• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Wayforward joining the development team for Bloodstained

Oct 25, 2017
For this month's update, we have an incredible support who will be joining the Bloodstained team. Can you guess who? It's WayForward!

That's right, WayForward, the makers of Shantae! As you may already know, they are top-tier when it comes to side-scrolling action games. There is even a staff member who previously worked on one of my projects, which is incredibly encouraging.

In consideration of their past achievements, WayForward will be helping the development team realize my vision for this game. Maybe I am even more excited than everyone else - with their help Bloodstained will become an even better game.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2356781

Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Huh? This late in the game? Honestly this comes off as strange and even troubling to me.
It's possible that they have been in development for more than a year or so but couldn't make it public due to NDAs. Is some weird thing. Tekken 3D was developed by Arika but that wasn't made public until the release of the game.

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like really late in the game. I have a very high opinion for WayForward, and I hope this works out for the best, but I can't shake that weird feeling.

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
While I echo everyone’s concerns saying this is worrying, WayForward are awesome so this reinvigorates my hope even if this seems to suggest troubled development

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
this kinda scares me. to bring in an accomplished studio in the 11th hour, if that’s what this is here, after a delay suggests some real problems. good news though.

Oct 27, 2017
this kinda scares me. to bring in an accomplished studio in the 11th hour, if that’s what this is here, after a delay suggests some real problems. good news though.
yeah i was thinking the same thing. this is both good and bad because wayforward does good work but it's worrying that they realized they needed outside help so far into the development.

Oct 25, 2017
France
Cool, but it's a bit weird that this is happening this late.
Oh well, since Curse of the Moon ended up in my top 10 for this year, no matter what happens, Bloodstained is already a success story for me. But my excitement level for the main game really isn't very high.

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, but it's a bit weird that this is happening this late.
Oh well, since Curse of the Moon ended up in my top 10 for this year, no matter what happens, Bloodstained is already a success story for me. But my excitement level for the main game really isn't very high.
Happens quite a bit in game dev, you don't always hear about it though.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Huh? This late in the game? Honestly this comes off as strange and even troubling to me.
It's not entirely uncommon for devs at a company the size of Wayforward to help out other games on short term contracts while those workers don't have anything to work on at their own company.

Oct 28, 2017
Inti Creates must have fucked up big if they need help this late in development. MN9 makes me think they aren't good for 3D development at all.
Glad I didn't back this.