• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what my GOTG would be, but I can't say it was Mass Effect 2. A significant part of my enjoyment at the time (and why I played it multiple times to have different save files) was that it was a middle chapter that was going to be paid off by it's sequel- the 3rd Mass Effect game being a dud really hurts ME2 in my eyes.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The answer is Life is Strange. I know it was just slipping y'all's minds which is why it wasn't mentioned earlier.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The answer is Life is Strange. I know it was just slipping y'all's minds which is why it wasn't mentioned earlier.

LIS is in my all-time top five but a 2015 release definitely rules it out of the PS3/360 generation for me even if it released on those platforms.

If you were talking game of the current generation I'd be fully behind you, though.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is only one true game of the generation.
latest

Just ask Scoops.
2598544-scoopthwomp.gif

Oct 27, 2017

games that were cross-gen at release probably shouldn't count for the previous gen. like GTA5 could be considered since debuted for ps3/360 but was rereleased on the new gen, but games like LiS and MGS5 I wouldn't count.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, yeah, Spelunky HD is a great choice for game of last gen. It just doesn't feel like a last gen game because I still regularly play it on PS4/Vita

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i mean i only know about it because of ben mentioning it on gb one time

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
As a culmination of the series that can include almost all of the past soundtracks, I'd say Rock Band 3 is an easy GotG.

And LiS came out on last gen? In 2015? I had no idea.

probably still my favourite game this gen tho

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
is looking like a complete prat part of the appeal of it

i feel like i probably saw it in something before the modern era of flossing, i just had no idea it was called flossing

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
It's a shame that Waypoint is focussing more on podcasts. I mostly consume the site through reading it, and I've been having a lot less to read lately.
I do really enjoy the podcasts, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to something so analytical. I mostly use podcasts as something to zone out to on my commute, and I have to think too much when listening to WP.
I hope all goes well for the site, though. It's a voice that we need in this industry.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Having listened to a few of the waypoints now and it's probably not for me. It's nothing to do with the format or the people really, it's just that it's really television show heavy for someone who doesn't like to watch tv.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Having listened to a few of the waypoints now and it's probably not for me. It's nothing to do with the format or the people really, it's just that it's really television show heavy for someone who doesn't like to watch tv.

That's pretty much how i feel as well.

I don't mind listening to a talk about the odd show. I might even check it out. But a podcast focused on them (and movies) isn't that interesting to me.

Though i'm probably in the minority on that. TV-stuff is super popular, generally.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much how i feel as well.

I don't mind listening to a talk about the odd show. I might even check it out. But a podcast focused on them (and movies) isn't that interesting to me.

Though i'm probably in the minority on that. TV-stuff is super popular, generally.

Oh yeah it's totally just a me thing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen like 25 minutes and already the stream is gold.

Excellent stuff. XCOM 2morrow

Edit: omg Natalie's lyft story agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Happily surprised at how well the donations have started off. Pretty clear that the people who do watch/listen/read to Waypoint are passionate about it.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Happily surprised at how well the donations have started off. Pretty clear that the people who do watch/listen/read to Waypoint are passionate about it.
Yeah I think they massively underestimated their target total. Stream has barely been going for an hour and a half and they're at 72% already with another 70 hours to go!

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Natalie playing DDR for about half an hour before realising she was looking at the wrong side of the screen.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Danika has too much sass and whimsy for a Quarian, she's probably Salarian.

The Woke Gamer is Udina-aligned human for sure