• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Clearly, this year's games couldn't even fit in a Top 20 if we tried. But let's discuss this list. It'll be the first of many.

Also, you already know what #1 is. ;)

Top 10 List:
10.) Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
9.) Cuphead
8.) Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
7.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
6.) NieR Automata
5.) Divinity: Original Sin 2
4.) Super Mario Odyssey
3.) Persona 5
2.) Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
1.) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Odyssey in that place is really egregious. And PUBG needs to way be lower than that.

Also, no honorable mention for Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Splatoon 2 and others which such great year of gaming? Waste of opportunity here.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do most people really consider Cuphead one of the best games of the year?

I mean no one can dispute it's looks and how impressive/evocative they are, but as a game?

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Do most people really consider Cuphead one of the best games of the year?

I mean no one can dispute it's looks and how impressive/evocative they are, but as a game?
If people can consider P5 for the list, then sure, why not? It has jusr as much style, plays amazingly, isn't as boring and doesn't hold your hand or treat you like an idiot.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2017 is the year that this generation has been missing in terms of "Wow, what an incredible time to be a gamer."

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey at 4 is a sin against humanity itself

pretty good top 10 unordered outside of it not containing Titanfall 2 Sonic Mania

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Solid list. Don't agree with everything (P5 over Odyssey?) but all good games.

Question about Nier: I don't like anime aesthetic, I think 2B's design is embarrassing, and don't really like the idea of having to play through the same game a few times to see cool stuff. Is it worth giving a shot or should I just watch some stuff on Youtube?

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Solid list. Don't agree with everything (P5 over Odyssey?) but all good games.

Question about Nier: I don't like anime aesthetic, I think 2B's design is embarrassing, and don't really like the idea of having to play through the same game a few times to see cool stuff. Is it worth giving a shot or should I just watch some stuff on Youtube?
Hard to say, given your reservations. I loved it and can honestly say it has to be experienced firsthand. Youtube wont do it justice.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd change the order around but honestly this is a LOT better than I'd expect from a place like WatchMojo. Sure, stuff like What Remains of Edith Finch isn't on there, but the vast majority of those ten games are definitely quite good, if not outright masterpieces.

I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling magnanimous towards an internet list after sifting through Polygon's Top 500 trainwreck.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
They did a great job with this list. No unreasonable inclusions whatsoever even if I'd change the order a little and drop a couple to make room for Yakuza 0, Sonic Mania, Prey, Metroid, and The Evil Within 2

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Very reasonable list. Obviously mine would be different but that's a given with opinions and all.

I do think that Wolf II isn't going to be remembered very kindly. Critical reception aside, I haven't seen so many people on here disappointed in a high profile release (that wasn't a business practice fiasco) in a long time aside from Andromeda.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell is PUBG there?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty decent list. Not sure about PUBG, though to be fair I haven't given it much time.