• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Vol.1 of the Watchmen soundtrack came in and it's based around a band that breaks up because white supremacists co-opt their music in the universe of the show/book

I took photos of the 4 page story insert of the vinyl if anyone cares to read them: Dropbox

X9mzIpg.jpg

N2wncuJ.jpg

ygYCXw8.jpg
hUO5bHZ.jpg

the vinyl is now unfortunately sold out, dunno how limited these things are gunna be but im glad I snagged pre-orders of all three before it happened.
this is awesome. the band/album is referenced in some of the peteypedia stuff too. good to know the soundtrack should be out on spotify this friday.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Laurie really managed to liven things up. Love to see her play off Angela as well.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
the vinyl is now unfortunately sold out, dunno how limited these things are gunna be but im glad I snagged pre-orders of all three before it happened.[/B]

You can still order Volume 1 at Target and Walmart, by the way. Target is still doing a buy 2 get 1 free sale, so you can pick up all 3 volumes for about $50.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Vol.1 of the Watchmen soundtrack came in and it's based around a band that breaks up because white supremacists co-opt their music in the universe of the show/book

I took photos of the 4 page story insert of the vinyl if anyone cares to read them: Dropbox

X9mzIpg.jpg

N2wncuJ.jpg

ygYCXw8.jpg
hUO5bHZ.jpg

the vinyl is now unfortunately sold out, dunno how limited these things are gunna be but im glad I snagged pre-orders of all three before it happened.

Hurm.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Got my volume 1 LP today from Amazon, record looks like it had a ROUGH DAY at the factory and sounds pretty noisy. Plenty of fingerprints and scratches. Pretty disappointed. :/

I see no option to exchange it for another copy either, presumably because Amazon is sold out. I hope I can exchange it at some point and that the other two don't turn out this way.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't The Left Overs originally going to be only 1 season, because it was based on the book? No fucking way this doesn't get a 2nd season.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've read a bit about the original Watchmen storyline because this show seems to be hell-bent on not explaining nothing. The funny thing is that even with all that extra info I understand only marginally more. It's intriguing, artistically convincing and there's some brilliant acting, but almost 3 hours of content in I still have no fucking idea what this show really is about other than a weirdly technologic yet not-so-advanced alternate racial reality. Hopefully they'll start giving answers in the next episode or two because I'm not a fan of following things for months without knowing whether it's worth it or not.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've read a bit about the original Watchmen storyline because this show seems to be hell-bent on not explaining nothing. The funny thing is that even with all that extra info I understand only marginally more. It's intriguing, artistically convincing and there's some brilliant acting, but almost 3 hours of content in I still have no fucking idea what this show really is about other than a weirdly technologic yet not-so-advanced alternate racial reality. Hopefully they'll start giving answers in the next episode or two because I'm not a fan of following things for months without knowing whether it's worth it or not.
Define "a bit." If you haven't read the entire graphic novel, read the entire graphic novel. Everything, from the squids to the origin of 7K to Laurie's joke, will be explained there. However, things like Lady Trieu, Ozy's storyline, Will, and other elements only in the TV show won't be touched upon in that original book.

If you haven't read the graphic novel, don't expect Lindelof to retell you that story within this TV show. He's definitely assumed you've done your homework before you came to class.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Most everyone's in the same boat as you even if they read the comic. The world's slightly different from our own and a quick synopsis will get you up to date on most of it. Lots of mysteries but only a couple, so far, tie into stuff from the comic.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Define "a bit." If you haven't read the entire graphic novel, read the entire graphic novel. Everything, from the squids to the origin of 7K to Laurie's joke, will be explained there. However, things like Lady Trieu, Ozy's storyline, Will, and other elements only in the TV show won't be touched upon in that original book.

If you haven't read the graphic novel, don't expect Lindelof to retell you that story within this TV show. He's definitely assumed you've done your homework before you came to class.

