• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish everyone had stayed. Team was great. I've found myself skipping the podcast way more than I used to.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I need a Lore Reasons: Battletech.

It's weird that they didn't talk about the Dangen / Ben Judd affair at all. I hope they talk about it on Monday.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the BattleTech cartoon.
battletech-05.gif

Good times.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It just dropped.

Robb's talking about cooking discourse and he called it "dishcourse." Which is great, but since Rob pronounces 40% of words just flat out wrong, nobody noticed that it was a joke.

goblin

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing Valravn's name mentioned in the podcast recently has sent me into a spiral of rewatching Tactical Tuesdays and I really, really miss Waypoint's streams.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Keighley's prediction-cast after watching the awards show is very funny.

The guys are batting .000

about to do that myself cause I got up to the point where they were gonna talk about it in today's and realized I hadn't heard the prediction one

though having any expectations means they'd be wrong, I guess

It just dropped.

Robb's talking about cooking discourse and he called it "dishcourse." Which is great, but since Rob pronounces 40% of words just flat out wrong, nobody noticed that it was a joke.

it wasn't unnoticed; they called it that when he first talked about the recipe a while back and it's a Discord channel name like Sabas said

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
well I recently heard the amazing dragon fight sequence and then that was topped by surprise Fantasmo with surprise Nick Scratch

genuinely made my heart swell, just delightful stuff
anyway galarian meowth is Fero

goblin

Oct 25, 2017
well I recently heard the amazing dragon fight sequence and then that was topped by surprise Fantasmo with surprise Nick Scratch

Surprise Nick Scratch is such a wonderful moment, what a touching and perfect way to put a bow on that character. I love the final sprint of Spring and its very long epilogue.

Gigantamax Centiskorch is what Fero turns into against the dragon.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised they're taking that Hellblade 2 trailer on its face. It's obviously going to be pulling some shit like the first one did.

I took that more of a tone piece, and in that regard, this game is going to be angrier and more aggressive than the first.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Everything from that point on to the end of Hieron is incredible. Enjoy
And yeah the
Nick
reveal was something else, perfectly executed.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
maybe was suddenly tearing up at 2 AM some night over that reveal

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the dark knight quests kinda sound exactly like what they should be

meanwhile
I'm helping a 40 year old catboy take down his former friend who has become a magic vampire, with the help of a mysterious amnesiac girl we rescued from a box

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I saw austin's replies to people about what he didn't like about the dark knight and yeah. that definitely seems like the localization team. (some people solely attribute stuff to koji fox in particular but the whole team seem to have their ups and downs). and then there's that moment in time with stormblood and the hamilton references. sometimes it's appropriate? but it can be real rough especially if you never got into/don't like hamilton lmao

also I liked this bit on the pod

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I've never actually done more than one of the DRK quests and generally skip almost all job quest cutscenes. I'm not sure exactly what people like about them

The SCH ones with the Tonberries are cute I guess.

Still think that Heavensward is prime modern Final Fantasy, so will be interested in Austin's take, good or bad.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the bard quests because guydelot and sanson being tsundere for each other was fun times.
red mage is enjoyable but brief.

the role quests when you hit shadowbringers are also very good. or at least the ones I've done so far (physical dps and magical dps)

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the bard quests because guydelot and sanson being tsundere for each other was fun times.
red mage is enjoyable but brief.

the role quests when you hit shadowbringers are also very good. or at least the ones I've done so far (physical dps and magical dps)

The Healer one in Shadowbringers was definitely the standout for me.

Overall, I was way more into exploring the Warriors of Darkness and their backstory instead of having the usual 3-5 quests that have been getting long in the tooth.

I was curious how those Dark Knight quests would go for Austin, as I always personally thought the initial 30-50 run was fine, but incredibly overstated by the community so I'm not surprised he fell into that trap. It continues on to have some interesting high points, but each class-through-job quest line have at least one point where things get interesting. The only one that never ever hit for me from start to finish is Gladiator > Paladin. Even the crafting jobs have some interesting through-lines that help add to the overall world.

I found DRK way more interesting throughout Stormblood...

Where you start manifesting guilt, remorse, and pain instead of just petulance.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I can't believe what I'm hearing!
you can be a lalafell and have a mustache and not be a terrible person!
look at this tiny potato dad!

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
re: thanos and darksied:

Cb8lAtC.jpg

darkseid-thanos-coffee-03.jpg

also curse rob zacny for making me want to reread x-wing and maybe start watching clone wars. 'i'm not a star wars mark' i assure myself as i actively entertain buying the xwing bundle on kindle (its basically just those books and the thrawn stuff that rules imho)

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I've been thinking about Austin's comments on Hellblade and some of the criticism around it despite the widespread acclaim it received and the effort that seemed to go into it.
I haven't played the game, so can't comment to any actual issues or concerns around it, but I wonder, given that mental health is a very personal and individual thing, is it possible for a game covering these issues to ever satisfy everyone?
I'd assume not, and so obviously the answer to this issue is for there to be more games from a greater variety of backgrounds and perspectives. If Hellblade is thought of as "THE mental health game," this obviously leads to issues around people thinking that all mental health issues are as presented, with auditory hallucinations and so on but (and I'm giving Hellblade the benefit of the doubt here), that doesn't mean that it's an invalid perspective on these issues.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's a steampunk pun

I had to make sure that you weren't telling the truth, because I was like 99% sure Battletech doesn't do that purely because they would have said it in the podcast

and while I was correct and they did not make that pun, I sure did see many variations of "giri overcomes ninjo" in the results and I have no idea what's going on in Battletech

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
I had to make sure that you weren't telling the truth, because I was like 99% sure Battletech doesn't do that purely because they would have said it in the podcast

and while I was correct and they did not make that pun, I sure did see many variations of "giri overcomes ninjo" in the results and I have no idea what's going on in Battletech
sorry for the confusion! I was too eager to do a joke. a steampun if you will. especially sorry that you had to look it up.