiny, Watchmen purist who thinks the fact the comic ends is vitally important to it, my expectations are pretty low 😂

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Ah okay, thought I read that. I'm in the UK so I never knew they never did that because sky Atlantic does sometimes here.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, the reviews are much more positive than I had expected. I guess I'll check this out.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So it's a sequel to the comic or something?
It begins in the world of the comic 30-something years after the events of the comic. Although some principal characters from the original comic may appear and play a role, it is largely telling a different story than the one from the comic, and isn't a continuation of the comic's story.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't wait for this. It's been a while since I read the comic though. Might do that again soon but obviously not before episode 1. Lindelof did say episode 1 would be equally confusing to new people and those that have read it.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Would it be a good idea to watch the movie before the show? Or does the movie have nothing to do with it?
Read the graphic novel and watch the movie, IMO. I watched it first, enjoyed it, then read it, and my mind was blown. The graphic novel is clearly superior but the movie, overall, is a good adaptation with some impeccable casting decision (except for Veidt's actor, he didn't look the part) and some really great sequences (the intro and an important Dr. Manhattan scene come to mind).

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Read the graphic novel and watch the movie, IMO. I watched it first, enjoyed it, then read it, and my mind was blown. The graphic novel is clearly superior but the movie, overall, is a good adaptation with some impeccable casting decision (except for Veidt's actor, he didn't look the part) and some really great sequences (the intro and an important Dr. Manhattan scene come to mind).

It's not a good adaptation at all. Well, outside of looking nice. Can't fault that.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to finally see this, can't wait for tonight. It's been ages since I read Watchmen, so looking forward to being thoroughly confused.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so curious how they are going to deal with the squid, and how average viewers who have only seen Synders version react to it.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow despite seeing many ads for this I had no idea it was premiering tonight. Def going to check it out.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Btw the comic is $5.99 on apple's digital book store. I've got the physical copy but I might pick that up for easy re-reading.

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
I really gotta upgrade my 1989 tpb. I've had to rebind it it's so old and well read now.

Really want the Absolute.

Oh and Before Watchmen is very good Imo and not the shambles gatekeepers of the sacred word of our Lord Alan Moore would have you believe.

I say that as an owner and lover of pretty much all of his comic work bar Lost Girls.

The Minutemen series by Darwyn Cooke is a worthy addition to the world of Watchmen.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
For those in the UK - this is on Mondays at 9pm on Sky Atlantic, so first episode tomorrow

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
this is going to be so good

between this and mr. robot, we gonna be eating in the upcoming weeks

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Man I wish HBO Now had 4k/HDR. Or better quality in general. This show seems like a looker.