As I mentioned last week, it's a bit of mea culpa and a bit of an issue with advertisements: I saw ads on TV for weeks, it sounded and looked great, I avoided looking up more about it because I wanted no spoilers, convinced this was a retelling of the Watchmen story that I wasn't familiar with. Only from this thread I understood this is in fact a sequel, I guess Sky Italia didn't want to drive people who aren't into comics away from their big exclusive. So I've read a quick synopsis but will definitely read more in the next weeks because what I see is intriguing, but it sucks that I was "lured" into an intriguing show where the ads hid the fact it's a sequel, and now I'm trying to squeeze out info from a show that explains nothing.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really liked the third episode, too bad i cant binge it right now cause i'll lose sight of some happenings later on, for sure

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned last week, it's a bit of mea culpa and a bit of an issue with advertisements: I saw ads on TV for weeks, it sounded and looked great, I avoided looking up more about it because I wanted no spoilers, convinced this was a retelling of the Watchmen story that I wasn't familiar with. Only from this thread I understood this is in fact a sequel, I guess Sky Italia didn't want to drive people who aren't into comics away from their big exclusive. So I've read a quick synopsis but will definitely read more in the next weeks because what I see is intriguing, but it sucks that I was "lured" into an intriguing show where the ads hid the fact it's a sequel, and now I'm trying to squeeze out info from a show that explains nothing.

It doesn't do a lot of exposition, but it definitely does leave some details out there to clue people in to backstory without spelling it out. Which I kind of like.

wMPEMJc.jpg

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I just watched the first 3 eps back-to-back. Really, really loving this. I hope the ratings don't kill it. Having squids drop from the sky in the premier is probably not a reference the mass market would care to understand.

King, Irons, Nelson, and Smart are all killing it.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
If anyone hasn't read the comic and is interested in the show, or is watching the show and is extremely confused, they should AT LEAST watch the motion comic:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I just watched the first 3 eps back-to-back. Really, really loving this. I hope the ratings don't kill it. Having squids drop from the sky in the premier is probably not a reference the mass market would care to understand.

First two episodes did about 1.5mil each. Haven't seen anything about Ep3's numbers yet.

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
It was already show in his house in Episode 2.
No that was the Sheriff's house I believe. Angela walks past it as she leaves the house after finding the Klan robes. Since the peteypedia document indicates the painting is passed on to the custody of a newly made Klanleader or somesuch I'm wondering if we'll see the painting again in the background later in the season, with Keene Jr as a likely recipient.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the soundtrack is appearing on streaming services in Australia and other countries. Most likely it will be up globally tomorrow.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019

How would the ratings kill it? It's written as a one season story and all the episodes are done.

Edit: came off jerk-ish so I edited.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just watched the latest episode, how the hell is this series getting better.
And please, I didn't rewind or anything but did a blue dong come out the briefcase Laurie had? At first I thought it was some kind of pipe but idk.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The joke about the three heroes standing before God totally got me.
What did you really see in it? The person I was watching it with had no idea what any of it meant, and I told them it had to do with the characters form the graphic novel and not to worry about it. It felt really pretentious to them but to me it was just a nod for people familiar with the original, especially they way it's told like Rorschachs clown joke.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
What did you really see in it? The person I was watching it with had no idea what any of it meant, and I told them it had to do with the characters form the graphic novel and not to worry about it. It felt really pretentious to them but to me it was just a nod for people familiar with the original, especially they way it's told like Rorschachs clown joke.

I'm loving the show but I hated the "joke". It was incredibly "owtheedge".

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
You weren't lured into anything, you made an assumption that was incorrect. Had you seen any version of the source material you'd have known that immediately but it seems like you haven't yet from your posts.

I'm going to try to save you even more heart ache, you need to read Watchmen... The whole thing. It is no different from the show where you need to absorb it all before it will help you with this. You probably will get even more confused if you try to read bits and and pieces and try to watch the show at the same time. Then you're going to come in here with questions and idiotic theories like we should have done the work for you.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this show can keep at the great start. Wonderful first three episodes. Some of the transition shots are so good -- both visual and audio transitions, loving the care they have put into this.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You weren't lured into anything, you made an assumption that was incorrect. Had you seen any version of the source material you'd have known that immediately but it seems like you haven't yet from your posts.

