• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to bet that in his rush to get through the game, Patrick accidentally...

sided with the church because he didn't talk to Edelgard

Nah, he spoke with her and picked the shorter route. Said as much on Twitter. Which is part of the reason I can't wait to hear him and Rob get into the back half of the game.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been following very closely as I'm not invested in the series, but I'm curious after today's podcast if their borderlands discussion overestimates how much the average person is tuned into/actually cares about the Randy Pitchford drama.

Last edited:

SirDancelot

Oct 29, 2017
Is Waypoints still a thing? I feel like it might be nice to get a sort of "state of the site" because I honestly don't know what is still being produced at this point? It seems like they had plans to do more Waypoint 101
And Lore Reasons but I have no clue what they have the capacity to do right now.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Photos of these muffins must be posted
latest

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, he spoke with her and picked the shorter route. Said as much on Twitter. Which is part of the reason I can't wait to hear him and Rob get into the back half of the game.

Yeah, he definitely did BE-E. I remember replying on Twitter when he was talking about the final battle the other day.

a thing I learned by chance right at end is that uhhhh Edelgard's relic's combat art sure has "take another turn if you hit a dragon"

and she had 100 hit on the boss and I'd barely used the relic, so Edelgard just kept taking turns

I was actually still trying to set up a cool finish for Byleth, but some of the final health bar needed to be gone too, aaaaaaand crit, so

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Then will find a way to blame the game for missing it 😜

I don't get this narrative of patrick having "rushed through the game".

-getting all students on the first go basically requires a guide (and it doesn't really improve the story or the gameplay anyway).

and thinking normal was a decent challenge, especially after FE fates, wasn't unreasonable. As someone that prefers playing Hard/classic and even Lunatic, the difficulty in 3H is by far the biggest critisism i have with that game. Regardless of difficulty option, they are all easy even for first timers.

Like, i don't agree with all his critisisms but they've had takes way hotter than what they said about 3H

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh boy, I can't believe they're actually using the MW2 boycott pic as a straight example.

Yeah, that pic is bad.

Adding to that, MW2 was the start of the irrevelancy of COD on PC.

Edit: the perfect example for boycotts that don't happen are the Battlefront games. Those sold a shitload despite seemingly everyone online hating them.

Last edited:

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Ooh boy, I can't believe they're actually using the MW2 boycott pic as a straight example.
That fucking picture has poisoned so many minds, I swear.

I haven't gotten to the pod yet, but I would have never expected Waypoint of all places to take an anti-boycott stance. Even with their antipathy towards Steam and obsequiousness towards EGS, that would seem like a bridge too far.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
That fucking picture has poisoned so many minds, I swear.

I haven't gotten to the pod yet, but I would have never expected Waypoint of all places to take an anti-boycott stance. Even with their antipathy towards Steam and obsequiousness towards EGS, that would seem like a bridge too far.

Uh no, they mentioned the boycott in that there were no serious boycott and harassment movements against gearbox nor randy for the EGS exclusivity, compared to indie devs who got hit by boycott and death threats.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
All the fun bits of Control discussion the past few weeks really make me want a dedicated spoilercast at some point this year. There's a lot of really cool stuff to dig into in that game.

OP
OP
Mezentine

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get Control but there's so much other stuff I need to play...Outer Wilds is next on my "definitely going to play now" list

Has Remedy said anything about further PS4 improvements? I have a Pro

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I understood it as a waxing as well, which makes me wonder if Rob has extremely loose or sensitive arm hair. Or extreme dough.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The good thing about sticky dough is Rob already explained you can solve it by rubbing in some more flour.

Unless, I dunno, his dough was half molten sugar.

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
A remake of The Blob except it's a rolling ball of dough, seeking out humans and engulfing them, but only consuming their body hair.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
With Sayonara Wild Hearts and Untitled Goose Game, this week is crazy for indie Switch games.

I am glad that the former seems to be great, I am more curious how the Waypoint crew will think about the latter.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
music good

(personally: I essentially like most music but just tend to hyper focus on a few albums at a time rather than actively seeking things out especially as I don't listen to the radio or anything, and enough people talked about her that I listened, etc.; I am definitely a fan but would not feel equipped to like... ever talk about music or compare her music to anything as an example)

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm saying if you wanna listen to actually good and interesting female-led 80s-inflected pop, just listen to Paramore's After Laughter

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
adult white men loving CRJ also has to be some kind of sign of something
White 32 year old dude here. E-MO-TION is a great album. I didn't particularly care for Dedicated though.

All I'm saying if you wanna listen to actually good and interesting female-led 80s-inflected pop, just listen to Paramore's After Laughter
I love After Laughter, but that album is a goddamn bummer and I can't listen to it unless I feel like being depressed.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
EMOTION is great pop album,, but yeah there is plenty of other great women in pop currently, even if youre not a fan of current top 40 pop e.g. CHARLI XCX, Kim Petras, Christine and the queens.