• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also I totally want to hear what they thought of Fyre on today's Waypoints, that was a wild doc and I'm going to get around to the Hulu one soon because they somehow got Billy McFarland to sit down and be interviewed which if you've watched the Netflix doc you'll know is completely wiiiiild

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any other series they could do a lore reasons about? Love the concept and the episodes on KH so far but it probably depends on if they can have a fun angle on any given franchise. Would be neat if there could be more lore reasons after KH but maybe it wouldn't work as well.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any other series they could do a lore reasons about? Love the concept and the episodes on KH so far but it probably depends on if they can have a fun angle on any given franchise. Would be neat if there could be more lore reasons after KH but maybe it wouldn't work as well.
I need Austin and Rob to talk about Battletech lore.

I need Austin, Patrick, and Natalie to figure out Evangelion lore.

I need Natalie, Patrick, Rob, and Austin to talk Twin Peaks.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Metal gear, but a few of them already have a grounding and it's kind of straightforward.

Oohh.. danganronpa or zero escape

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Zero escape in particular would be so fucking good oh my god

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much every Final Fantasy could have an episode dedicated to its lore, if someone hasn't played FFX and tries to explain to someone what it is it would sound insane

Edit: Yo, what happened to Rob's partner with their root canal surgery is fuuuuuucked. I had two done myself and when it's done properly it's probably less painful than even an extraction. In a developed country for a doctor to be that bad at their job is mind boggling.

It isn't easy to quailify so when someone is practicing but is somehow an embicile it immediately makes me think about what checks along the way have failed for this situation to occur.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it just "Questions" to Gaming Advice Dot Com or something like that.

(For pod questions, not sure about other stuff.)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
it is @ vice, not advice

I hope at some point they realise how much extra lore is in that mobile game so they loop back around to that and the weird movie thing that was tied to it. I feel like there's at least 3 hours worth of material right there.

Yeah, I'm also wondering if they'll go back to that. I feel like they'd really only need to watch (some of) Back Cover though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I still want to know if targeted advertising meaning that half the waycasts I listen to don't have ads still means they get paid more than the other pods advertising crap I can't even order at me get

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Danielle: "They're (football players) basically mutants"

Austin: "OK, let's not call them mutants"

Danielle doubles down

Austin, in audible pain: "Mhmm, that''s.. right.. ok.."

This is probably the best episode of Waypoints

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Danielle's 'this game has cops and don't forget, cops are implements of systemic racism!' bit in her RE2 piece ran dangerously close to type of junk I see from woke twitter liberals attempting to flash progressive bonafides and then I listen to the pod and she says *that*.

Yikes.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought Danielle's 'this game has cops and don't forget, cops are implements of systemic racism!' bit in her RE2 piece ran dangerously close to type of junk I see from woke twitter liberals attempting to flash progressive bonafides and then I listen to the pod and she says *that*.

Yikes.

Ah, fuck off. It was a moment of levity she very much explained in detail afterwards for people who like you who would be willing to assume the worst.

Oct 27, 2017
'People like me", lol, alright dude.

On second pass my assessment of that part of Danielle's RE2 piece was overly harsh and uncharitable. However just for you, I listened to that part of Waypoints again--and yeah, despite her spinning it as a compliment I'm generally not into (mostly black) pro athletes being described as mutants. I'll be fine with never having to read how much an NBA prospect is a 'physical specimen' with 'enormous hands' again.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'People like me", lol, alright dude.

On second pass my assessment of that part of Danielle's RE2 piece was overly harsh and uncharitable. However just for you, I listened to that part of Waypoints again--and yeah, despite her spinning it as a compliment I'm generally not into (mostly black) pro athletes being described as mutants. I'll be fine with never having to read how much an NBA prospect is a 'physical specimen' with 'enormous hands' again.

Wooooooow.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to lore reasons at 4am in some misguided attempt to defeat insomnia is some shit I tell you what

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I want Austin talking about machine elves for two hours