I'm going to try to save you even more heart ache, you need to read Watchmen... The whole thing. It is no different from the show where you need to absorb it all before it will help you with this. You probably will get even more confused if you try to read bits and and pieces and try to watch the show at the same time. Then you're going to come in here with questions and idiotic theories like we should have done the work for you.

No need to be rude about it. It's not like I started posting shit-tier speculation about the retired cop actually being Manhattan or Rorschach, I am just a bit disappointed that the channel showing the show here withheld the information that this isn't a retelling (like Westworld, for one) but a full-blown sequel that makes no sense without reading the comics first. I am intrigued by many things in the show. I wish it started answering more questions but I understand I lack a lot of info, and as I pointed out I am recovering the comics so that I can check that out too. No need to take it personally because I wasn't attacking the show or you.

Dec 11, 2017
What did you really see in it?
The descriptions of the heroes was just her giving her opinions on the Watchmen. While it explicitly told her feelings about everyone, it was just a distraction.

What hit me was the "brick". I fell for it when she "fucked up" the brick barbecue joke and "moved on". Then after the long-winded God setup the brick punchline hit me when I wasn't expecting it. It got me hook, line, and sinker.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
No need to be rude about it. It's not like I started posting shit-tier speculation about the retired cop actually being Manhattan or Rorschach, I am just a bit disappointed that the channel showing the show here withheld the information that this isn't a retelling (like Westworld, for one) but a full-blown sequel that makes no sense without reading the comics first. I am intrigued by many things in the show. I wish it started answering more questions but I understand I lack a lot of info, and as I pointed out I am recovering the comics so that I can check that out too. No need to take it personally because I wasn't attacking the show or you.
That wasn't rude, it was direct. BTW, Westworld isn't a retelling it's pretty much a sequel as well you can just fake your way through it without having seen the two prior movies. My goal isn't to belitlle or keep you from waching, my goal is to give you the keys to getting the most enjoyment from the show.

Last edited:

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The descriptions of the heroes was just her giving her opinions on the Watchmen. While it explicitly told her feelings about everyone, it was just a distraction.

What hit me was the "brick". I fell for it when she "fucked up" the brick barbecue joke and "moved on". Then after the long-winded God setup the brick punchline hit me when I wasn't expecting it. It got me hook, line, and sinker.
It's also the first time the squid event of the comic is made explicitly clear, it was obviously referenced a few times before, but at least now audiences who aren't comic savvy know that an alien squid was dropped on new york and 3 million died, iiiif they even realize that it's actual history of this world and not just a weird part of a joke, who knows.

JinxMonsoon

Oct 31, 2017
That wasn't rude, it was direct. BTW, Westworld isn't a retelling it's pretty much a sequel as well you can just fake your way through it without having seen the two prior movies. And the first posts you made in this thread were some long rants that proved you both didn't understand the source material or the current show.
I've never seen anything to suggest that Westworld is a sequel. It would be quite absurd if they would reopen the park only to have the either thing repeat, just in less lightning and with more sinister undertones. I might wrong, though.

And yeah, you were hella rude. You sound like someone who thinks that Rick & Morty is only for the smart peeps.

As for the series - I find it to be completely, utterly brilliant, one of the best things I've seen on TV in years. I love how Lindelof ups the absurds of the plot with complete self-awarness. The fact that so far every episode includes laughing or looking at in complete at the absurdity of the world and they live and the unfolding events is my favorite part, right next to how the whole American Hero Story is a taking a complete piss out of Zack Snyder.

The fact that the shows sticks to its guns and calls white suprematism by its name is really refreshing. It's everything I hoped it to be but never dared to imagine that someone would actually make it this way.

And the production value - the performances, soundtrack, how much thought is put in set design and each shot - is simply exquisite.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I've never seen anything to suggest that Westworld is a sequel. It would be quite absurd if they would reopen the park only to have the either thing repeat, just in less lightning and with more sinister undertones. I might wrong, though.
It's never made explicit, but you see the old Delos logo in the abandoned area, and even get a glimpse of the decommissioned Gunslinger in the background.