• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Long Live the Queen

4788753002d7f30a32d628e4929ece8b.png

UnInvincible

Aug 30, 2019
I already have a Switch Pro controller and two different 8BitDo controllers but Austin liking those HORI Daemon X Machina joy-cons pushed me to order them. My left joy-con stick is starting to drift and I don't find playing the Switch handheld super comfortable, so they'll probably be worth it.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
I know it is super obvious in retrospect, but I am so happy I didn't get the narrator for Sayonara Wild Hearts spoiled for me. Thank you Waypoint.

Also, Patrick is right that the back half of that game is better than the first half, but I really enjoyed everything, even though the first half is more of a glorified auto-runner.

Also, the Rez comparisons make a lot more sense now that I completed the game, lol.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
...don't suppose anyone else wants to join the joyous gamer to eorzea? I may have an idea for a giveaway

OP
OP
Mezentine

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how Aevee's review of Code Vein sits with me, especially contrasted with the RPS review. Normally I probably wouldn't care since different reviewers have different opinions (and I like Aevee's other work) but the RPS review highlights some really gross seeming sexist stuff that the Waypoint review seems to just sort of shrug off as "its trashy anime, what do you expect? Enjoy the junk" and I...think our standards should be higher?

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it has to do with expectations. Like if you know going in that it's by the folks that brought you God Eater, then none of this is all that surprising? idk.

There's a lot to unpack on how reviewers use 'anime' as a descriptor though. Christ.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There sure are some sentences in that review that never saw an editor:

This is especially a consideration in Code Vein because it there isn't any sort of limit on the co-op feature, and the default state of the game is to have an AI companion with you at all times.

What does "this" mean here? Nobody knows.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
What does "this" mean here? Nobody knows.

from the previous paragraph

enemy attacks that hit behind them (and encounters with multiple enemies) are basically the only thing that prevents a pair of players from distracting and backstabbing every enemy in the game to death (and that's still a viable strategy, it's just not free).

It's made awkward by the positioning of the review summary insert thing. definitely could be better

Oct 27, 2017
Throughout the Cube World discussion I kept going from 'damn i wanna play this' to 'damn i dont want to play this' back to 'damn i wanna play this' and i don't know exactly where i landed in the end.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
by the way, quite late to the discourse, but I finally got around to rewatching End of Evangelion last night and boy howdy was it way more intense than I remembered. That Asuka stuff is utterly fucked.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Throughout the Cube World discussion I kept going from 'damn i wanna play this' to 'damn i dont want to play this' back to 'damn i wanna play this' and i don't know exactly where i landed in the end.
Ha, right? What a bizarre, interesting thing it seems to be. Definitely want to check it out myself, though it may not be quite the same solo.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed their discussion regarding The Last of Us and that thread on gaming side is even more enlightening after listening to them talk about it. Joel is a monster.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the goose crossovers have been extremely quick to take hold

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
It makes me want some kind of crossover DLC where the goose invades the worlds of other indie games and wreaks havoc